PDA

View Full Version : Converter lockup

Bradley G
09-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I don't feel the torque converter lock up, on the Marauder while at highway speeds(above 65).
I also don't seem to get any better fuel mileage with highway miles Vs. non highway miles.
I do very little highway, my commute is 50 mph max.
I had the transmission rebuilt quite a long time ago and was wondering if anything was amiss from that.
I was a little concerned last time I dropped the pan, on the refill,trans fluid came out of the fill tube where it goes into the transmission case.
Once it was full, none leaks out.

red
09-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't feel the torque converter lock up, on the Marauder while at highway speeds(above 65).
I also don't seem to get any better fuel mileage with highway miles Vs. non highway miles.
I had the transmission rebuilt quite a long time ago and was wondering if anything was amiss from that.
It can be difficult at times to recognize the lock-up. Have you done any data logging? It might be tuned out or--your concern--a mechanical issue (e.g., worn lock-up clutch or bad solenoid).

ctrlraven
09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I was a little concerned last time I dropped the pan, on the refill,trans fluid came out of the fill tube where it goes into the transmission case.
Once it was full, none leaks out.

After I had my 3500 stall installed my fill tube started to leak just a little bit where it connects to the transmission. Got it up on my friends lift, pulled the tube out, replaced the O-ring and slapped some Toyota black RTV silicone on it and put it back in. No more leaky. You have to go to a Toyota dealer to get their black RTV, its about $14-15 for a small tube but it's well worth it. I know a lot of Toyota engine builders use it in place of real gaskets and still holds fine on 800+ rwhp twin turbo Supras with no problem.

Bradley G
09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks for that info