PDA

View Full Version : 03 Marauder for sale with 235,000km

Canadasvt
10-08-2008, 05:11 AM
Would be nice to see for less than $7K

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=741&Region=-1&subcategory=&CAT=1&ADID=7293569&ADS=7293569%7C

Serge
10-08-2008, 05:38 AM
I looked at it last weekend. Not too bad for the price. Rear end was swapped for a junkyard unit. Brakes pulsate, transmission fluid looked funky and floor mats were nowhere to be found. Oh yea, the climate control doesn't blow air out of the vents. Was definitely a highway car as the headlights were quite pitted. Guy came down to $5800 as is so if anyone wants it and if it's not sold yet, might be a good deal for a second car.

Badass_forever
10-10-2008, 04:57 PM
I also had a buddie look at this car for me, he said it drives great, it runs strong and everyting looked ok with.

Badass_forever
10-11-2008, 03:04 PM
it was nice to hear after all the work of driving 3 hours to look at it.. its sold.

Serge
10-11-2008, 05:02 PM
So did you buy it or someone else? I got an email from the guy this morning saying it was sold.

GetMeMyStogie
10-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi there. I just bought this Marauder :) I drove about 45 minutes from T.O., took it for a test drive, and decided on the spot to take it. We arrived at about 11:15, signed on the dotted line probably about noon, Saturday, the 11th, that is.
What can I say? The early bird gets the worm, I guess ;)

Serge
10-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi there. I just bought this Marauder :) I drove about 45 minutes from T.O., took it for a test drive, and decided on the spot to take it. We arrived at about 11:15, signed on the dotted line probably about noon, Saturday, the 11th, that is.
What can I say? The early bird gets the worm, I guess ;)

So, what did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking? Also, how are you liking it so far? Did he ever get your the floor mats?

BTW I was the early bird since I was there a week before. :lol:

GetMeMyStogie
10-20-2008, 04:40 PM
So, what did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?
$5800. I've been looking to replace my MGM for about a month and a half, and was getting pretty tired of looking. After the test drive, I forgot to haggle!

Also, how are you liking it so far?

This car is f***in' awesome! "160 swiftly", that's for sure.

I'm a bit disappointed about the rear diff being swapped out - I hadn't noticed that when I looked under the car. Oh well, no biggie. Traction control and winter tires should be adequate for the winter.

Did he ever get your the floor mats?
He offered you floor mats? That would've been nice - as it is, I'm looking for a set.

BTW I was the early bird since I was there a week before.

I can't find it now, but I did see this same ad on either craigslist or maybe kijiji, posted about a week before the autotrader ad. I figured the owner didn't get any bites, that's why he expanded his marketing.

:lol:

Yeah, you got me there. I guess I'll get in my new MM and go home now :burnout:

Sorry... couldn't resist.

Serge
10-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Heh, I asked if he could get the factory floor mats and history on the car. He was actually calling the previous owner as I was standing there waiting for him. He didn't reach him so he was suppose to call me the following Monday but never did so I sent him an email about it. He told me he couldn't locate the floor mats and didn't provide the history other than what he told me before that it was owned by some middle aged guy. Then I asked him if I could speak with the previous owner about the history of the car to which he pretty much blew me off. I want to know as much about the car as I can before I buy it, especially one with this high a mileage. If he doesn't want the history revealed then he is hiding something. No biggie, he can keep the car. I am not buying a cat in the bag.

Junkyard rear end was strike 1, tranny fluid with metal bits was strike 2, dealer that treats a customer like crap was strike three. That just about did it for me.

I am glad it went to an enthusiast though and not some Joe six pack off the street. I am sure whatever problems it has if any can be fixed.

Dr Caleb
10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi there. I just bought this Marauder :)

:congrats:

Welcome to the collective. Resistance is futile.

Badass_forever
10-22-2008, 06:11 AM
ya, i was ****ing pissed off when he told me he sold it, after all the work i did, i told him 3 times i wanted the car, and after sending my buddy up to look at it , 24hours later he sold it, i guess to this guy, congrats on the new car man, i have the full cars history infront of me "buddy works at a ford dealer" I believe the rear end was replaced because they hit somthing hard with the car.. about 6months ago the drivers side axle was replaced.. Any way.. **** that ******* chris. ****ing jurkoff.

GetMeMyStogie
10-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Hmmm. I actually wanted to see the car the day before, Friday - my wife and I took the day off to go car shopping. But, the MM dealer told us he was showing it to another dealer, so we couldn't see it on Friday.
After seeing most of our other choices the day before, we didn't have much else to do on Saturday, so I actually called him first thing in the morning, and he said 'come on over'. So we did.
It was my wife's idea to bring the chequebook ;)

Badass_forever
10-23-2008, 11:49 AM
ya man, everytime it was in the dealership, things were replaced on it, so it was taken care of. I was worried about the tranny, but for the price of a new one, it was still a good deal. My buddy brad looked at it on the friday. He musta been the "dealer". He took a ton of pics for me, chris said "im in no rush to sell it" but i guess he was, you got it! Enjoy it man, im gonna keep looking.

Master
10-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Congrats and WELCOME!