PDA

View Full Version : Shermanator is racing in Michigan!

Pops
09-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Sherman will be in Southwest Michigan visiting his brother and would like to go to Test N Tune at Martin Michigans US 131 dragway. The gates open at 5 PM on Friday Septmember 26th. He is inviting any of us that would like to do some tome trail runs and grudge racing to come along. Lets meet up there and have some fun guys.:burnout:I will bring out the Thunderbolt that night. Post up if you can make it. This is a nice race track that is usually prepped well plus was completly renovated a few years ago. If you do not want to race come and hang out with us. They do sell beer at this track! See you there! :banana2:

SeattleMAG
09-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Oh man...I wish I was still in MI. Just moved to Seattle in Jan. Have fun!

gdmjoe
09-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Current issue (November 2008) of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, BLUE-OVAL DOMINION, page 162 ...

SHERMAN VINING had a heck of a sleeper for a True Street ride. His '03 Marauder looked stock, but thanks to a Trilogy blower kit that allowed him to drop an Eaton supercharger atop the Four-Valve mod motor, the Merc ripped off a pair of high-11 second laps to end up Seventh overall. According to Sherman, the 17 psi of boost the Eaton supplies has motivated his land yacht to a best elapsed time of 11.20 seconds.

http://www.geocities.com/gdmjoe/twothumbsup.gif

Pops
09-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Well we Made it to the track last night. Sherman was there with his family who have been been to the drag races. gdmjoe made it as well as Johncam a new member.
I went up against Sherman the first pass with the T Bolt and redlighted bad! .33 red and spun the tires hard, he cut an 08 lite and went 11.54. I needed a telescope to see him when he crossed the line! Second pass Sherman went 11.6 and the third was right around there. My best time was 13.62 at mph which is a gain of .23 over the T Bolts best run. Still spinning the tires but getting closer to figuring it out.

We all had a great time and Sherman did visit with all of us and spent a lot of tome with famoly. Turns out there was a big event this weekend so the it was hard to get runs in due to the amount of them guys clogging the lane.

Bluerauder
09-27-2008, 05:50 AM
I went up against Sherman the first pass with the T Bolt and redlighted bad! .33 red and spun the tires hard, he cut an 08 lite and went 11.54. I needed a telescope to see him when he crossed the line! Second pass Sherman went 11.6 and the third was right around there. My best time was 13.62 at mph which is a gain of .23 over the T Bolts best run. Still spinning the tires but getting closer to figuring it out.
Glad to see you young guys out having fun on a Friday night. When Sherm is on ... he is hard to beat ... his nickname should be "Mr. Consistency". Did Chris bring the Thunderbird S/C along for the trip?

Pops
09-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Chris stayed home on this trip. Sherman is visiting his brother.

merc
09-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Chris is in Ohio for a Super Coupe Event. Glad to see everyone had fun. Sherman like to explore new tracks. Hopefully he got some good practice for the Ford Fever Event in Maryland at the end of the month. :D I see Sherman's tags all the time but not from 20 cars away.

Pops
09-27-2008, 07:24 AM
I have a intake valve problem after the last run Merc. Have to pull the valve covers to see whats going on. You can hear it in the rear carb.

merc
09-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I have a intake valve problem after the last run Merc. Have to pull the valve covers to see whats going on. You can hear it in the rear carb.

I hope it just a minor adjustment. Don't you have solid lifters.

Pops
09-27-2008, 07:31 AM
I hope it just a minor adjustment. Don't you have solid lifters.

I do have solids. I will pull it apart next week to see. You can hear the valve real good thru the rear carb plus it has a miss. I launched it at 3k like Sherman wanted me to and it bogged a little and I think thats when it did it. I dont think it will be to hard to fix. :burnout:The car was working pretty good before that. I am getting better at shifting it now. Gotta work on the darn lights!

Shermanator
09-29-2008, 12:57 PM
thanks john for the good time in michigan. nice track and well stocked with snow mobile. love the thunderbolt. keep working on it and the tree, you'r not going to catch me with a .33? and i'm not going to lift for you. it was fun and it is great to have racer friends that actually run their cars. see you in atlanta, with or without the grand marquis.

Shermanator

Pops
09-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks Sherman! I broke the rocker shaft on both ends on the last run so Have more work to do.

John

TAKEDOWN
09-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Shermanator... You're my hero! Kiss, Kiss!