PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to unlock Xcal2s?

Dark_Knight7096
08-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Bought a tuner from a fellow member selling it for a family member. He was told it was returned to stock but it never was, i really don't wanna have to send this back to SCT and pay an unlocking fee, is anyone here able to go ahead and get this unlocked for me?

KillJoy
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
:rofl:

!!!!!

KillJoy

Iowa Rick
08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Bought a tuner from a fellow member selling it for a family member. He was told it was returned to stock but it never was, i really don't wanna have to send this back to SCT and pay an unlocking fee, is anyone here able to go ahead and get this unlocked for me?

Since its condition was misrepresented I'd suggest asking for a refund or get reimbursed for the unlocking fee. Rick

fastblackmerc
08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
:rofl:

!!!!!

KillJoy

+1 :shake:

Zack
08-26-2008, 04:53 PM
You need to download Livelink from www.sctflash.com.
The tuner might still say its VIN locked, but in reality it might not be.
Livelink will let you remove the vin lock (as long as it was returned to stock on the original vehicle)

Richy04
08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Ditto on that, Zack is right!!

I bought one from Marty Weaver and he said it was unmarried. It in fact was unmarried but you must use live link to reset the vinlock. No big deal if its vin locked, find the appropriate usb cable and unlock it.. If it was used one time, there will be 4 more vins it will lock to before it needs to be sent back to sct. I was good to go after doing the vin unlock using live link. if it doesnt, get your money back as the dude is still driving around with your tune in his car and thats not cool!!

Dennis Reinhart
08-26-2008, 08:17 PM

You can send it to any SCT dealer and they can send it in to be unlocked the charge is 100.00