PDA

View Full Version : Beer Store Monopoly

Canadasvt
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
I, as many, are tired of the Beer Stores monopoly on beer sales. Why do we still have to put up with high prices and poor service?

The Beer Stores are now owned by foreign corporations who make a huge profit: Belgium's InBev, Coors in the U.S. and Japan's Sapporo.

"Every other jurisdiction has moved past our quaint notion of beer retailing to offer comsumers more choice. It is time for Ontario to join the 21st century" - Ted Chudleigh, Conservative MPP for Halton.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nobeerstore/index.html (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nobeerstore/index.html)

Bluerauder
08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
I, as many, are tired of the Beer Stores monopoly on beer sales. Why do we still have to put up with high prices and poor service?
Darn .... I thought that this was about a new Milton Bradley Drinking Game. ;)

duhtroll
08-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Close. That would be "Beer-opoly."

Which really is not a board game. It's when one guy hogs the tap.

Darn .... I thought that this was about a new Milton Bradley Drinking Game. ;)

Dr Caleb
08-29-2008, 08:41 PM

The Beer Stores are now owned by foreign corporations who make a huge profit: Belgium's InBev, Coors in the U.S. and Japan's Sapporo.

Vote with your wallet. Coors light, Labatt's Blue, Molson Canadian, Budwieser - all crap.

Fin De Monde, Grasshopper, Warthog Ale, Road Dog. Now, that's beer!

Serge
09-01-2008, 09:20 AM
I signed the petition. I don't remember the last time I went to the Beer Store. The LCBO is right around the corner from my house. 5 min walk and I am there.

KillJoy
09-01-2008, 09:21 AM
You have to go to a special store to buy beer???

:dunno:

KillJoy

QWK SVT
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
You have to go to a special store to buy beer???

:dunno:

KillJoy

Unfortunately, yes. Can't just stop at the gas station and fill up, like you can. Along with this great service, we also get to pay more / bottle than you do, too :rolleyes: