PDA

View Full Version : HOLY Sweet Deal on a Mark 8!

Zack
08-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Check this out :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lincoln-Mark-Series-1998-Lincoln-Mark-VIII-LSC-Mustang-COBRA-engine_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcateg oryZ6305QQihZ011QQitemZ3202879 42081QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Raudermaster
08-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Very nice, someone actually dropped in a '99/01 motor. Car looks awesome too.

Grifter
08-22-2008, 10:51 AM
nope.. not a 99-01 motor. well, probably not anyway, the shortblock might be.

Thats the stock intake on it. They only fit B heads. 99-01 have C heads. I swapped a 97 Cobra intake onto my 97 Mark VIII. MUCH better intake than stock. That stock one blows. Even if they did swap in a cobra shortblock, its the same as the Marks but with a forged crank. There isnt anything to be gained by that swap. I doubt its a Termi block, that would be a dog N/A. Seeing as it has the Lincoln Snake badges, I'd say its someone from the LvsC or markviii.org boards. My money is on someone putting some cobra plaques on the stock motor, they plaques look like reproductions anyway, they arent engraved, (or atleast dont really look like it) and they look like stock Mark valve covers. The PCV and breather tube placements are different on cobra covers.

It has a chrome grill too, so it might have been punched in the front, LSC's should have body colored grills. the wheels look clean, sure would be nice of the owner put the directionals on the right way though.

Man, I know way too much about Marks...
Good price though right now. under 15 mins to go.