PDA

View Full Version : One Month from Today SSHS8 - Who's Coming?

MarauderTJA
10-08-2008, 05:32 PM
OK, one month from today, Saturday, November 8th.....

What members from the Sunshine State Marauders are going???? RACING OR SPECTATORS?

merc
10-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Not this year :alone:

03mmmonroe
10-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I will be there 5 year and running. 03 mmmonroe, nc.

Motorhead350
10-09-2008, 01:33 AM
I need to find out how much funding I have. What does it cost to enter?

MarauderTJA
10-09-2008, 05:30 AM
I need to find out how much funding I have. What does it cost to enter?

$65.00 and includes one guest.

Pops
10-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Hack and I will be spectators this year!

John Nero
10-21-2008, 05:02 PM
rooms are booked

And our TWO CAR SSM caravan has been scheduled.

SC Cheesehead
10-21-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm going to be there, not sure if I'll be spectating or racing.

John Nero
10-22-2008, 06:05 PM
only 15 marauders on the offical list for sshs8 (come on people) who else is going

John Nero
10-22-2008, 06:06 PM
rooms are booked

And our TWO CAR SSM caravan has been scheduled.

we will have to meet up with my son-in-law

MarauderTJA
10-22-2008, 06:08 PM
we will have to meet up with my son-in-law For sure..

glassman99
10-22-2008, 06:51 PM
I'll be there, I am not on the list and WhiteKnuckles is not on the list, it is a little behind. There will more than 15 Marauders racing. Landmark Dodge will be bringing their Dodge to the race...I understand that it has already run a sub 11 second pass.

We do need volunteers for several areas in you are coming but not racing.

Mills Marauder
10-22-2008, 07:47 PM
im in cant wait finishing up the car TO DO LIST

MarauderTJA
10-23-2008, 04:35 AM
I'll be there, I am not on the list and WhiteKnuckles is not on the list, it is a little behind. There will more than 15 Marauders racing. Landmark Dodge will be bringing their Dodge to the race...I understand that it has already run a sub 11 second pass.

We do need volunteers for several areas in you are coming but not racing.

The Dodge is a car we have to race:banana2:.

magindat
10-23-2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks to my good friend Dennis(Hotrauder), Jamie and I will be there and I'll be racing to beat last year's time (Thanx, Billy)! Might even do another one of my 'special' burnouts!!!!

Hey Dennis, how are those blinders working?! Can't see nuthin, can ya?!

John Nero
10-23-2008, 06:50 AM
that's the spirit

MarauderTJA
10-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks to my good friend Dennis(Hotrauder), Jamie and I will be there and I'll be racing to beat last year's time (Thanx, Billy)! Might even do another one of my 'special' burnouts!!!!

Great Rich, glad you are going. John Nero and I are working on meeting on Friday morning, Nov 7th at the exit just after The Turnpike & I-75 around 9 am. Maybe you and Dennis can meet up with us to caravan up. Both John and I are trailering our cars, so we will be taking it easy at the speed limit.

I also need someone to use my video camera for some runs. I have an in-car mount I am going to use as well.

Hotrauder
10-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Great Rich, glad you are going. John Nero and I are working on meeting on Friday morning, Nov 7th at the exit just after The Turnpike & I-75 around 9 am. Maybe you and Dennis can meet up with us to caravan up. Both John and I are trailering our cars, so we will be taking it easy at the speed limit.

I also need someone to use my video camera for some runs. I have an in-car mount I am going to use as well.

Tom, sounds like a plan. Need to know Exit # and location and I am in.

Rich, can you see me now? I think I am as invisble as a bad smell but haven't had the acid test, yet. Ga. will be a good trial. Dennis

MarauderTJA
10-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Tom, sounds like a plan. Need to know Exit # and location and I am in.

Cool Dennis! It is the Wildwood Exit 329. Just need to get a specific location from John and I will get back to you. Rich you are joining us RIGHT?

SC Cheesehead
10-23-2008, 09:01 AM

Hoo boy, you and Dennis are coming? Maybe I better plan on getting a hotel room for Sat. evening, just in case we indulge in some post-race "festivities.":beer:

SC Cheesehead
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Hoo boy, you and Dennis are coming? Maybe I better plan on getting a hotel room for Sat. evening, just in case we indulge in some post-race "festivities.":beer:
Cleared my attendance with Ma, I'll drive down Saturday morning, I've booked a hotel room and will stay over Saturday evening, but it looks like I'll be spectating only, not racing.:(

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Marauderman
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Cleared my attendance with Ma, I'll drive down Saturday morning, I've booked a hotel room and will stay over Saturday evening, but it looks like I'll be spectating only, not racing.:(

Am doing the same................say.....th at room................its got two beds .... ........right...............ju st in case I may get into a BLUE MOON sighting with ya!!:lol: :lol:

SC Cheesehead
10-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Am doing the same................say.....th at room................its got two beds .... ........right...............ju st in case I may get into a BLUE MOON sighting with ya!!:lol: :lol:

We'll figure out something if we need to.:beer:

Hotrauder
10-28-2008, 06:01 AM

Dis will be fun!!! It has been way to long but I remember how. I will be in good hands with you guys, I know. Looking forward to it. Dennis:beer:

magindat
10-28-2008, 06:32 AM

I have a stop to make in St. Augustine. I have your cell, so I'll keep in touch!

I bet Jamie wouldn't mind helping out with the camera stuff. After all, she DID film the 'Lucky-13' at New Smyrna! Perhaps if we use our camera, you might have BOTH perspectives on your runs!

SC Cheesehead
10-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Cheesehead http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=673449#post67 3449)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauderman http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=673705#post67 3705)

Dis will be fun!!! It has been way to long but I remember how. I will be in good hands with you guys, I know. Looking forward to it. Dennis:beer:

Got a room booked, looking forward to it!

Kent 'Fluonder' Dorfman: Oh, boy, is this great!

Dean Vernon Wormer: Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

magindat
10-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Rich, can you see me now? I think I am as invisble as a bad smell but haven't had the acid test, yet. Ga. will be a good trial. Dennis

Oh good lord - do I need to bring ticket money?!

magindat
10-28-2008, 06:34 AM

It'll be good to throw a few back with you, too, Rex!

MarauderTJA
10-28-2008, 06:55 AM
I have a stop to make in St. Augustine. I have your cell, so I'll keep in touch!

I bet Jamie wouldn't mind helping out with the camera stuff. After all, she DID film the 'Lucky-13' at New Smyrna! Perhaps if we use our camera, you might have BOTH perspectives on your runs!\

Sounds good Rich. Great idea for the runs. Then we can do a split screen effect, in and out of the car. I really need to get some good footage on drag racing.

magindat
10-28-2008, 06:57 AM
\

Sounds good Rich. Great idea for the runs. Then we can do a split screen effect, in and out of the car. I really need to get some good footage on drag racing.

I was thinking cut back and forth from in-car to out-of-car so we could enjoy the run for TWICE AS LONG when we play it back!!!!!

I'll call you guys when I leave St Augustine.

MarauderTJA
10-28-2008, 07:01 AM
I was thinking cut back and forth from in-car to out-of-car so we could enjoy the run for TWICE AS LONG when we play it back!!!!!

I'll call you guys when I leave St Augustine.

That works. And you can borrow my head-rest camera mount to get some in-car video of your car too:D.

mlschultz
10-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Hey All, Atlanta Dragway has added to their schedule - Friday night, November 7 Test and Tune! :) Here is a link for more info!

http://www.atlantadragway.com/

John Nero
10-28-2008, 05:12 PM
the track will be open in atlanta friday night 11/7/08 for test and tune

Pops
10-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Thats the night foe total chaos and carnage guys! Its the last night for test and tune and has a lot of broken cars.

Hack Goby
10-29-2008, 09:30 AM
\

Tom,I will do my best to get some good video.I'm better with my point and shoot Cannon powershot than I am with a handheld camcorder.

Pops
10-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Tom,I will do my best to get some good video.I'm better with my point and shoot Cannon powershot than I am with a handheld camcorder.

Paul we need to have a tripod to take along!

Hotrauder
10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Oh good lord - do I need to bring ticket money?!

You bet, you did the install. If they don't work its dibs on tickets. :D Dennis

MarauderTJA
10-29-2008, 03:33 PM

Thanks Hack.. Any and all pictures are good.. See ya there.:D

mlschultz
11-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Hey Guys, I have been at the Silver Dollar track here in Reynolds, GA the last two days watching the SSHS8 Big Dog contender Speedfactory/Injected Engineering Charger T&T, meanwhile, breaking the LX platform World Record last night, and then again today, SMASHING the record big time! Better put your A game on! Here is the video from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Lu18FnnaA

red
11-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey Guys, I have been at the Silver Dollar track here in Reynolds, GA the last two days watching the SSHS8 Big Dog contender Speedfactory/Injected Engineering Charger T&T, meanwhile, breaking the LX platform World Record last night, and then again today, SMASHING the record big time! Better put your A game on! Here is the video from last night.
:eek: That's sick.

magindat
11-03-2008, 06:32 AM
You bet, you did the install. If they don't work its dibs on tickets. :D Dennis

:shake: How does Penny put up with you?! Lucky bastage!!! :rolleyes:

bigmerc'03
11-05-2008, 10:56 PM
are we leaving saturday from marietta in a convoy or is there any leaving in a group if so where and what time!???

MarauderTJA
11-06-2008, 05:32 AM
We will be meeting at the GATE TUCK STOP at the Wildwood exit off I-75 at 9am. See you guys there.

Marauderman
11-06-2008, 05:38 AM
We will be meeting at the GATE TUCK STOP at the Wildwood exit off I-75 at 9am. See you guys there.

Gee I hope that is Not on Sat. morn---hoping to see ya at Breakfast at the CB about 6AM in Commerce Sat ......

Hotrauder
11-06-2008, 06:01 AM
Gee I hope that is Not on Sat. morn---hoping to see ya at Breakfast at the CB about 6AM in Commerce Sat ......

We just might be up a little late for a 6AMer, Tom. You might want to shoot for 7.:beer: ? Looks like the overnight low Friday night is 39, the track, as you may remember; is like a hockey rink till the temp gets up and the sun goes to work on it. As I recall, sideways at 105mph surrounded by concrete walls is not a lot of fun, causes a very severe puckering and perhaps extra laundry time. We are meeting Friday Morning, as in tomorrow and will see you and Cheese, I hope for a pop and dinner Friday evening. does anyone think this might be fun? :banana2:Dennis:burnout:

magindat
11-06-2008, 06:10 AM
does anyone think this might be fun? :banana2:Dennis:burnout:

Nope, it's gonna suck. Be the worst weeekend of my year. Why do I even bother?! :shake:

:laugh:

John Nero
11-06-2008, 06:25 AM

see you there

magindat
11-06-2008, 06:29 AM
Wearing Tom's SSHS7 TacticalTraining.com Marauder Racing Team shirt from last year today at work. SCREW THE MFing DRESS CODE!!!!

MM03MOK
11-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Safe travels to all heading to SSHS8. Best of luck and have a BLAST!!!

:bunny:

MarauderTJA
11-06-2008, 07:58 AM

Negative TOM.. That is tomorrow morning. If we all leave Wildwood at 9 AM, we should make Commerce by 4 -4:30 PM Friday. It is 454 miles from Wildwoos.

MarauderTJA
11-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Safe travels to all heading to SSHS8. Best of luck and have a BLAST!!!

:bunny:

Thanks Mary. we will have a blast for sure:banana2:.

Pops
11-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Remember Mexican at 7:30 Friday night next to the Holiday Inn! Hack and I are just getting to Lexington, Kentucky.

MarauderTJA
11-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Remember Mexican at 7:30 Friday night next to the Holiday Inn! Hack and I are just getting to Lexington, Kentucky.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn. Will have the truck and trailer. Don't know if we will be able to make it unless we hook up a ride over. John, you have my cell number.

Pops
11-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Tom I dont have it anymore. Mine is 269 214 8869. We are at the Hampton and we work for drinks! The ride is on me.

Peace2Peep
11-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Im at the Hampton Inn too...if anyone needs suitable transportation N/A style! I cant stinkin wait!

John Nero
11-06-2008, 11:34 AM
We are staying at the Hampton Inn. Will have the truck and trailer. Don't know if we will be able to make it unless we hook up a ride over. John, you have my cell number.

my son in law will have his car too

Pops
11-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Almost to Knoxvillenow and what great weather guys. Drive safe! Hack is having alcohol withdrawals now!

Bluerauder
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Almost to Knoxvillenow and what great weather guys. Drive safe! Hack is having alcohol withdrawals now!
Wow .... is it that time already. Seems that you guys just made that trip and posted up the pics. Time flies. Safe Travels gang.

Pops
11-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow .... is it that time already. Seems that you guys just made that trip and posted up the pics. Time flies. Safe Travels gang.

Thanks Charlie! :D

John Nero
11-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Are we there yet

Motorhead350
11-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Wish I could make it, but my car needs $2000 worth of stuff... tires, tune, gears, exc... Thanks for the thought anyway guys.

mlschultz
11-06-2008, 02:00 PM
I was asked to post this by one of our Mopar friends. This is regarding the VP fuel station at the track.

Hey Mike,

Can you post this on the sites you've been promoting this on? I emailed the VP guy, and this was his response:

I will be there then. If you can spead the word, tell the people we have 15 different kinds of VP Racing Fuel (sold by the gallon or per 55 gallon drum) including methanol onsite. As well as upper lube, fuel jugs, jug parts, VP shirts, and more.

Credit Cards accepted

Fuel available by the gallon:
Unleaded 93, 101
Leaded Fuel below:
VP Blue
C12
C14
C16
Q16
C19
C23
C25
IMPORT
METHANOL M1
M3
M5

SC Cheesehead
11-06-2008, 02:04 PM

Wish you could make it, good time whether racing or just spectating.

Glenn
11-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I will not be able to make Friday nite TNT. It looks like I will have to work the DC late tomorrow night. I do plan on arriving Saturday about 9:30 AM with my pit crew (my son Chris). I will take dancing tickets at 10:00 am for a small fee. Dom (if he arrives) is first for my $50 trip offer, then all Marks to the front of the line (blowers first), then TS, then R/Ts, then the slower SRT8s. See ya all there..........

Glenn http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/up.gif

MarauderTJA
11-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Im at the Hampton Inn too...if anyone needs suitable transportation N/A style! I cant stinkin wait!

Are you going to caravan up with us at Wildwood? 9 AM GATE Truck Stop.

Paul T. Casey
11-07-2008, 05:29 AM
.........me...........

mlschultz
11-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Friday T&T is rained out! Got the slicks on The Mark and through tech, and the sky opened up... :( See you all tomorrow! Drive safe!