PDA

View Full Version : MT ET Streets for Driving True Street Event?

Glenn
09-18-2008, 03:12 AM
Question for the Net: Are MT ET Streets (not Radials) OK for driving the 30 mile True Street event?? Just not sure if they are OK. Need some advice.

Glenn :burnout:

merc
09-18-2008, 04:58 AM
Yes they are, but inflate to the maximum psi (25-30). This applies to Fun Ford Events. I don't know what they will be calling the event next year.

KillJoy
09-18-2008, 05:47 AM
Keep the speeds <60mph. Otherwise... you will get "Drag Strip Wobble"!!!

:beer:

KillJoy

MarauderTJA
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Glen I drove with them to the track once. Like Killjoy stated above, if you keep the speed below 60 MPH it is OK. Going faster you will feel the rear of the car get a bit of wobble. I had the pressure at 26 pounds.

Vortech347
09-18-2008, 01:57 PM
You'll be fine. Put 30psi in them. Once you get past about 55 they'll feel "taller" and have alot more wabble to them. You think the ass of these cars feel big. My little fox with the ET streets feels like a marauder in winter.

You can drive over 60mph just fine. The response isn't as quick when you change langes, ect. I've done 155mph with mine. I had a quick grudgematch on the street with a 550hp import after we left the track one night on a VERY VERY straight road :P. They felt fine. They just get scary when you're slowing down.

Go very slowly around corners, they have next to nothing for sidewalls.

MarauderTJA
09-18-2008, 02:50 PM
You'll be fine. Put 30psi in them. Once you get past about 55 they'll feel "taller" and have alot more wabble to them. You think the ass of these cars feel big. My little fox with the ET streets feels like a marauder in winter.

You can drive over 60mph just fine. The response isn't as quick when you change langes, ect. I've done 155mph with mine. I had a quick grudgematch on the street with a 550hp import after we left the track one night on a VERY VERY straight road :P. They felt fine. They just get scary when you're slowing down.

Go very slowly around corners, they have next to nothing for sidewalls.

Was the above in a Mustang or in a Marauder? Serious weight differnce from a Fox body to a Marauder.

Vortech347
09-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Mustang...

My Marauder couldn't even do a burnout on slicks.

The way slicks act will be the same...

Glenn
09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks, good information fellows. The event is the NMCA Nationals at Commerce this weekend.

CRUZTAKER
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
I agree with everyone here...but...

The last two true streets I did we hit some nice speeds on the road trip.
What really matters in true street is what comes afterward.

Consistant dial in during the runs.

If your car is consistant once warm regardless of trap speeds and personal records...it may be more convienent running tires that are also consistant.

Being fast doesn't win this event.

Vortech347
09-20-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm so jealous you guys get to do these events or watch them. We have NOTHING like that in Utah.

Glenn
09-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Just a quick note on the NMCA Nationals, I'll be posting a thread later tonight with video, ET Streets ran great on the True Street 30 miles cruise. Disappointing runs, the engine is breaking up between 2nd and 3rd gear, perhaps a bad plug will not know until I get it home today. Only ran a 12.2 with a 1.69 60' time should have been a high 11.9 run. Attendance was way down this year. Will post more later.

merc
09-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Just a quick note on the NMCA Nationals, I'll be posting a thread later tonight with video, ET Streets ran great on the True Street 30 miles cruise. Disappointing runs, the engine is breaking up between 2nd and 3rd gear, perhaps a bad plug will not know until I get it home today. Only ran a 12.2 with a 1.69 60' time should have been a high 11.9 run. Attendance was way down this year. Will post more later.

Attendance has been a major problem in most racing events. Hope you figure out the 2-3 issue. Can't wait to see the video's and pictures.