PDA

View Full Version : A Big "Tango Yankee"

Vortex
09-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Just wanted to issue a big "Tango Yankee" (thank-you) to the organizers of this year's Marauderville. I especially want to mention the work done by Vic, Wayman and Mary putting all this together and all the other stuff, (like leading us to the venues in a city most of us were unfamiliar with to start). I had a nice time, the hotel was clean, cheap, had a good free brekkie, free drinks in the afternoon, had good water pressure and I couldnt have asked for more. I really think they deserve a good look when we plan future events. As for the city, we had plenty to see and do and the biggest suprise for me was seeing all those Superbirds and Daytonas at the museum! Of course, as with every Marauderville, the best part is just us being together BS-ing about our cars, putting faces and real names to our screen names here on the site and getting to know each other. I will be looking to attend more Maraudervilles in the future and hope we can get even more attendees next time! Jim Moseley

Pat
09-22-2008, 08:43 PM
^^^ditto^^^

Patricia and I had a great Marauder time. Got to visit with my oldest and his wife in O'fallon. We thank YoVic and team for a great Marauderville 6 and hope to do it again next year. Maybe Gatlinburg.

Cheers,

SID210SA
09-23-2008, 09:22 AM
I too had a great time....glad to get to see some old faces as well as the ones I have never met....it was too short and hated to leave....I am glad for the Marauders comfort....that 14 and a half hour drive back wasnt so bad!!

SC Cheesehead
09-23-2008, 09:56 AM
+3

Had a great time. Among others, I got a chance to meet Vortex and it was very affirming to meet another ;) "little guy" ;) Marauder owner.

Like Jim, I enjoyed all the activities, but would have really enjoyed an "extended" time at A-B and the opportunity to sample a couple more 'Bevos'.:beer:

Yo Vic
09-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Thanks Vortex for the nice comments about the St. Louis team/Mary and the meet. My first MM meet (ever), my first car show being entered (ever) and first time seeing more than 4 Marauders in one place. Wow. What a sight.

It was great seeing the things owners were doing to their cars. Even better meeting the owners and talking shop or just about what they do and where they lived.

The weather couldn't have been any better. Same for the food. Then the thrill of being in a 20 car convoy!

Made new friends and contacts especially for when my '04 is overhauled for a 2nd life (totally stock this go around at the moment).

I am a course track enthusiast first (love Formula One). So anyone wanting to discuss setup to make an optimal road car, please contact me. In fact I may start a thread specifically for that topic.

Cheers for now,
Yo Vic

whd507
09-26-2008, 05:30 PM
my boys had a great time, Sheryl and I had a great time, we will be back for another one for sure. the boys want to adopt knine, but I explained that we had enough trouble house training the knines we already have....

it was a blast, not to be soon forgotten.

kudos to all, it was great