PDA

View Full Version : Selling off my guitar collection

UncleLar
09-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Due to ongoing health issues and incoming bills I'm selling off my guitar collection.
I have about 20 NICE electric guitars,Hamer's,Epiphone's,and Ibanez's in very good to like new condition and most include like new hard cases. I also have 1 Fender accoustic like new with a hard case in like new condition.
Prices range from $150 to $550.
Dom was here last week and can vouch for the condition as he saw a lot of them.
I prefer to sell locally as they would have to be professionally packed for shipping and I'm not sure if anyone would want to pay the extra cost.If so shipping and packing charges would be actual cost.
Most of the Epiphone's are thinline hollow body twin pick up's with twin F Holes,but I do have a couple of solid body electrics. Some are special edition's made in limited quantities and are out of production.
All of the Ibanez guitars are also.
I'm having computer problems at the moment and won't have them ironed out until tomorrow night so it will be take me a while to answer pm's.
Please pm me if you're interested and I can provide you with a list and from there I can provide serious inquiries with pics.

Local Boy
09-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Wishing you ALL the best, Brutha...

Good Luck with the sale...

ALOHA

TAKEDOWN
09-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Uncle Lar you alright?

UncleLar
09-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Drew,I'm sorry to hear your friend didn't make it,my condolences to all his friends and family.
The heart problem has worsened some since last Sunday.I'm going back to my doctor and the cardiologist on Thursday for more test's,etc.Right now I'm pretty bummed out with that and all the hospital & doctor bills coming due after the insurance has paid their share.There's no telling when or if I can return to work and all I've got is a meager $175 a week disability coming in to try to cover things.I'm hoping I don't have to get rid of the MM so I'm scrambling to sell off everything I've got sitting around.

TAKEDOWN
09-30-2008, 11:13 AM
$175.00 are you F***ing kidding me! That's F***ing Bull**** arrrgghhh!!! If there's anything I can do let me know, you got my number. My kid was interested in attempting to learn/play the guitar, maybe Dom could pick an electric one out of the bunch, I'm pretty clueless on stuff like this. I'll purchase one, let me know how much?

Dragcity
09-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear of your medical concerns. All the best to you and yours. Stay positive now.

justbob
09-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Unclelar i'm sorry to hear this, you looked real good last week. I know what you are talking about with the bills, i'm sure your union is structured close to mine as for insurance. Last winter my wife took 26 weeks off for surgery and a all out chemo induced war on her cancer. And now the bills are coming full steam and were still hurting from her time off. My familly and I wish you the best.

TAKEDOWN
09-30-2008, 06:43 PM
If I were rich I'd pay for all your medical woe! I'm in for a guitar, Kaimana wants to give it try. I'll probably be going with your advice and Dom's on which guitar to get for a 7 year old. Jeeez, 7 years old already!

UncleLar
09-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Don't blink brother cause he'll be 16 before you know it,believe me. Spend every minute with him that you can cause before you know it he'll be grown up and out the door.
You don't want to be the father in the Harry Chapin song Cat's in the Cradle.

Mike
09-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Don't blink brother cause he'll be 16 before you know it,believe me. Spend every minute with him that you can cause before you know it he'll be grown up and out the door.

I agree with you 100%. Mine are 12 & 15 living w/their mother and I miss the ***** out of them when I don't have them :o BTW......I love that song, sad, but one of my favorites :banana: Best of luck w/your health issues :beer:

Motorhead350
10-01-2008, 12:41 AM

I hate that song! My dad was playing it in his car since I was like six years old. I even quoted it today to him because I like to spend time with my family, but I can't find the time anymore!!!! Grrrrrrr why did you have to bring up that song??? I think I need to listen to Don't Play That Song by Ben E. King now!

Andrew, Larry has a nice collection of guitars and like he said I was there a few weeks ago with my friend from another band. We checked out his stuff for hours and a lot still have the factory stickers on them. Good stuff. Let me know if I can help.

jonroe
10-01-2008, 05:13 AM
Larry,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I hope things start turning up. Is it possible for you to list any of the Epiphone models? Thanks.

jon

UncleLar
10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the good thoughts guys!
Here's a list of the Epiphone's....None of which are 2nds,blems,or marked USED,they are first rate factory issued Epi's,not refurbs.
All have been played very little due to a surgery I had that left me with nerve damage in my right hand so you won't find any wear on any of them.
These first 2 are so darn pretty and nice playing they'll hurt like heck to sell,but they've got to go.

1.Epiphone Wildkat Limited Edition,Transparent White with Gold Hardware and a Bigsby Tremolo,in As New condition with the plastic still on the pick ups and pick guard in an as new Epiphone hardshell case. This guitar is long out of production.
$550 and worth every penny.

2.Epiphone SG Custom,also a limited edition I believe, It has 3 pick ups as opposed to the 2 normally found on SG's,it is finished in Antique Ivory with Gold Hardware,some of the protective plastic is still on it and comes with a nice Road Runner padded gig bag. $525 and well worth it. Just ask Dom,he saw it and played it a little,after I warned him he'd die if he dinged it. $525.

3.Les Paul Special II,Wine Red with Black hardware,as new,still has all the protective plastic on it and includes a Road Runner padded gig bag. $130 SOLD!

4. Epiphone Dot Deluxe Flame,as new,Wine Red with Gold hardware and all the protective plastic still on it and comes with an as new Epiphone hardshell case.
$350 for a fellow member. SOLD

5. Epiphone Dot,as new,Natural finish,as new,comes with a like new SKB hard case.
$300 to a fellow member. SOLD

6.Epiphone Accoustic,PR 150,Natural finish with a Road Runner padded gig bag. $125. SOLD
Also SOLD was one of the two Hamer SATF's.The nicer of the two remains and is a scarce Purple color for $300
I also have 3 Ibanez electric guitar,twin pick up,twin f hole thin line hollow body's with hard cases,and a couple of Hamer SATF arch top solid body electrics with hard cases.
If you're seriously interested pm me with your email address and I'll send pics ,but believe me,any pics I can take of the first two guitars will NOT do them justice.
I don't have any junk and I believe if you buy any of these guitars you'll be very happy with it. Thanks,Uncle Lar

TAKEDOWN
10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Dom suggested a guitar for the kid, could you ask him which one. If you could put it on the side for me, pm me an addr. & picture I'll send ya a check, and I'll pick it up when I get a chance, really busy this week, I know you need the cash now.

UncleLar
10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
takedown,
Did your son like his "new" guitar?
It was good to see you yesterday,too bad you couldn't hang out a while.

TAKEDOWN
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Oh yeah! He was pretty excited, saying oooo that's cool Daddy, that's a nice one! All I gotta do now is seduce Dom to the house to give the kid a couple guitar lessons! Sorry I couldn't stay, business picked up! Before returning to my stomping grounds I did visit Dom & Bob for a couple minutes too. Good seeing you UncleLar, glad to know you got your rhythm back, I know you still got more recovery time to go! Take care yourself I'll see ya soon!

justbob
10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
He caught us looking at a chevy:eek: A certain 65 model:eek:

Motorhead350
10-06-2008, 12:31 AM
He caught us looking at a chevy:eek: A certain 65 model:eek:

Just needs a weekend of work.

Andrew let me know when you want me over and I'll teach him!

Seduce, haha that's great.

jonroe
10-06-2008, 04:49 AM
1.Epiphone Wildkat Limited Edition,Transparent White with Gold Hardware and a Bigsby Tremolo,in As New condition with the plastic still on the pick ups and pick guard in an as new Epiphone hardshell case. This guitar is long out of production.

2.Epiphone SGCustom,also a limited edition I believe, It has 3 pick ups as opposed to the 2 normally found on SG's,it is finished in Antique Ivory with Gold Hardware,some of the protective plastic is still on it and comes with a nice Road Runner padded gig bag. $525 and well worth it. Just ask Dom,he saw it and played it a little,after I warned him he'd die if he dinged it. $525.

3.Les Paul Special II,Wine Red with Black hardware,as new,still has all the protective plastic on it and includes a Road Runner padded gig bag. $130

4. Epiphone Dot Deluxe Flame,as new,Wine Red with Gold hardware and all the protective plastic still on it and comes with an as new Epiphone hardshell case.
$350 for a fellow member.

5. Epiphone Dot,as new,Natural finish,as new,comes with a like new SKB hard case.
$300 to a fellow member.

6.Epiphone Accoustic,PR 150,Natural finish with a Road Runner padded gig bag. $125.

UncleLar, thanks for the list of Epis. There are none here I am looking for but I wish you good luck on finding new homes for them. Jon

TAKEDOWN
10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Just needs a weekend of work.

Andrew let me know when you want me over and I'll teach him!

Seduce, haha that's great.

Dom... I can get some powerful water jets to convince you! :lol: Saturdays? Sundays? He's got karate classes on Mon, Wed, Fri. Let me know he's been asking, I told him to wait till daddy gets some water jets for Dom!!!

Motorhead350
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Dom... I can get some powerful water jets to convince you! :lol: Saturdays? Sundays? He's got karate classes on Mon, Wed, Fri. Let me know he's been asking, I told him to wait till daddy gets some water jets for Dom!!!

If I could get my g/f to be as open as you then we really have something going on! Call me and we'll work it out, I think one hour at a time a lession would be good and I'll drive over there myself. PM me what songs he wants to learn. I have a few that would be great for beginers, but I want to know what he wants to do first.

TAKEDOWN
10-07-2008, 08:33 AM
If I could get my g/f to be as open as you then we really have something going on! Call me and we'll work it out, I think one hour at a time a lession would be good and I'll drive over there myself. PM me what songs he wants to learn. I have a few that would be great for beginers, but I want to know what he wants to do first.

1 hr sounds like a plan, we'll get it together... Thanks Dom!

TAKEDOWN
10-08-2008, 07:02 PM
BTW... Dom! He asked again today.

Motorhead350
10-09-2008, 01:32 AM
BTW... Dom! He asked again today.

Call me back. I left you a message! :P

UncleLar
10-27-2008, 08:02 AM
The guitars listed are still available.
$500 and worth every penny. This was my "Pimp Daddy " guitar.When I bought it I liked it so much I was afraid something might happen to it someday so I bought a second brand new one.I sold this one locally but still have the brand new one in the box and it's never been taken out of the box or even had the wrapping removed. If you want an extremely pretty guitar this one is it,just ask Dom.i know if I hang onto it in the box it will start gaining collector value very soon.

2.Epiphone SG 400 Custom,also a limited edition I believe, It has 3 pick ups as opposed to the 2 normally found on SG's,it is finished in Antique Ivory with Gold Hardware,some of the protective plastic is still on it and comes with a nice Road Runner padded gig bag. $500 and well worth it. Just ask Dom,he saw it and played it a little,after I warned him he'd die if he dinged it. $500.

3.Les Paul Special II,Wine Red with Black hardware,as new,still has all the protective plastic on it and includes a Road Runner padded gig bag. $130 SOLD!

6.Epiphone Accoustic,PR 150,Natural finish with a Road Runner padded gig bag. $125. SOLD
For pics im me with your email address. Thanks for looking

TJCOX
10-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Hope you're feeling better UncleLar!
My father use to play the guitar and I enjoyed listening to him. He once
had a steel guitar and traded it for a sump pump for his basement..
Priorities I guess!
Wishing you well!
Tom

UncleLar
11-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks Tom,I am feeling better.The doctors say I can probably return to work soon although there are certain conditions & restrictions I'm going to have to follow and live with,but I can't complain. I'm just paying a bit more now for the adventures of my earlier years,but like that saying,"Man,what a ride"!
I can understand where your father's priorities were,I sold a couple of nice Harley's along the way for pretty good reasons and although I might miss them I don't regret my decisions to sell them.
If you can,go spend some time with your father doing something you enjoy doing together,life IS too short so do it while you can.

TJCOX
11-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Glad that you are doing better! May I ask where you work?
As far as my dad, he passed away in 1985 and I also got so spend as much time as possible with him, when he retired from Link Belt in 73....My parents raised 6 of us and dad spent most of his time working as a chain assembler at L.B. Mom passed away before him in 83.....Life goes on.....Take care and good to hear from you.
Tom

UncleLar
11-01-2008, 08:53 PM
takedown,show this video to your son,this kid can play!
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1756378

TAKEDOWN
11-01-2008, 09:07 PM
COOL! Dom stopped by and Kaimana had his second guitar lesson today. One day hopefully he'll play like that! Better yet, he becomes a rock star and buys daddy whatever he wants LOL!

TAKEDOWN
11-01-2008, 09:48 PM
UncleLar before I forget, Dom has your amp, I requested that he return the amp in my place, since he's a lot closer to ya... THANKS for letting us use it.

UncleLar
11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
No problem,you're quite welcome.That darn whammy bar is still on order,I'll let you know when I get it.

UncleLar
01-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Time for a bump.

UncleLar
03-31-2009, 08:27 PM
I still have several nice guitars I need to sell.

Mike
04-01-2009, 06:10 AM
takedown,show this video to your son,this kid can play!
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1756378

Unbelievable....looks like that kid has a natural talent and done so effortlessly!!

UncleLar
04-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Update
Thanks for the good thoughts guys!
Here's a list of the Epiphone's....None of which are 2nds,blems,or marked USED,they are first rate factory issued Epi's,not refurbs.
All have been played very little due to a surgery I had that left me with nerve damage in my right hand so you won't find any wear on any of them.
Dom,Motorhead 350 can vouch for the condition of these guitars.
If any of our fellow mm.net members who bought one of these from me would care to comment on the condition of the guitar or how the transaction was handles I'd welcome your comment and or criticism. I try to treat people as I'd like to be treated.
These first 2 are so darn pretty and nice playing they'll hurt like heck to sell,but they've got to go.

This one was sold,BUT I liked it so much I ordered a second one identical to it and have it available brand new in the original box untouched !

2.Epiphone SG Custom,also a limited edition I believe, It has 3 pick ups as opposed to the 2 normally found on SG's,it is finished in Antique Ivory with Gold Hardware,some of the protective plastic is still on it and comes with a nice Road Runner padded gig bag. $525 and well worth it. Just ask Dom,he saw it and played it a little,after I warned him he'd die if he dinged it. $525. Sold to fellow MM.Net member and on it's way to him.

3.Les Paul Special II,Wine Red with Black hardware,as new,still has all the protective plastic on it and includes a Road Runner padded gig bag. $130 SOLD to a fellow MM.Net member.

Also SOLD was one of the two Hamer SATF's.The nicer of the two remains and is a scarce Purple color for $300 Both Hamer SATF's were SOLD.

STILL AVAILABLE... 3 Ibanez electric guitar,twin pick up,twin f hole thin line hollow body's with hard cases.
If you're seriously interested pm me with your email address and I'll send pics ,but believe me,any pics I can take of the first two guitars will NOT do them justice.
I don't have any junk and I believe if you buy any of these guitars you'll be very happy with it. Thanks,Uncle Lar