PDA

View Full Version : what's the best tune sct2 or what?

black beauty
10-08-2008, 02:32 PM
i know that there are plenty of tunes that can be done on marauders but everyone se4ems to use sctcal2 is that the best 4 mercs?

HBTMD
10-08-2008, 02:49 PM
SCT XCAL2 is a great product, however, it is important to get your tune for it from a very reputable tuner. There are several tuners mentioned on this board that members have been happy with.

I have been extremely happy with Dennis Reinhart (DR). I believe him to be a very reputable and knowlegable expert. DR is also great at accepting phone calls and answering questions. If you have never tuned your vehicle before, he will walk you through it every step of the way. :bows:

Paul T. Casey
10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm pretty happy with my Diablo. The only issue I've run into is a lack of tuners in my area. Being as I work on the road a lot, it's not that big of a deal because they seem to be all over in the south.

KillJoy
10-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Are you wanting Tuner or Tune recommendations? Many here use SCT Tuners. Tunes are sold by several Vendors here including Lidio at Alternative Automotive (http://www.alternativeauto.com), and Zack (zackmcgrath@hotmail.com) among others. Other Vendors offer SCT Tuners pre-loaded w/ Lidio's Tunes already on them (Lidio offers this as well).

I run a custom Dyno Tune, with Zack's Transmission Tune, and I am VERY please with it!

:up:

KillJoy

black beauty
10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
thanks guys i like what your'e saying killjoy about the custom dyno tune with zacks tranny tune did it make a big transition with pwr & shift quality!

im4darush
10-10-2008, 04:14 AM
This brings up an interesting question. How does one run a custom dyno tune with a different transmission tune? I just had my car dyno tuned and my tuner upladed the tune file to my xca2. How is it possible to run a combination of this custom dyno tune from one vendor, and a transmission tune from another?

KillJoy
10-10-2008, 06:22 AM
This brings up an interesting question. How does one run a custom dyno tune with a different transmission tune? I just had my car dyno tuned and my tuner upladed the tune file to my xca2. How is it possible to run a combination of this custom dyno tune from one vendor, and a transmission tune from another?

A Value File is what you are referring to ;)

It merges a "value" (trans) into your current Tune.

KillJoy

Speed
10-10-2008, 07:34 AM
:popcorn:This post couldn't have come at a better time. i'm about to purchase one in about 25 days or so. :popcorn:

im4darush
10-10-2008, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE=KillJoy;668704]A Value File is what you are referring to ;)

It merges a "value" (trans) into your current Tune.

Ah....so this is possible??? I had no idea!!