PDA

View Full Version : Ported intake is here

Dennis Reinhart
09-11-2003, 02:51 PM
Ok here it is from my self and From Pauls high performance. We have a completey ported upper and lower intake manifold, with spacer plate. This is a work of art. I will have it powder coated for my car, I will post before and after dyno runs and I will bring this to Ennis.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MVC-107S.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MVC-108S.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MVC-110S.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MVC-112S.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MVC-113S.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1063316431-MVC-115S.jpg

martyo
09-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Nice Dennis. Very Nice. What do expect the gains to be? When will the dyno sheets be available? Will the dyno sheets be for an N/A motor and and S/C motor? What color are you powder coating it? Does it make sense to do this on an N/A motor or just on an S/C motr? When will you be shipping one to me?

RF Overlord
09-11-2003, 03:50 PM
It's a work of art, Dennis...

Would there be any gain to just replacing the upper? I realise it would make more sense to replace both, but could I start with the upper and add the lower later, or would that not be worth the effort?

jgc61sr2002
09-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Dennis - That is a work of art. Looks great.:up:

amerikan
09-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Ditto maryos post. Very interested.

Marauder57
09-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Dennis,

I would also BIG DITTO on MartyO's post.....I am very interested in this bad boy and the results..

SouLRioT
09-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by martyo
Nice Dennis. Very Nice. What do expect the gains to be? When will the dyno sheets be available? Will the dyno sheets be for an N/A motor and and S/C motor? What color are you powder coating it? Does it make sense to do this on an N/A motor or just on an S/C motr? When will you be shipping one to me?

Almost all the questions I have except what will this do? I'm guessing this will help with air flow, but please explain in laymens terms.

Dennis Reinhart
09-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Ok I am home long day, the complete upper intake on a 03 Mach1 is gaining over 23 RWHP, so on the Marauder I don't know. I am going to test the new exhaust manifolds I have for our cars as compared to the SVO shorties, then I will re'dyno the car with the intake, I will then post the numbers, this will be after Ennis, I will take it out there so the guys there can see it, as far as just doing the upper intake I don't feel this would be any benifit, the intake is 1200.00 witha 1200.00 core charge thats what a replacement intake for our car costs this will be refunded when I get your OEM back, as far as doing this on a SC car the hp will probably be more, so I would hold off on this till you have a built motor again, I made 467 on Kieths car is that a safe number, NO so again if there are blown cars that want this ok call me, I feel I am making safe RWHP with just the SC kit and satge 1, but I am doing a monster kit and this will be part of it going on a 03 Cobra motor with T Trim. Idealy I am hoping to get a N/A Marauder with my stage 1 & 2 and this intake to the 300 RWHP range

sailsmen
09-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Is the '03 Cobra Motor going in a Marauder?

Dennis Reinhart
09-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Yes I am doing a complete setup for this, the car should make over 500 RWHP

TAF
09-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
I am hoping to get a N/A Marauder with my stage 1 & 2 and this intake to the 300 RWHP range

Now THAT'S^^^what I'm talkin about. N/A at 300 RWHP is my goal!!!!

Looking forward to seeing this and talking to you about it in TX, Dennis.

JET
09-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Can't wait for the results.

martyo
09-11-2003, 06:08 PM
Dennis: Bring a full setup and your tool box. I will let you install this set-up on my car in Texas while we are there and then I can beat the core charge 'cuz you can take the unpolished manifold home with you. Please. Pretty please!

RCSignals
09-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Intake looks great Dennis. The dyno results will be interesting.
Was the intake flow tested on a bench against a stock one as well?

Dennis Reinhart
09-11-2003, 06:32 PM
There is no reason to flow test it the proof is in the RWHP #

martyo
09-11-2003, 06:35 PM
Dennis: What about my suggestion?

Dennis Reinhart
09-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Now Marti I wont sell this till I test in on a dyno but I will let you hold it for a bottle of Stollys orange

TAF
09-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Now Marti I wont sell this till I test in on a dyno but I will let you hold it for a bottle of Stollys orange

Now...he's going to go to his room....and pout!:lol:

Petrograde
09-11-2003, 07:15 PM
hmmm..... N/A?

just taking a scientific wild a$$ guess here, does that stand for Non Aspirated?:confused:

Dennis Reinhart
09-11-2003, 07:19 PM
That's the ticket Naturally aspirated

Petrograde
09-11-2003, 07:20 PM
wow,.. well,.. I was close!

Thanks Dennis

martyo
09-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Now...he's going to go to his room....and pout!:lol:

Waaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Zack
09-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Dennis, I already bought a bottle of Vodka. Though Id treat you to Grey Goose Orange. You better like it

Marauder57
09-11-2003, 08:36 PM
All I can say is with all the Grey Goose and Stoli running around...have fun and be safe....the last thing I would want to hear about is the worlds biggest Marauder Pile up! ;)

Martyo you should really look into getting a vacation home in Middleburg.....near Orange Park...then you can get all of Dennis's stuff when it first comes out.....Dennis loves the people in Middleburg....his best customers!

I hope the testing on that intake goes well....but once he get's it tested....then he will need a car to install it on and swap the core....hmmmm where could he find that.....Hey I don't live that far from Dennis's....... :banana:

TAF I am with you on the NA 300RWHP....I actually think giving Dennis time..he will exceed 300RWHP on a NA Marauder....just a guess....speaking of which I need to get on a Dyno..... or a habitrail......get some numbers...

RCSignals
09-11-2003, 09:55 PM
There is no reason to flow test it the proof is in the RWHP #

Yes, that's very true.
Flow wouldn't necessarily show a lot in itself, but it would be interesting to read the difference from stock.

MAD-3R
09-12-2003, 06:14 AM
Being that I have one of the few BUILT NA motors out there, this is just what I need.

Dennis, your work and the work your doing for us is fantastic, but as I said before, Your KILLING me with all this good stuff!! :lol:

deerejoe
09-12-2003, 07:51 AM
When this search for the ULTIMATE solution concludes...the totally modified (in whatever form) Marauder will qualify as a NASCAR racer!!

Watch out, Chevvy, Ford, Mopar.......there will be a 'new sheriff' in town!!!

ChuckB
09-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Dennis,

just when i think i've got all the right goodies - you come up with more. Hat's off to you

more power - more power.....

gonzo50
09-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by TAF
Now THAT'S^^^what I'm talkin about. N/A at 300 RWHP is my goal!!!!
That is my ticket to Orange Park,:burnout: 300 + rwhp in a N/A Marauder is awesome, need them results fast.

Thanks Dennis for all you do for our Marauders,:banana2: Kudos to you. :rock:

the fat bastid
09-12-2003, 02:34 PM
300+ rwhp is my goal too...the tq must be get up there too since people have 300 rwtq right now.

what does 'core charge' mean? i've heard it for engine and stuff but i never really understood it.

Dennis Reinhart
09-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Core charge means I need your original part as a trade in

RCSignals
09-12-2003, 09:31 PM
and if you don't send in your original part you have to pay whatever the "core charge" is, iIn this case $1200.
So if you want to keep your original as well the total cost to you is $2400.
The automotive industry has long worked like this.

FordNut
10-26-2003, 08:31 AM
I saw this at Ennis and was wondering if it's been installed and tested yet? How about a sequential test, like maybe first change the upper only and test, then add the spacer then test, then finish the swap and test again?

I would like to see a test of any difference the spacer by itself would make on an otherwise stock manifold. A plenum spacer has had positive results, especially with increased low end torque, in many applications in the past and could be a fairly inexpensive easy mod.

gonzo50
10-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by FordNut
I saw this at Ennis and was wondering if it's been installed and tested yet?

A plenum spacer has had positive results, especially with increased low end torque, in many applications in the past and could be a fairly inexpensive easy mod.
I was also waiting for the results on this set up, I had a plenum spacer on my Mustang GT and they do work especially keeping the intake air cooler. Keep us posted Dennis. :up:

Dennis Reinhart
10-26-2003, 11:30 AM
Well The dyno is in, its Sunday were down here working like dogs I hope to have it running by Tuesday

gonzo50
10-26-2003, 11:45 AM
Way to go Dennis, keep up the good, hard work you've been doing all along. :up: :D

martyo
10-26-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by gonzo50
Way to go Dennis, keep up the good, hard work you've been doing all along. :up: :D

Hey Carlos, you can try to kiss up to Dennis all you want, but at this point he has my credit card number memorized, so you'll have to get on line behind me for the intake!! :D

SergntMac
10-26-2003, 12:23 PM
LOL...Going to start a count down Marty?

gonzo50
10-26-2003, 02:10 PM
Hey Carlos, you can try to kiss up to Dennis all you want, but at this point he has my credit card number memorized, so you'll have to get on line behind me for the intake!! :D
I'll get behind anybody as long as there is a 300 + RWHP waiting for me at the end of the rainbow. :lol:

khc3
11-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Just curious if Dennis ever had the chance to dyno test the new intake?

TAF
11-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by khc3
Just curious if Dennis ever had the chance to dyno test the new intake?

He told me this weekend that now that he has his Dyno-Jet installed (as of last week) the next few weeks will be doing a bunch of before/afters.

BTW khc3...where in north GA?

SergntMac
11-18-2003, 07:37 PM
Todd...That polished intake will push your MM well over 300 RWHP, no question. I can't predict the exact gain, other than to say that Dennis adamantly refuses to sell me this mod because my engine won't take the added power as long as I have a Vortech blower installed. Numbers aside, (and pending), that's a fairly clear prediction of what this mod will deliver to a N/A Marauder, yes?

BTW, our brother MOngoose knows this, and he didn't tell you...Ummm...

Todd?

TODD?

TODD!

Oh Jeeze, what have I done now...

TAF
11-18-2003, 07:44 PM
I knew it...he just didn't know I knew it...but...you know me...I always like to know what's goin on...ya know.

martyo
11-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by TAF
I knew it...he just didn't know I knew it...but...you know me...I always like to know what's goin on...ya know.

Sure you guys, go ahead, pick on me. I am just lying here sick with unmentionables coming out of every orifice of my body....

I will say this though, I did NOT know, but apparently my "friend" Todd did. Just seems that he was more willing to share it with some stranger here on the board than he was with me.

Yeah, true friends.....

Dennis Reinhart
11-18-2003, 07:56 PM
I know every one is waiting I may have numbers tomorrow My car is on the dyno now I will do this in the morning I want a base run, my car has exhaust chip Densos and stat and 4:10's, I then will change the intake and look at the numbers

TAF
11-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Sure you guys, go ahead, pick on me. I am just lying here with unmentionables coming out of every orifice of my body....

I will say this though, I did NOT know, but apparently my "friend" Todd did. Just seems that he was more willing to share it with some stranger here on the board than he was with me.

Yeah, true friends.....

:confused: but in here^^^somewhere is a mental picture I could have gone the rest of the month without...

khc3
11-18-2003, 08:00 PM
BTW khc3...where in north GA? Beautiful South Forsyth Co.

TAF
11-18-2003, 08:03 PM
then...start joining us for the Monthly Breakfast!!!!

khc3
11-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Love to. Tell me when/where, and I'll be there.

sailsmen
11-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Dennis, DRobin and I will be ready for a visit come January!

Can't wait! It's worst then when I was 10 waiting for Christmas morning.

johnjamis
12-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Does anybody know where the dyno numbers are for this ported intake? I read all of these posts and the thread died with no results. Thanks

Dennis Reinhart
12-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Well I have done a Dyno test on my car the intake did not make enough RWHP to justify this expence now, I may have Jerry tune the car and see if we can get the numbers to come up, again I test every thing I sell, I want tomake every one happy when I can so lets just wait a bit longer the Trans upgrade will be out in two weeks

johnjamis
12-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the update, we all appreciate the care with which you approach these modifications.

RCSignals
12-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Dennis, how much did it make?

RCSignals
12-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Todd...That polished intake will push your MM well over 300 RWHP, no question. I can't predict the exact gain, other than to say that Dennis adamantly refuses to sell me this mod because my engine won't take the added power as long as I have a Vortech blower installed. Numbers aside, (and pending), that's a fairly clear prediction of what this mod will deliver to a N/A Marauder, yes?

Well Mac, if Dennis won't sell you one, it's winter, so you have all this time to port and polish yours. You have rom for it on the coffee table, right?

SergntMac
12-07-2003, 03:19 AM
I don't have a coffee table, but I get your point.

FordNut
03-01-2004, 07:58 AM
Well I have done a Dyno test on my car the intake did not make enough RWHP to justify this expence now, I may have Jerry tune the car and see if we can get the numbers to come up, again I test every thing I sell, I want tomake every one happy when I can so lets just wait a bit longer the Trans upgrade will be out in two weeks

When are you planning to have any more data on the intake? And did you test on a s/c or n/a car?