PDA

View Full Version : Brake fluid change

TAKEDOWN
10-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Attempting to change out my brake fluid tomorrow morning, did a quick search, I was just wondering if there is anything I should be warned about. I'm assuming it's not a hard task at all, but I'm not a mechanic, next door neighbor is gonna help me out. Just seeking professional advice and warnings that I may not be aware of. I am a senior certified professional flashlight holder! Thanks in advance guys!
:beer:

fastblackmerc
10-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Just don't let the master cylinder run dry.

Local Boy
10-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Start with the rear passenger side tire, then the rear drivers side...then the front pass....and finally the front drivers side...

And don't let the fluid reservoir run dry!!!

Feel free to PM me if you need help, brutha...

ALOHA

blackhueys
10-06-2008, 04:18 PM
i just did mine last week went and spent 20 bucks for the mighty vac thingy and just sucked it all right out as I added new to the master cyl real easy job didn't even need to take the tires off and the feel is much better now.

Bradley G
10-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Got a link for the Mighty Vac thingy?
Where did you find it?
i just did mine last week went and spent 20 bucks for the mighty vac thingy and just sucked it all right out as I added new to the master cyl real easy job didn't even need to take the tires off and the feel is much better now.

imorb1994
10-06-2008, 05:16 PM
http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products.asp

TAKEDOWN
10-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys!

TAKEDOWN
10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Start with the rear passenger side tire, then the rear drivers side...then the front pass....and finally the front drivers side...

And don't let the fluid reservoir run dry!!!

Feel free to PM me if you need help, brutha...

ALOHA

Did exactly that LocalBoy, but one problem was I had the car lifted on jacks when I remembered, at the last minute to turn the air suspension off. ooOoO Boy, called Justbob in a frantic state of mind! Bob thanks for calming me down. The brakes feel good, and was also able to clean them. Thanks to my 83 year old neighbor for helping me out, he supplied the tools, time, patience and experience. Cost wise all I had to do was buy the brake fluid. I offered and offered and offered $$$, but he wouldn't accept. I'll tell ya, hanging out with ol'skool... I also learned a couple of things about life!