PDA

View Full Version : Brien Ford in Everett

BruteForce
10-19-2008, 04:42 PM
%$#@# MM wouldn't start the other day so I decide it's time to give Brien Ford a test job to see how they operate. As you may recall, Harbor Pointe quit selling L&M products (Mitsubishi only now IIRC) a while back so I didn't have my "ol' reliable" dealer to fall back on.

Anyway I give Brien a call and spoke with Matt in Service and he says he can have it towed (expensive) or I can call his recommended tow dude and work directly with him. So I call Harbor Pointe Towing & Service (no relation/affiliation) and schedule a pickup for 8AM the next morning. Fellow shows up on time with one of those big loooong flat beds and wiggles it around to fit into my driveway. If you've ever been here you know that was a feat in itself. He's extra careful getting my MM on the bed (even with lowered front end and pipes that extend beyond the bumper).

We get to Brien and as he's unloading the MM, I speak with Matt about what will be done and mention I have an extended warranty purchased from HP and he says no problem. Takes the warranty number and says he'll take care of it all. While we're standing there chatting, employees are showing up for work and lo and behold who walks up but Rich Heard, one of my favorite mechanics from Harbor Pointe. He did much of the mod work on my MM while at HP so I'm thinkin' "this is looking better and better". Sat around for a while waiting on the shuttle driver and got a ride home. I call later and find out they have to order a new alternator but that the warranty will cover it all with no deductible required. Anyway, it had to stay overnight waiting on a new alternator to come from Portland.

Next day they come and pick me up and take me back in to the dealership. MM is running like a champ and starts strong like new. Paid my bill (had an oil change & lube done too). Don't know if it SOP but my receipt came with a coupon for a free car wash at General Brushless. Cool.

Moral of the story is, Brien Ford is a mod friendly dealer that will work with you to give you the best deal on repairs that they can do. Just doing the work as warranty is proof of that as the 3rd party warranty company would not only have rejected this claim but probably canceled the warranty altogether if they found out about the S/C and everything else I've done to this thing.

I'm very satisfied with my Brien Ford experience. Highly recommended!

PS. This is the dealer that did the engine replacement on Dave's MM too.

Blue03
10-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the update BF. I'm getting ready to get some service there myself. It's good to hear they did well. My extended warranty expires soon and I'll have them take care of a few things (water in headlights and blinky window panel lights) before it closes out. I know a good guy there on the sales side but have not had anything for the service side to do yet.

freakstatus
10-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Good to hear everything worked out.:)

Ryans PI
10-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the info, Scott.

Old Smokey is 6K miles away from the 200,000 mark, so I may need to get some things done in the future.