PDA

View Full Version : X3 tuner update?

Stangracer89
08-20-2008, 11:21 AM
I was getting ready to finally use my Lidio x3 (3000) N/A tuner to do some data logging. However, when I went to the SCT site they say that I needed to update to the new (july 25, 08) Firm ware and software tune. I am afraid that it will erase/overwrite the three custom Lidio tunes on it. Has anyone done this firm/software update on their older (07) x3's? I love the tune I have and would get seriously upset it I lost them. Thanks for your input.

Zack
08-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I was getting ready to finally use my Lidio x3 (3000) N/A tuner to do some data logging. However, when I went to the SCT site they say that I needed to update to the new (july 25, 08) Firm ware and software tune. I am afraid that it will erase/overwrite the three custom Lidio tunes on it. Has anyone done this firm/software update on their older (07) x3's? I love the tune I have and would get seriously upset it I lost them. Thanks for your input.

I cant answer your question, but another call to them should!

sanco
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
i did an update on mine and i didnt loose any custom tunes, i cannot guarantee that it wont happen on your x3 so i would definatelly check first.

Iowa Rick
08-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I figured if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I just got a Zack tune and didn't update mine. It worked fine. Its like a bios update on a computer. If you are not having problems it does not make sense to update IMHO. Sometimes it introduces problems that were not there before. Rick

red
09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Did you upgrade the firmware? If so, what were the results? I do not recall any issues with losing tunes when upgrading the firmware on an XCalibrator 2, though this is not to say that you will not lose any as it could depend on a number of factors (e.g., device type, from and to firmware versions, etc.). If you've not upgraded yet and still plan to do so, the following may be helpful:

http://www.sctflash.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=27&nav=0