PDA

View Full Version : MM Racing Seats???

Glenn
10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Need the collective's advise: I am looking for a good racing seat to use for the MM. I prefer any advise on Summit Racing since their main store is only a few miles away. Also, I am just looking for an inexpensive racing seat to be used only for drag racing. A seat that bolts in without alot of work is prefered. Does any member have any experience with an inexpensive racing seat.

I think I will have to drill a separate hole for the lap belt because the seat has a built in lap belt fastener?

Also, any estimate on the weight of a front MM seat - 60#?? I have got to trim some weight for SSHS8. Big John is giving me an opportunity to run his "Doom" engine MM.

Thanks,

Glenn :burnout:

Zack
10-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Ask Jerry Barnes, he has a racing seat.

CRUZTAKER
10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Also, any estimate on the weight of a front MM seat - 60#?? I have got to trim some weight for SSHS8. ......:burnout:

Wow...and to think I run with TWO child seats in my car....:P

Motorhead350
10-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Come on Glenn, it's not going to be a full street car anymore... enjoy the lux interior!

Glenn
10-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey, fellows - Big John has challenged me to a run with his "Doom" engine. I need to at least get competitive. He only has 200+ HP over me. Give me a break!

Pops
10-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Hey, fellows - Big John has challenged me to a run with his "Doom" engine. I need to at least get competitive. He only has 200+ HP over me. Give me a break!

Glenn thats only two seconds! But you never know who is going to win a race.:cool: :D

KillJoy
10-21-2008, 04:46 PM
I have always thought that Mach 1 Seats in a MM would be nice. They hug MUCH better and the lateral support is SOOOOOOOOO greater than the sofas that the MM comes with....

KillJoy

TooManyFords
10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Glenn thats only two seconds! But you never know who is going to win a race.:cool: :D

Does Glenn know we're racing from the Hotel to the Messican Restaurant?

:P

Pops
10-22-2008, 05:24 AM
Does Glenn know we're racing from the Hotel to the Messican Restaurant?

:P

That would be a two second run John! Did he tell you it is going to be on foot? :D

TooManyFords
10-22-2008, 05:44 AM
That's why I told him I'd give him a 1-second head start!

Now, -after- the dinner.... It may be a race to the bathroom!!

LOL!

:banana2:

TooManyFords
10-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Glenn, the ones I'm going with are from Corbeau. But like it has been pointed out elsewhere, you really need a cage before going with the seats. Tom's cage looks to be the ticket for you.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/lg1/

Then option them with the 5th slot install and the seat brackets. I am going for the LG1Wides (as would most Marauder owners) in the Black/Blue cloth.

John

ckadiddle
10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
...uh...nevermind...

Glenn
10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Big John:

I know you will beat the pants off me, but it still will be fun. In besides, you may blog that beast!

I can not afford the Corbeau seats. I'm looking at a $40.00 seat from Summit. I just do not know how much work will be necessary to install it. See you at the Mex Restaurant on Friday nite.

Glenn

TooManyFords
10-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Glenn,

You just never know what's going to happen when racing. I'll probably put money on you just in case.

But I'm still not giving you a head start to the bathroom!

LOL!

Cheers!

Stranger in the Black Sedan
10-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Nooooo don't put a hard plastic buggy seat in the Marauder!!!! Say it ain't so