PDA

View Full Version : Naake vs Stock w/cut springs

94_302
09-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Has anyone had experience with both and can talk about each as far as likes and dislikes?

Also installation which is easier?

LVMarauder
09-20-2008, 07:13 PM
The Naake spring and shock setup is the best. Adjustable , great spring rate. If you are going to actually attempt to throw a marauder around a course Naake's are your best bet, along with sway bars , up and lo CA's and fat tires.

FordNut
09-20-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm going with a custom setup: Naake shocks and stock OEM uncut springs. I'm happy with the spring rate of the stock springs but with the additional weight I've added it squats too much in the front. The Naake fronts have adjusment for both shocks and springs, so I can get everything I want that way.

94_302
09-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Going by Fordparts.com 2 Shocks, 2 springs, and 2 insulators is a little over $480 shipped. Then I have to factor in the cost of cutting the springs. The base naake kit is about $580, I'm guessing with shipping it will be a little over $600.

So I'm guessing a little over $500 for the stock setup w/ cut springs and a little over $600 for the naake.

I don't auto-x or anything the car is a daily driver but I'd like it to sit a little lower in the front and maybe handle a little better for the spirited driving on some roads here and there.

With the springs for either setup being shorter than stock will I still need to compress the spring on install. If so I think I'd rather take it to a shop to install.

BUCKWHEAT
09-21-2008, 08:58 AM
I traded out the cut springs for the single adj Naakes at about 50k miles. I got a firmer ride, but adjustable. More significantly, I got more rear space to clear the 305 Nitto DRs which had been rubbing on the stock shocks. Nose is the same distance off the ground after Naakes as before (with 3/4 coil cut).