PDA

View Full Version : Motorhead350s Marauder possibly for sale

Motorhead350
08-27-2008, 02:36 PM
You read right. I do not want to get rid of the car at all, but I got some really bad news last night and my moms life is more important than my Marauder. I request two major things. One this car stays in the Marauder family and must be to someone who I know off of our club. Two is the new owner will agree to sell the car back to me when the time comes. I do not care what is done to it, but it will not be sold to anyone else and I can buy it back when the time comes. I don't care if I loose money on it, I do not want to part with the car.

Car has 129,000 miles and had a new engine installed 29,000 miles ago. Tranny is built and it has Procharger number 30 pushing 9psi. Comes with 2 extra wheels with BFG Drag Radials that are still good.

Asking $12,000.

I will give full details later.

Call if you have any questions or concerns.

I will know in about a week if I really have to resort to selling this car.

(312) 925-8699.

P.S. I can no longer have cars as my main hobby. I cannot attend MV6 anymore nor can I do anything else I want to. The car will have headers on it by the time of the sale too. Looks like I won't be heard from much anymore except on here.

:depress:

TiTo35
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Hope everything is OK with you moms...

Good luck with the sale...

Motorhead350
08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks.

I don't want any sale though... weird hua?

justbob
08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Dang Dom, i hope your mom is allright.

ImpalaSlayer
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
home some one can meet the requests youve made. and hope your mom is ok

Shora
08-27-2008, 02:59 PM
One this car stays in the Marauder family and must be to someone who I know off of our club. Two is the new owner will agree to sell the car back to me when the time comes. I do not care what is done to it, but it will not be sold to anyone else and I can buy it back when the time comes. I don't care if I loose money on it, I do not want to part with the car. :depress:

I don't want any sale though... weird hua?

First, I do wish for the best for your mother. I think it is a very mature decision to help (even if it means selling your Marauder). It's only property. You will only have one mom so it's good to see you do the right thing.

With that said, don't worry. Nobody is going to buy your car. No one will buy a Ferrari under those conditions let alone a twice totaled Marauder.

Zack
08-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Ill give you 8k for it.
Hope mom is well.

RoyLPita
08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Sell the Chevys.

KillJoy
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
If you sell the car, it is sold.

I would not agree to your terms. I do not think anyone will either, unless they have more money than they know what to do with.

Good Luck on the Sale, and w/ whatever is going on.

KillJoy

Local Boy
08-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Wishing your Mom, ALL the Best...

ALOHA

GordonB
08-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Dom,
Sorry to hear about your mom.
Have a suggestion IF you own the MM outright -- take the title and get a loan on the car as collateral. FWIW.
If your car hobby has become a 'family issue', then all bets are off.
I feel for you.
GordonB

KillJoy
08-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Have a suggestion IF you own the MM outright -- take the title and get a loan on the car as collateral. FWIW.

:up:

KillJoy

rayjay
08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Dom, wish the best for your Mom. I agree, once its sold, thats it.

Bobmiddle
08-27-2008, 04:20 PM
I just refinanced mine 2 weeks ago to pay off some other debt. It was still worth $16k in there book. I only took $9k and have payments under 200 per mo.
The terms of your sale is going to make it hard.

I send my best wishes to your Mother.

Dragcity
08-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Sorry to hear Dom....

All the best to you and yours.

Raudermaster
08-27-2008, 05:09 PM
This is ironic. Sorry to hear Dom, hope your Mom makes it through.

FastMerc
08-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Sounds like a life changing event to me I hope all turns out well for all concerned,sorry to hear about your mom.I have to agree with killjoy! Unless you can find a trusting individual to go along with that idea,you may never see it again.If its paid for just put it in grandmas garage for awhile, store it.

DTRMiguel
08-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom. My prayers go out to you and your family

Zack
08-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey Dom, I dont mean to be blunt or anything, but your dad is a very successful restauranteur.
Probably even has health insurance and all that jazz.

Why dou YOU need to sell your car?

TAKEDOWN
08-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Dom... can't you just pull out a personal loan? This here must be VERY serious. Dom pm or call me if you just need someone to talk to.

Motorhead350
08-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey Dom, I dont mean to be blunt or anything, but your dad is a very successful restauranteur.
Probably even has health insurance and all that jazz.

Why dou YOU need to sell your car?

I really cannot mention why especailly on a public form, but I will say this remember the delay on the other place... well it's worse than that, a lot worse. Please don't mention anything if you stop by this weekend.

gmtech
08-28-2008, 05:00 AM
its a tough time to sell a MM, especially with any kind of terms...best of luck with the sell and sorry about your mom

Blackmobile
08-28-2008, 05:29 AM
So you really just want somebody to lease it.....interesting concept.

SC Cheesehead
08-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Dom,

Sorry to hear about your mom.

Keep us posted, and good luck with the car.

Hey, +2 on all the comments about using the car for collateral on a loan; makes more sense than selling it and losing the car.

DOOM
08-28-2008, 07:13 AM
Dom i am truly sorry to hear about your mom i really hope everything works out.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Sell the car and don't look back. The 'buy back' option will never happen and you will 100% scare off any potential buyers that way. They will think you are not serious about selling if you are telling them up front that you can call your chips back in when you feel like it.

Master
08-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Easy fix. Ask for "First Right of Refusal". If, when the new owner wants to sell, then they must offer to you for the best price they are currently being offered. Its easy and its a normal term for sale of a sentimental item. If the price is too high, you just say no. If you can handle it, then you buy the car back. I wouldn't have a problem with this. The only thing is, the person who buys it may NEVER want to sell. Then you might just as well go look for another ride.
Hope the GF you picked up who loved the car is still interested in you after its gone. It'll be a good test.
And, of course, whatever the home-life crisis, I hope it all works out for you.

Egon Spengler
08-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Sorry to hear about your mom Dom...

Sell the car and when ready to buy another... go for the Impala SS instead!

Motorhead350
08-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Looks like things aren't so bad after all. I was told I was "over reacting" by my dad last night when I said I kinda put an ad up. I still cannot go to MV6 anymore or do much else unless it's going to give me some kinda benefit.

SC Cheesehead
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Looks like things aren't so bad after all. I was told I was "over reacting" by my dad last night when I said I kinda put an ad up. I still cannot go to MV6 anymore or do much else unless it's going to give me some kinda benefit.

What!!:confused:

Just tell your old man what a class bunch of guys we are, and that anytime you get together with us, some of that class is bound to rub off, that oughta about do it.;)

Doug Neidermeyer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0582420/): And most recently of all, a "Roman Toga Party" was held from which we have received more than two dozen reports of individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here.

Motorhead350
08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
It's more than that man. It's nothing against anyone personal or anything. I can only spend cash on stuff I need now as suppose to fun. :( I'll recover.

Bigdogjim
08-28-2008, 11:43 AM
It's more than that man. It's nothing against anyone personal or anything. I can only spend cash on stuff I need now as suppose to fun. :( I'll recover.

That's what I like to hear! I am sure you will.

Remember that which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Bluerauder
08-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear about the situation with your Mom. Hope everything works out.

TAKEDOWN
08-28-2008, 01:38 PM

Well I'm glad to here things aren't that bad... phewwww! If there's anything I can do, you know how to find me Dom.