PDA

View Full Version : Double DIN question

hzemall
09-16-2008, 08:36 PM
What kit do you use to actually mount the Double DINs you guys are using ? The cage for my Kenwood 8120 DD does not even come close to fitting unless I cut the whole dash up........same with the trim ring............

Is there a kit that mounts it in the dash itself then the main bezel goes over top of it (trimmed of course) ?

Got lots of pictures on here of them in the car but unless my new Kenwood is bigger then older DD's then I am missing something..............

Any tips would be appreciated.

magindat
09-17-2008, 05:13 AM
What kit do you use to actually mount the Double DINs you guys are using ? The cage for my Kenwood 8120 DD does not even come close to fitting unless I cut the whole dash up........same with the trim ring............

Is there a kit that mounts it in the dash itself then the main bezel goes over top of it (trimmed of course) ?

Got lots of pictures on here of them in the car but unless my new Kenwood is bigger then older DD's then I am missing something..............

Any tips would be appreciated.

The scoche kit should get it for you. May require trimming top and bottom lip in opening.

Pops
09-17-2008, 05:50 AM
The part number from Scoche is FD 1330.

hzemall
09-17-2008, 08:04 AM
What does the kit actually mount to in the car ? There aren't any holes or anything that I saw...............

Pops
09-17-2008, 11:30 AM
I think that there are some pictures here in this forum. Otherwise PM magindat. I am in St.Louis for Maraudeville for the rest of the week. You can also call the store and talk to Andy at 269 637 1994 and he can tell you. I know it comes with side brackets that bolt to it.

John

illwood
09-20-2008, 09:04 AM
What does the kit actually mount to in the car ? There aren't any holes or anything that I saw...............
If you trim the upper and lower lip on the opening in the dash, the Scosche kit has some U-channels in the sides that lock into the side tabs left in the opening. I carefully unsnapped the vents to get more access. I have pictures that may help in my thread.
AVIC-F90BT Install (DUB) (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46609)

Peace2Peep
09-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Great head-unit btw! I have last years model of that unit and I love it! 4volt pre-outs rock! What els are you planning to install for aufio? Does that one come with Bluetooth built-in or do you need an add-on? I know it comes with Nav built-in, I love Kenwood!

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-20-2008, 08:42 PM
I have a pioneer avic d1 and did not even use any mounting kits for it, it fits real nice and snug, although sometimes I feel I won't be able to pull it out when I want to mess with it.