PDA

View Full Version : Door speakers finally

Bradley G
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Well I'm ashamed It took me this long, to get around to installing the matching Kenwood speakers for the front doors.After doing the driver door about a half hour, the passenger door only took a few minutes.
I did cut the wrong screws in half, so I had to make a quick run to the hardware store and spend a dollar and a half to replace them.
They sound excellent!
I had the Install sticky with pics and instructions printed up from over a year ago.
The rear speakers have been in for at least a year.
Instructions were a Big help on the Metra adapters, tools, locations & size of screws and where to pry the trim pieces with out breaking them.
As always this forum is a wealth of info and inspiration to do upgrades to this awsome motor vehicle:)
Thanks!

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow I just installed my front speakers yesterday, and my rears last friday. I also have to give big props to this site and the thread regarding the kenwood speakers install to do it smoothly and correctly the first time.

I went with 6x8 240W Pioneers, they sound pretty good, but I did have to customize the screw fitment (had to drill new mounting locations) and had issues with the depth, the window was actually hitting the magnet of the speaker. Some washer spacers behind the speaker fixed that issue though.

Next up, tomorrow I shall begin on my custom subs box for my rear deck in the trunk :)

TAKEDOWN
10-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Nothing to be ashamed about, but where are the pics?

Vortech347
10-15-2008, 06:31 PM
New speakers rule.

Bradley G
10-15-2008, 06:41 PM
I was lazy and didn't take any, It was raining! And there was too much stuff in the garage to fit the car all the way inside.

Nothing to be ashamed about, but where are the pics?

justbob
11-05-2008, 04:12 PM
I was lazy and didn't take any, It was raining! And there was too much stuff in the garage to fit the car all the way inside.

I concur about that garage:shake:

UncleLar
11-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Aha,now I know where that 2009 Mustang went and why none of us had the winning number raffle ticket! lol!

computertech
05-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Hey Guys My Silver Birch is asking for new speakers, you speak of Pioneers 6x8`s..........Can you guys give me a link ???? I wanna make my ears bleed ! :mad2::burnout::burnout::eek:

Well I'm ashamed It took me this long, to get around to installing the matching Kenwood speakers for the front doors.After doing the driver door about a half hour, the passenger door only took a few minutes.
I did cut the wrong screws in half, so I had to make a quick run to the hardware store and spend a dollar and a half to replace them.
They sound excellent!
I had the Install sticky with pics and instructions printed up from over a year ago.
The rear speakers have been in for at least a year.
Instructions were a Big help on the Metra adapters, tools, locations & size of screws and where to pry the trim pieces with out breaking them.
As always this forum is a wealth of info and inspiration to do upgrades to this awsome motor vehicle:)
Thanks!

8UWITH6
05-12-2013, 07:56 AM
I should have done a write up about fitting a 6.5" midbass speaker in the front doors but I was too busy cursing, LOL.

fastblackmerc
05-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Hey Guys My Silver Birch is asking for new speakers, you speak of Pioneers 6x8`s..........Can you guys give me a link ???? I wanna make my ears bleed ! :mad2::burnout::burnout::eek:

Checkout Crutchfield for speaker fitment.