PDA

View Full Version : MV-6 St. Louis Flooding Not An Issue!

Yo Vic
09-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Folks have been asking about the 39' crest of the Mississippi.

It is still 9-10 feet short of the 1993 record and will not impact our plans at all but will provide an unusual view when we go to the Arch!

Safe travels, see all of you soon!:)

Yo Vic

lookatththotcar
09-16-2008, 03:07 PM
this messege is really cool

Pops
09-16-2008, 07:12 PM
The flooding may not be a problem in St louis but is on I80 and I94 east of Chicago! If you are going thru that area beware as the roads are closed! It took an extra two and a half hours to get to Blomington, Illinois due to the Interstes being shut down. Other than that a good trip. See you in St. Louis!

marauder307
09-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Time for somebody from STL to weigh in...

I don't know how many of you are from the STL area...so for those of you who are, my apologies. I'm gonna beat a dead horse for a minute.

The flooding---at least, in the part of STL where y'all sound like you're going---isn't an issue. The Arch grounds will probably be fine. If you really want to see flooding in action, drive south on I-55 down to the STL/Jefferson county line (aka the Meramec River) and look just off the interstate. Water's still plenty high down there; there's a general-purpose athletic field visible from the interstate that has spent most of the last 5 months underwater. It's become rather amusing to see the tops of the soccer goals just above the waterline.

Otherwise, not an issue. I'm being led to believe that your congregation will mostly be over in the St. Charles/Chesterfield area. Just drove over there yesterday; no water. Spirit of St Louis Airport/Chesterfield is dry as a bone.
I myself work right on the Missouri River; we're not sandbagging down here, unless you count our work ethic....then we're sandbagging like crazy. :rolleyes:

I wish I could come out to play; a Pontiac would be out of place, but the driver's mind is still Marauder-oriented. But I'm working third shift at my job through the weekend (Friday-Monday nights) and then sleepin' it off during the days, so I'm afraid no playin' for me.

Would that you guys had been here five years ago, when the Black Hulk was the terror of South County and my work schedule was lighter...:depress:

Perhaps the next time we have a STL meet, I'll have another Marauder.