PDA

View Full Version : Abs / esp problem

Coupe
10-02-2008, 08:15 AM
At my Marauder glows since today the bulb for ABS and for ESP, and sometimes, in short distance, when i stand at the engine compartment, i can hear the ABS-Module make a whirr. somebody know, what i have to do? the voltage from the system is 14.5 Volts

fastblackmerc
10-02-2008, 08:20 AM
At my Marauder glows since today the bulb for ABS and for ESP, and sometimes, in short distance, when i stand at the engine compartment, i can hear the ABS-Module make a whirr. somebody know, what i have to do? the voltage from the system is 14.5 Volts

ABS may be taking a dump. I'd get it checked out.

Coupe
10-02-2008, 08:56 AM
okay, news:
now, all of the warninglamps glow, ABS, ESP and the ESP-Switch and i canīt hear any noise from the module :help:

Dragcity
10-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Had a problem with my Wife's Sable. Brake Control Module took a dump. I did not hear any sound, just the Red warning lamp was lit. T/C did not work and ABS did not work.

They are expensive units to replace, but you can get it re-built or find one from a salvage yard, maybe.

Coupe
10-02-2008, 09:06 AM
ouh, very expensive to ship to germany :fire:

Dragcity
10-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Gott'a get it diagnosed first. It's a small unit that lives underneath the air filter box. The aluminum block that all the brake lines go to. There is a black plastic mudule that is attached to the aluminum block. That is what went bad on my Wife's Sable.

I took it off, cleaned it, put it back on and had a properly functioning system for two days, before it went out again. Unplug battery while R&R ing. If you get the same results, that may be the problem.

The one on the Marauder is a heck of a lot easier to get to than the Sable. There are six sces holding the module on the block.

Coupe
10-02-2008, 09:19 AM
you mean the complete module or only the blackbox in the front?

Dragcity
10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
you mean the complete module or only the blackbox in the front?

Black box in front. There is a huge wiring harness on it. You will not have to crack any lines or bleed the system. Purely electronic.

There is a clip which slides inward toward the engine to release the harness....

Ken
10-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Had a problem with my Wife's Sable. Brake Control Module took a dump. I did not hear any sound, just the Red warning lamp was lit. T/C did not work and ABS did not work.

They are expensive units to replace, but you can get it re-built or find one from a salvage yard, maybe.The Brake Control Module can be rebuilt? Just found out today the module on my 99 F150 is bad. Bad news is FORD no longer makes them and none can be found. They are searching salvage yards nationwide for one. 99 was only year that F150 had 4 wheel ABS with front disk and rear drums. :mad: So my truck has sat at the dealership for the last 8 days with the doors UNLOCKED, till I stopped in today. Needless to stay I was steamed. Ripped them a new A**hole, as that is the second time in three months that I found my doors unlocked at that dealership. First time, tools and CDs were stolen.

Ken

Coupe
06-06-2009, 05:56 AM
i donīt know, what can i do!
i bought a new module, but the three lamps for ABS and traction control stil burns! the wheel bearing, (includes the ABS sensor) is new, the harness ist in perfect condition (i tested it)! what can be the reason of this fault?

Zack
06-06-2009, 06:00 AM
i donīt know, what can i do!
i bought a new module, but the three lamps for ABS and traction control stil burns! the wheel bearing, (includes the ABS sensor) is new, the harness ist in perfect condition (i tested it)! what can be the reason of this fault?

There are 4 ABS sensors, check the other 3.

Coupe
06-06-2009, 06:08 AM
i checked the sensors. the IDS tester from ford checked the system and the fault was the code C1145, means wheel sensor front right side

FordNut
06-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Just a thought, are the proper sized tires on the car with the rears larger diameter than the fronts?

Coupe
06-06-2009, 06:44 AM
ya, of course, the OEM tires

FordNut
06-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Had to ask, awhile back a new member was having abs problems and after weeks of diagnosing he finally figured out that the tires were the wrong size because they had been rotated front-back.

FordNut
06-06-2009, 06:52 AM
As Zack said, check all 4 sensors. Particularly the rear ones. Marauderman found that his rear sensor had come loose. The sensor was good, but the bracket had come loose and caused him to have ABS problems.

Coupe
06-07-2009, 03:20 AM
is this possible, that my HCU has a default?

Coupe
06-09-2009, 09:33 AM
now, the HCU is changed too. the resume:
Fault:
C1145 (means sensor in the front, right side malfunktion)
sensor is new, abs module and HCU unit is new too. every cables and conectors in god condition!!
what can be the :censor: reason???? please :help:

LeoVampire
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
now, the HCU is changed too. the resume:
Fault:
C1145 (means sensor in the front, right side malfunktion)
sensor is new, abs module and HCU unit is new too. every cables and conectors in god condition!!
what can be the :censor: reason???? please :help:

Sounds like a ground problem in the system especialy with the lights comming on at a low intensity and many of them.

So it would be a good idea to check out the ground and make sure they are clean, well connected and free of rust.

Coupe
06-09-2009, 09:58 PM
where ca i find the ground point for the ABS system?

Coupe
06-19-2009, 02:36 PM
very courious, today, i drive at the autobahn with 200km/h (thatīs what i love in germany :rock:)
suddenly, i have to brake very strong and my abs is working, despite the fact that the lamps still burning. after than, i try it of a higway with 30mp/h. the pedal was pulsed, but the wheels blocked!
i donīt know, what the problem is!!!

Coupe
08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
the helped me http://www.gentryfordparts.com !
very cheap and very fast! IT WORKS!!!

252life
08-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Glad it worked out for you! What part did you replace?

Coupe
08-13-2009, 07:56 PM
first the sensor in the front, right side. then the two sensors in the back. i checked ALL cables, bought an used module in the states and then, at least a brand new module from GENTRY and this was the problem, both modules before, the OEM and that from ebay, was not working!!!

Coupe
04-11-2011, 01:35 PM
oh no, thats sucks! come the problem back? sometimes when i start the MM, all three lamps donīt go to black. if i switch the engine and start again, they go to black after a few seconds. I checked the rear sensors and i clean them. problem remains! anyone an idea?

Coupe
04-21-2011, 07:58 PM
nobody can help????

Coupe
05-07-2011, 02:57 PM
C1175..........