PDA

View Full Version : Updating a tune

Iowa Rick
08-15-2008, 11:12 PM
I have a question about tuning.
I purchased a xcal3 tuner and 91 octane tunes for 3:55 and 4:10 rears from Lidio. I love the way my car performs and really like the trans shifting improvement. What I'd like to change is when the torque converter locks up. Mine most of the time never locks up because of the traffic and speed limits. Interstate in town is either 55 or 60MPH. Most secondary roads are 55 MPH. I'd prefer the TQ lock up at 40 - 45 MPH.
Can the Xcal 3 programmer make this change? Are the programs locked to prevent modification? What are my options? I won't go back to the factory tune. Thanks Rick

Marauderjack
08-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Rick,

I think it is an easy fix for a dealer?? I had a "Lidio Type" tune and didn't like the high TC locking speed in 4th only!!:shake:

When I got my ProCharger the tuner came with a tune Dave and Greg worked out and it locks in 3rd or 4th at 43 MPH (light throttle) allowing you to drive around town with the O/D off and still lock in 3rd gear!!:beer:

It immediately unlocks the TC when down shifting from 4th to 3rd or 3rd to 2nd........also unlocks when off the gas and coasting!!:bows:

I really like this tune and would suggest you get someone to modify yours similarly especially getting away from the 60+ MPH TC lock!!:help:

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

ctrlraven
08-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Mine does that @ 50mph per the Zack tune I have.

Bradley G
08-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Lidio has the t/c locking @57 MPH on the stock Trilogy tune, I believe it is the same for his N/A tune.

rayjay
08-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Lidio has the t/c locking @57 MPH on the stock Trilogy tune, I believe it is the same for his N/A tune.

I had this changed also due to being a country road driver. The tune killed my gas mileage because the TC was rarely locked up.

Marauderjack
08-16-2008, 02:18 PM
The unlocked TC will also generate a LOT of heat......Locking it at around 45 MPH gives you the best of both worlds!!:beer:

Local Boy
08-16-2008, 04:08 PM
To answer your question...

No...Your (handheld) tuner cannot adjust the lock-up schedule...It must be written into the tune...

Good Luck...

ALOHA