PDA

View Full Version : Nissan GT-R Joyride

Glenn
09-05-2008, 04:56 PM
This is a nice video of the new Nissan GT-R: http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/drive.gif

But for $80,000??????????

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...Ref=Newsletter (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nissan-GTR-First_180423.htm?Ref=Newslette r)

Glenn http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/burnout.gif

Breadfan
09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I just love it when people making these vids try ot do the slow motion beauty shots on fugly cars like this. That thing looks hideous!

I love the stars on the windshield of the chase car, they rule! (j/k)

Oh and read the comments typical ricer like this:

the GTR might not be as powerful as the ZO6 engine wise however it has intelligent technology
WTF does that mean, "It's slow but it's smart while doing it and shows you graphs of how much you got your ass handed to you by a vette."

I'd probably be just a TINY BIT nicer if it wasn't $80k!!! A couple turbos, a big brake kit, "Dude your getting a Dell!" in the dashboard, and a body kit on a 350z is that really worth 80k?

ImpalaSlayer
09-05-2008, 05:25 PM
ugly as balls but pretty neat

Breadfan
09-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Trans sounds like a manual with a paddle auto-clutch, not a manualized-slushbox. I still kinda prefer true manuals but for competition driving paddles will get you around a bit faster...

Raudermaster
09-05-2008, 08:07 PM
lol, you guys dogging the GTR. It IS the most technologically advanced vehicle out there in this world (besides the Veyron maybe), and yes, while the body lines aren't the greatest compared to the R34, this is still one hell of a powerful car with PLENTY more potential to be had. And yes, it is realistically an auto with the the paddle shifts and no clutch, but had "R" mode if you want to get down and dirty.

TAKEDOWN
09-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I still think our Marauder still looks better...$80,000.00??? I can think of many better places that amount of money can go, but if it was play money and had many more left I'd rather put it in the Marauder!

Peace2Peep
09-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Hmmm....$80,000 in marauder upgrades = nice marauder

$80,000 in GT-R = $80,000 nice sports car

I love my marauder but the GT-R is in a whole different class...not even apples and oranges...more like apples and pecans!

I would drive a GT-R over a marauder any day of the week, if it was given to me!

A corvette is nice too!

PS oh! The only corvette that will beat a GT-R with a decent driver is the $100K+ ZR1 Check your stats.

UncleLar
09-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm pretty happy with my DTR MM even though I've only started modding it, but that car is capable of handing their lunch to darn near every super car or exotic car out there except maybe the Veyron.The sob is butt fugly but it hauls zas.
$80K if you've got it ain't that much for a car that'll walk all over cars that cost 2-3 times as much.Like it or not,it's quick as he!! and corners like a tether car,plus as was stated earlier it carries extremely advanced technology.A few production cars will be able to take it in a top end run,but VERY FEW will be able to out accelerate or out corner it,on the street or on the track.The new ZR1 Vette is going to run over $100K,the Ford GT's probably sold for close to $200K with dealer profit grabbing,I don't know what a Ferrari or Turbo Porsche costs but I'm sure they make this a bargain.
My son is going to wait a couple years and pick up a clean low mile one out in Silicone Valley by him and let someone else take the whack on depreciation on it.He'll probably get rid of his Audi S4 then and keep his Honda S2K for an errand car.
Will I ever buy one,no,but when he gets his I'll take it out for a couple of days and play with it on Skyline Blvd in the Berkley hills and see how it compares to the Pantera I had in 1973 and let him take me for a ride to show me exactly what it'll do so I can load my shorts.
If I had the money I'd buy a Bentley Brooklands and keep the Marauder for a daily driver.
You pays your money and you takes your choice.:twocents:

sconut1
09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Having owned a Nissan product before, I wonder if it's comes with a spare engine. They seem to only be good for about 50,000 miles.....

It's been over 10 years since I owned my Nissan and I still hate the company because of that car

crabby125
09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
The car looks like a 350z that went on a shopping spree at the first 2 isles of Pepboys.

It might be fast, and handle like a dream, but Id still rather have something with more style. It just screams out "RICE"

OneBADLsE
09-22-2008, 01:13 AM
Now THATS a machine!

Oh - PS....its a worked AWD G37. Really. Thats all it is. Im my truly honest opinion, its worth the extra 25k over a loaded G37. Infinity however will always retain a sexier look...cant win'em all i suppose!

RF Overlord
09-22-2008, 07:15 AM
lol, you guys dogging the GTR. It IS the most technologically advanced vehicle out there in this world...Perhaps it is, but what good is all the James Bond stuff if the car is so ugly it's embarrassing to be seen in?

SID210SA
09-22-2008, 11:19 AM
I am prolly mistaken but I believe the chase car is an Acura NSX

ctrlraven
09-22-2008, 11:46 AM
This is only the GT-R model, wait till the GT-R V-spec model comes out.

gja
09-22-2008, 11:47 AM
I am prolly mistaken but I believe the chase car is an Acura NSX

The NSX, now THERE's a nice looking car. I would rather have a worked NSX than the GT-R.

Glenn
09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I saw my first GT-R on Saturday going to the NMCA Nationals at Commerce, GA. It was silver and looked very good, but it was much larger then I had thought. I tried to egg him to a little run at 80, but he declined. But, it is an impressive car. I guess the rear trunk SC emblem scared him off as he took a very close look at my MM from the rear and side - ! :banana:

Glenn :burnout:

ctrlraven
09-22-2008, 10:08 PM
I have a few friends with some high powered 03/04 Cobras and the GT-Rs they have come across were being driven at the speed limit by nerds and they just did not want to do anything even with a wide open road to play on.

I have already seen one broken down on the side of the road.

Anything thing I have learned is when these vehicles are hand built, the engine and transmission are coded to each other. So having to have the engine replace or transmission replaced requires the person bringing it back to the dealership. Have fun with that!

Marauderjack
09-23-2008, 03:58 AM
I have a friend that is the service manager at the Hilton Head's Key Nissan dealership and in order to get certified to sell the GT-R he and a tech had to go to a special school ($80K)!!!:eek:

They have ordered two.....no color choice and "Pre-sold" to rich "Hot Dogs" from Hilton Head.....so far no problems!!??:shake:

BTW, he said the little car is VERY quick!!:rolleyes:

Marauderjack:burnout:

UncleLar
09-23-2008, 06:12 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=655283#post65 5283

UncleLar
12-13-2009, 03:16 PM
I just love it when people making these vids try ot do the slow motion beauty shots on fugly cars like this. That thing looks hideous!

I love the stars on the windshield of the chase car, they rule! (j/k)

Oh and read the comments typical ricer like this:

WTF does that mean, "It's slow but it's smart while doing it and shows you graphs of how much you got your ass handed to you by a vette."

I'd probably be just a TINY BIT nicer if it wasn't $80k!!! A couple turbos, a big brake kit, "Dude your getting a Dell!" in the dashboard, and a body kit on a 350z is that really worth 80k?

http://www.gtrunderground.com/?q=node/40

offroadkarter
12-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I tried to egg him to a little run at 80, but he declined.

With good reason, if he would have raced you, nissan would have voided his warranty

Glockafella
12-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Awesome computer in that Nissan...But heres a good reason not to buy the Nissan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZ0PA9KlT4

Mr. Man
12-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Looks to much like a Mitsubishi Eclipise. If I were in the $80,000K or there abouts market I'd look at a '10 Mustang Super Snake. That car screams testosterone and with a bit of wedge me here and there I actually fit into it, no need for side bolstered seats:lol:

Phrog_gunner
12-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Looks to much like a Mitsubishi Eclipise. If I were in the $80,000K or there abouts market I'd look at a '10 Mustang Super Snake. That car screams testosterone and with a bit of wedge me here and there I actually fit into it, no need for side bolstered seats:lol:

And it has a real trunk to put your walker in, too.

Glockafella
12-13-2009, 04:26 PM
And it has a real trunk to put your walker in, too.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mr. Man
12-13-2009, 04:26 PM
An added plus I didn't think about;)

Phrog_gunner
12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm always here to help....

Mr. Man
12-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Glad to know Marines have nothing better to do than help old men and their memories. Now where's that cane I use to whack youngins' up side the head...

guspech750
12-13-2009, 09:00 PM
I just saw one a few days ago. Sorry. But the GTR does nothing for me. I like the old Skyline GT-R's. Those were really cool and bad ass!

DOOM
12-13-2009, 09:04 PM
If I were in the $80,000K or there abouts market I'd look at a '10 Mustang Super Snake. That car screams testosterone

Muffin man you just moved up a notch in my book! :up:

Rocknthehawk
12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
With good reason, if he would have raced you, nissan would have voided his warranty

Really?

I'm guessing you're talking about the vdc issues, which would have only been voided if he turned it off....there would be no reason to turn it off going 80+. Its used to launch the car. On the new models there is no switch to turn it off.

Maybe he didn't play around because he knew his $80,000 car was fast? or just didn't feel like it?

Mr. Man
12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Muffin man you just moved up a notch in my book! :up:

Didn't know I could go any higher than Numero uno:cool:

MrBluGruv
12-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I just saw one a few days ago. Sorry. But the GTR does nothing for me. I like the old Skyline GT-R's. Those were really cool and bad ass!

+1 to the (now) old school, R32 and R34 GT-Rs for the win. Truly the pinnacle of Japanese motoring engineering.

offroadkarter
12-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Really?

I'm guessing you're talking about the vdc issues, which would have only been voided if he turned it off....there would be no reason to turn it off going 80+. Its used to launch the car. On the new models there is no switch to turn it off.

the new models still have launch control, they just lowred it to 3000 rpm so people wont keep blowing up first gear....

Of course, after this whole debacle started, and nissan changed the rev limit, they came out and said "its only for getting your GT-R unstuck in snow"

How many people are going to drive a 80,000 dollar "supercar" in the friggin snow? Its as useless as the "sleet" switch position on ferraris...