PDA

View Full Version : A picture is worth...

TooManyFords
09-26-2008, 11:11 AM
http://www.cvmusclecars.com/picture.php?albumid=7&pictureid=209

Pops
09-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Very interesting John!

TooManyFords
09-26-2008, 11:17 AM
I fixed the "tranny falling out of gear" problem. LOL!

TooManyFords
09-26-2008, 11:19 AM
more...

http://www.cvmusclecars.com/album.php?albumid=7

Zack
09-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Looks awesome John :up:

BAD MERC
09-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Worth what......

Kinda on the fence over this one.

freakstatus
09-26-2008, 12:21 PM
It reminds me a little of Slayers Top Gun mod....

ImpalaSlayer
09-26-2008, 12:42 PM
It reminds me a little of Slayers Top Gun mod....

ok i see how it is. if im ever behind you in my car ill make sure to fire the missles behind the headlights at you. :P

KillJoy
09-26-2008, 01:42 PM
It certainly looks out of place. But.... not more so than the blower :D

BTW - Nice Head Unt install!

:beer:

KillJoy

TiTo35
09-26-2008, 01:44 PM
I remember when someone else put that in their car...you guys had his head on a stick :dunno:

But if the car has an extra space for another radio...it fits in perfect :up:

KillJoy
09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
I remember when someone else put that in their car...you guys had his head on a stick :dunno:

No... he put a big ass Stick from a Jet in it (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40503&highlight=fighter).....

:up:

KillJoy

freakstatus
09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
ok i see how it is. if im ever behind you in my car ill make sure to fire the missles behind the headlights at you. :P

LOL...You won't be able to get the angle on me, you'll have to switch to guns!:D

merc
09-26-2008, 05:11 PM
You Son of a Gun. That's a TH400, it also looks like you have a overdrive module. That's exactly the key to transmitting big HP to the rear. :bows: Wow, you spent a pretty penny on that project. Please keep us posted on the results. I remember someone saying the TH400 requires more power to spin then the 4R70W. Who's convertor did you go with? What's the spline count of the big ole output shaft?

ImpalaSlayer
09-27-2008, 07:17 AM
LOL...You won't be able to get the angle on me, you'll have to switch to guns!:D

thats ok, there a pair or 50's behind the fogs. lol

ImpalaSlayer
09-27-2008, 07:19 AM
ok i a question abnout the shifter. how do you know what gear your in. i dont see an indicator? :dunno: i know nothing about this trans so forgive me. also, why 2 radios?

justbob
09-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Looks like a very fun car! But unfortionately this kind of fun requires a certain level of hacking to make things fit. It would be nice to see that dash reassembled somehow and retain your guages also some fitment with the shifter, Maybe atleast a boot and trim ring. Still say thats looks fun though.

TooManyFords
09-27-2008, 02:27 PM
ok i a question abnout the shifter. how do you know what gear your in. i dont see an indicator? :dunno: i know nothing about this trans so forgive me. also, why 2 radios?

The TH400 is a reverse-pattern manual valve body. You can't move the shifter without knowing what gear you are in because you either have to squeeze the lever and pull or you are already in third. Can't hit neutral without lifting the neutral lock-out (NHRA required). The only shift that is non assisted is 1st->2nd by pulling it back hard.

That is an Alpine RUX-C701 controller for the PXA-H701 Multimedia Manager in the trunk. It's pretty trick and controls the pair of amps in the trunk and all of the crossovers. It is fed by an SPDIF optical output from the CarPC in the trunk that has all my MP3s and movies etc. There is a 7" Lilliput transflective touch screen where the radio was that has a VGA and USB cable to the CarPC. The BigStuff3 computer is also tied into the CarPC so I can change the tune on the motor "on the fly" from the touch screen.

TooManyFords
09-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Looks like a very fun car! But unfortionately this kind of fun requires a certain level of hacking to make things fit. It would be nice to see that dash reassembled somehow and retain your guages also some fitment with the shifter, Maybe atleast a boot and trim ring. Still say thats looks fun though.

This is only a mock-up while it gets bolted down and hooked up to the trans. The gauge pod still fits in front of it and it will have a nice leather boot around it when finished. The shifter is in the Park position in the photo.

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-27-2008, 02:44 PM
I find more interest in the alpine deck in the center of the dash and the screen up top, :eek:

Also, are you done with the custom gauges? Any pics?

Blackmobile
09-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Are you going to just serve peanuts or pretzels during the in flight movie?

:up:Way to go:up:

KillJoy
09-27-2008, 03:14 PM
The BigStuff3 computer is also tied into the CarPC so I can change the tune on the motor "on the fly" from the touch screen.

God I wish that was doable on our ECMs!

:up:

KillJoy

red
09-27-2008, 03:42 PM
The BigStuff3 computer is also tied into the CarPC so I can change the tune on the motor "on the fly" from the touch screen.
Very nice. Can you provide more details? (Obviously, I'm not running a BigStuff3 setup.)

TAKEDOWN
09-27-2008, 07:21 PM
You're one sick puppy, you definitely don't mess around!

TooManyFords
09-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Very nice. Can you provide more details? (Obviously, I'm not running a BigStuff3 setup.)

The BS3 uses PC software to tune it and it allows real-time changes to all the tables while you are driving. When I get the car back next week, I'll get a friend to video the display while driving, A video is worth a thousand words.

red
09-28-2008, 11:24 AM
The BS3 uses PC software to tune it and it allows real-time changes to all the tables while you are driving. When I get the car back next week, I'll get a friend to video the display while driving, A video is worth a thousand words.
Great! :cool: