PDA

View Full Version : Updates from MV6 in St. Louis, MO

Bluerauder
09-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Looking forward to the updates from Marauderville 6 in St. Louis, MO and some pics. The gang must be having a terrific time. Post up the fun so we can share in the festivities. :up:

Bluerauder
09-19-2008, 04:47 PM
:bump:7890

Blk Mamba
09-19-2008, 04:53 PM
They're having so much fun they can't slow down for a moment with us.

jimlam56
09-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Looking forward to the updates from Marauderville 6 in St. Louis, MO and some pics. The gang must be having a terrific time. Post up the fun so we can share in the festivities. :up:

Just remembering MVIV Charlie; I didn't look at a computer for 4 days while we were attending (and orchestrating) the event.
Wish I was in St Louis right now...

RoyLPita
09-19-2008, 05:14 PM
I remember MV4. I couldn't get a wireless signal in that part of Orlando. Neither could DR.

Ken
09-19-2008, 05:57 PM
We'll post up after MV6, just not a lot of time now. I'm just taking a breather while getting ready to leave for dinner. Suffice it to say, we have had a great time, great weather, met a lot of new (not new to .net, just new friends to me) members. We've even been too tired to play more than one small game of LCR during the last two nights. More later.

Ken

whd507
09-19-2008, 07:10 PM
its been great, and we have taken a lot of pics, but I didnt bring a cable for the camera.

I imagine there will be tons of pics. we took a group shot today with 15 or so at the site of the 1904 worlds fair. pretty sweet.

marauder307
09-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Duplicate post from other thread.

Time for somebody from STL to weigh in...

I don't know how many of you are from the STL area...so for those of you who are, my apologies. I'm gonna beat a dead horse for a minute.

The flooding---at least, in the part of STL where y'all sound like you're going---isn't an issue. The Arch grounds will probably be fine. If you really want to see flooding in action, drive south on I-55 down to the STL/Jefferson county line (aka the Meramec River) and look just off the interstate. Water's still plenty high down there; there's a general-purpose athletic field visible from the interstate that has spent most of the last 5 months underwater. It's become rather amusing to see the tops of the soccer goals just above the waterline.

Otherwise, not an issue. I'm being led to believe that your congregation will mostly be over in the St. Charles/Chesterfield area. Just drove over there yesterday; no water. Spirit of St Louis Airport/Chesterfield is dry as a bone.
I myself work right on the Missouri River; we're not sandbagging down here, unless you count our work ethic....then we're sandbagging like crazy.

I wish I could come out to play; a Pontiac would be out of place, but the driver's mind is still Marauder-oriented. But I'm working third shift at my job through the weekend (Friday-Monday nights) and then sleepin' it off during the days, so I'm afraid no playin' for me.

Would that you guys had been here five years ago, when the Black Hulk was the terror of South County and my work schedule was lighter...

Perhaps the next time we have a STL meet, I'll have another Marauder.

whd507
09-20-2008, 04:04 PM
we just got out from the A-B tour and tasting, there was a DUI checkpoint at the gates, and several were detained... just kidding... sorta

we were out at fast cars this morning for a quick show, and to gawk at the classics for sale.

off to dinner, we are having a great time

jimlam56
09-20-2008, 07:23 PM
I remember MV4. I couldn't get a wireless signal in that part of Orlando. Neither could DR.
The hotel didn't have DSL, not that I cared. I was too busy. Attendees: Just have fun in St Louis, and take lots of pics!

SC Cheesehead
09-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Getting packed up and ready to pull out this morning. Can you believe it, left the $%#@*!!! camera at home.:mad2: Oh well, lotsa pics taken by others that I can download.

Great time, some special stuff as well. Make sure you ask John Kuhn about his ride in the Chrysler turbine car (BTW, rumor has it that Zack had his tape measure out, and was asking about sources for used turbines.;))

Lotsa good stuff, we had a great time. Thanks to the STL bunch for hosting us!

Yo Vic
09-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Photos from MV6!

http://picasaweb.google.com/yovichow...57394871205298 (http://picasaweb.google.com/yovichowudoin/MV6#5248457394871205298)

Yo Vic
09-21-2008, 10:09 AM
MV6 Photos taken from Bunny! And I thought I took a lot of photos LOL

http://picasaweb.google.com/yovichowudoin/Bunny#

Video editing in-work.......

1stMerc
09-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Why we love kids. Taken at the Zoo Friday.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=14334

You have to save to disk

marauder307
09-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I feel rather bad, not being able to get out and finally meet all these people that I've (infrequently) corresponded with over the years. But my job schedule just wouldn't leave room for it, and I got bills to pay and a wife/baby to feed...

I want to extend a special thanks to YoVic for the pictures; it looks like you guys had a great time here, despite the so-so weather (I've often said that good weather in STL is like sex in the champagne room---ya hear a lot about it, but when ya go there, you never actually get any). The folks at Fastlane Autos must have been overjoyed to see you; their own attempts at a carshow this year got rained out on the first try, and the second attempt came off kinda lukewarm. That place is a favorite hangout of mine; I don't get to get up there nearly as often as I'd like (Arnold's a long way south from St. Charles).

I must confess though...seeing the pics does leave me kinda sad. Y'know, if I'd kept the Black Hulk, I'd have paid him off this year...I hope the Hawaiian that bought him is treating him well. I do so miss that car. :depress: My Grand Prix GXP is proving itself to be a worthy substitute though; not as big, but the same amount of power, and highly agile when driven with a firm hand.

I wish all of you that are having to travel long distances home a safe ride. :cool4:

MM03MOK
09-21-2008, 07:07 PM
I wish you could have attended, Baker....so close....