PDA

View Full Version : Wheels look like new!

joedee
08-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi,
This may be old news to some of you but, I put some Zaino clear seal on my 03 Marauders wheels today and I can't believe how good they look. Just wipe it on and let it dry. No wiping anything off. It brought the shine back big time. I bought this to use on the paint but was not real happy with how it looked afterwords. It is made for paint (and our wheels are sealed with clear coat) and I really did not want to wax the wheels. From now on this is all I will use on the wheels. Got the idea from reading the feedback on the Zaino site. Some guy said he used it on his wheels and was very happy with the shine. Again this may be old news to some of you I thought I would share it just in case.

Joe

my_rodder
08-31-2008, 08:10 PM
why dont you like the clear seal? I like all the other stuff and was going to order that as well.

joedee
08-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Clear seal is great on the wheels but on the paint it seems like it takes the other coats of Zaino off. It may be just me but when I put the clear on I could see small scrathes in the paint that I did not see with multiple coats of the regular Zaino. Don't get me wrong. Zaino is the best polish/wax I have ever used but the clear seal is in my opinion best to be used on the wheels. After I put the clear on the motor hood I could see some scratched. I when over it with the detail spray and it looked a little better but not as good as it was before the clear. A few days later I put the ZR6 on (3 coats) and the scratches were gone again. I must also mention that the scratches I saw were under a florescent light in the garage. Don't know how it would have looked in the sun light but I figure if I can see then under the light in the garage it was not the way I wanted to go. Again, I will use Zaino on this car as long as I own it. Best stufff you can buy. Clear seal however is one item I will only use on the wheels in the furture.

joedee
08-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Clear seal is great on the wheels but on the paint it seems like it takes the other coats of Zaino off. It may be just me but when I put the clear on I could see small scrathes in the paint that I did not see with multiple coats of the regular Zaino. Don't get me wrong. Zaino is the best polish/wax I have ever used but the clear seal is in my opinion best to be used on the wheels. After I put the clear on the motor hood I could see some scratched. I when over it with the detail spray and it looked a little better but not as good as it was before the clear. A few days later I put the ZR6 on (3 coats) and the scratches were gone again. I must also mention that the scratches I saw were under a florescent light in the garage. Don't know how it would have looked in the sun light but I figure if I can see then under the light in the garage it was not the way I wanted to go. Again, I will use Zaino on this car as long as I own it. Best stufff you can buy. Clear seal however is one item I will only use on the wheels in the furture.

Correction, Just checked the numbers on the Zaino and the ZR6 is the detail spray. I used the ZR5 on the hood (3 coats) and the small scratches were gone again.

hyvltge
09-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Any pics of the wheels?

silver beast
09-01-2008, 05:24 PM
wait where did u buy the stuff for the wheels at i really need to bring the shine back to mines

ImpalaSlayer
09-01-2008, 05:30 PM
want shime? get them chrommed

FormulaMarauder
09-01-2008, 08:17 PM
want shime? get them chrommed
exactly. they look amazing chromed

ImpalaSlayer
09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
http://a663.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/96/l_573a0be5f6307fdcc17fca665f62 f5ae.jpg

ImpalaSlayer
09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
mmmmm. just dont use them in the winter >:O

joedee
09-02-2008, 05:43 AM
wait where did u buy the stuff for the wheels at i really need to bring the shine back to mines

Zaino brothers has a web site you buy from. Do a search on Zaino Brothers and you will find it. They have many different products. The one I used on the wheels was called clear seal.

ckadiddle
09-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Turtle Wax Ice works well on stock wheels also, assuming they are in pretty good condition to begin with. We do the wheels with it when we do the body. Makes 'em sparkle.