PDA

View Full Version : Roadsigns By Fay

oldekid
08-22-2008, 12:44 PM
This is my street earlier today. We have had approximately 14 inches of rain since midnight last night. Water is still flowing, and will probably continue for another day (or longer, if it doesn't stop raining). Two streets down, there is a very swampy field that is continually overflowing to our street, so it will possibly get worse if the local lakes can't handle all of the runoff.

I wanted to get more shots in the neighborhood that look much worse, but we are still getting bands of rain, and I really don't like ruining my digital cameras.

I consider us lucky, because some areas have had 20 to 30 inches in the past two days, and are totally flooded out. I'll try to post more as soon as it is safe, and dry enough to get around.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/JohnTrogdon/Canon%2085L%20Lens/IMG_0522copy.jpg

TiTo35
08-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Wish you the best man...Houses or cars arent damaged are they?

oldekid
08-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Wish you the best man...Houses or cars arent damaged are they?Thanks Tito. So far, so good. We are still supposed to get some of the nasty outer bands of the storm, as it pulls away to the west, so we may not be done yet. Hopefully, we won't get much more, because Reba doesn't swim very well. :)

CRUZTAKER
08-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear about all that water...damn we sure could use some here. No rain to call adequate in better than 7 weeks.

I am more worried about you lens....did it get wet?
That's not one of your better pics.:P

Drum roll and bell ding follow....

Bluerauder
08-22-2008, 04:32 PM
This is my street earlier today.
I saw some video from the Brevard Couty EOC that showed a homemade "No Wake Zone" sign in front of someone's house.

oldekid
08-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear about all that water...damn we sure could use some here. No rain to call adequate in better than 7 weeks.

I am more worried about you lens....did it get wet?
That's not one of your better pics.:P

Drum roll and bell ding follow....My "lens" is fine. I didn't use the 85 for that pic. I went out in between the bands of wind and rain to just shoot something. That was my 24 to 105 lens. It's a great lens, but just doesn't have the magic of the 85. I'll do better next time. :D

oldekid
08-22-2008, 05:58 PM
I saw some video from the Brevard Couty EOC that showed a homemade "No Wake Zone" sign in front of someone's house.Actually, I have seen several of those on the local news. I just didn't see any in our neighborhood. That would have made a better pic though. Maybe I should make one. :)

TAKEDOWN
08-22-2008, 07:31 PM
all that water... makes you wanna pee.