PDA

View Full Version : Question about Trans functions

RR|Suki
09-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Ok I'm using Sniper software to tune my car, I added long tubes and some other stuff the issue is unless I reel my shift points WAY back I'll hit the stock limiter, which I want to get rid of anyway. So what I did was I turned off the rev limit just as a test to see what would happen... bam right at 6250 it still cuts... anyone have a clue on what's up with this? Is there another function in the Sniper software in the trans section that deals with some sort of rev limit? I would be willing to think something else is wrong, but scangauge reads the max RPM as 6250 exactly what the stock cut off is... too much of a coincidence... any help would be great :mad2:

on a good note I did do 108MPH in the 1/4 on a part throttle run to see if it would shift fine out of full throttle

RR|Suki
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
:banana::banana::banana2:

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2008, 02:01 PM
by the bannannas i take it you figured it out? lol

RR|Suki
09-18-2008, 02:05 PM
by the bannannas i take it you figured it out? lol

no not at all :lol:

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2008, 07:53 PM
haha sorry i know nothing of tuning,

Marauderjack
09-19-2008, 04:20 AM
My experience with peak RPM reading with the ScanGauge II is that it is hardly ever accurate!!

My 1-2 shift point is 6000 RPM's and rev limit is 6700 RPM's.....I was hitting the limiter 8 out of 10 times and it really bugged me!!!:argue::mad2:

Scott Beer told me that the EEC in the Marauder was lacking in the ability to react fast at the 1-2 shift and quite often it would miss the shift point due to only a single input......RPM or speed but not both is what I recall??:confused:

He worked his "Magic" and somehow incorporated both by eliminating something else (I think) and for over 6 months now it shifts between 6000 and 6250 RPM's but has not hit the limiter once!!!:bows::beer:

It may be worth contacting him and see what he has to say on the subject??:cool:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Mike
09-19-2008, 04:26 AM
Ok I'm using Sniper software to tune my car, I added long tubes and some other stuff the issue is unless I reel my shift points WAY back I'll hit the stock limiter, which I want to get rid of anyway. So what I did was I turned off the rev limit just as a test to see what would happen... bam right at 6250 it still cuts... anyone have a clue on what's up with this? Is there another function in the Sniper software in the trans section that deals with some sort of rev limit? I would be willing to think something else is wrong, but scangauge reads the max RPM as 6250 exactly what the stock cut off is... too much of a coincidence... any help would be great :mad2:

on a good note I did do 108MPH in the 1/4 on a part throttle run to see if it would shift fine out of full throttle

Call/pm Zack :confused:

RR|Suki
09-19-2008, 07:42 AM
My experience with peak RPM reading with the ScanGauge II is that it is hardly ever accurate!!

My 1-2 shift point is 6000 RPM's and rev limit is 6700 RPM's.....I was hitting the limiter 8 out of 10 times and it really bugged me!!!:argue::mad2:

Scott Beer told me that the EEC in the Marauder was lacking in the ability to react fast at the 1-2 shift and quite often it would miss the shift point due to only a single input......RPM or speed but not both is what I recall??:confused:

He worked his "Magic" and somehow incorporated both by eliminating something else (I think) and for over 6 months now it shifts between 6000 and 6250 RPM's but has not hit the limiter once!!!:bows::beer:

It may be worth contacting him and see what he has to say on the subject??:cool:

Marauderjack:burnout:

This is exactly what is happening to me :flamer:

red
09-19-2008, 09:54 PM
As suggested above, there are two mechanisms for controlling shifts: MPH-based shift schedule in which you define shifts as MPH vs throttle position and WOT RPM shift points. There will always be lag between commanded and actual shift point and the amount depends on several variables (some adjustable). I couldn't tell you why you're still hitting the rev limiter despite it being disabled, but it may be valuable to determine how much of a delay there is between commanded and actual shift in each gear, then define your limiter, shift points, and schedule accordingly.

FordNut
09-20-2008, 05:23 AM
As suggested above, there are two mechanisms for controlling shifts: MPH-based shift schedule in which you define shifts as MPH vs throttle position and WOT RPM shift points. There will always be lag between commanded and actual shift point and the amount depends on several variables (some adjustable). I couldn't tell you why you're still hitting the rev limiter despite it being disabled, but it may be valuable to determine how much of a delay there is between commanded and actual shift in each gear, then define your limiter, shift points, and schedule accordingly.

Once I experienced an issue where I changed the WOT shift schedule but the car didn't behave the way I thought the tune commanded. Then I tried changing both the WOT shift schedule AND the MPH vs TPS shift schedule. The car then shifted when I expected it to. Since that experience, I always change both parameters so they agree.

RR|Suki
09-20-2008, 06:46 AM
gonna mess with it today... we'll see what happens :bandit: