PDA

View Full Version : How About a Big Central Meet in May 2009

UncleLar
10-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Every year in early May JC Whitney has a very nice car show in LaSalle,Il.
Free entry with some nice trophies and 10% off any purchases made there that day.They also have an outfit take pics of the cars as they arrive and sell good quality pics plus they have a nice bag of goodies they give out to entrants also. And a Northern Il. TV program called Motorsports Unlimited is there every year filming for their cable access program so you might get interviewed for TV.(Please God,not Dom,lol).It's the first outdoor car show of the season and would be a good way for members from the Midwest to meet up and get to know one another. It's a nice show,I've been there several times as a group with Ford Truck World and we could probably arrange to show together if we can get there at the same time. They do have food available there,the usual brats and stuff,it's not free but it ain't killed anybody yet that I know of. There is a big cafeteria that has a pretty good all you can eat breakfast at a nearby restaurant off I-80 that I've been to several times and being as it's a truck stop they have plenty of parking right near the restaurant where we could meet and eat before hand.
What do you think? We've got plenty of time to get ready.
I think I'm going to post this at crownvic.net and mcmm also,we're all driving panther's,right?

TAKEDOWN
10-20-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm in Uncle Lar let me know!

UncleLar
10-20-2008, 11:43 PM
I knew you would be,I'm pretty sure justbob will be too.
It will be on a Sunday in early May,probably the first Sunday of the month I think.

justbob
10-21-2008, 03:54 AM
I know the place. see ya there.

Black Dynamite
10-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Does sound tempting. I might make the trip.

bigmerc2003
10-24-2008, 09:45 AM
See you there, hopefully we can get a big group, i would like to meet some of the members face to face finally

NOMARQUIS
10-24-2008, 11:57 AM
How far is this place from Madison? I'm in if all is well with my MM at that point.

UncleLar
10-24-2008, 12:39 PM
It's a straight shot down I-39.According to Yahoo Maps 138 miles each way with a travel time of 2 hours 19 minutes.
For those with a couple of days free Starved Rock State Park is right around there too and has some great scenery.
Here's a link to some tourist info for the nearby area.
http://www.enjoylasallecounty.com/

NOMARQUIS
10-24-2008, 02:06 PM
It's a straight shot down I-39.According to Yahoo Maps 138 miles each way with a travel time of 2 hours 19 minutes.
For those with a couple of days free Starved Rock State Park is right around there too and has some great scenery.
Here's a link to some tourist info for the nearby area.
http://www.enjoylasallecounty.com/

138 miles should be about 1.38 hours in a Marauder on I 39. Damn my needing a good driving record so I can keep my company car!!!!! If I could keep my foot in it, I would.

Hacklemerc
10-24-2008, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't mind making my way there. Maybe we can drum up some of the others from around St. Louis and make a good sized convoy?

bigmerc2003
10-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I-39 is almost a country road as there is little traffic and no police! Nice road to cruise down for WI people

Bradley G
10-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Sounds like a great outing Lar!

03Farmmarauder
10-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Would love to come just give me info on how to get there!!!

UncleLar
10-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Get yourself over to I-39 Northbound,go to I-80.I-80 East about 2 miles to HWY 178 South to HWY 6.Hwy 6 west about 3 or 4 streets and you'll see JC Whitney on the north side of the street about 1/4 mile in.
Or if you prefer you can exit I-39 south of I-80 at IL Hwy 6 and take that east to JC Whitney.

Oops,Yahoo maps suggests a sort of stupid route to get to I-39 and says 76 miles and 1 hour 33 minutes travel time from Bartonville to LaSalle. A more direct route to I-39 should be shorter and faster.

TAKEDOWN
10-26-2008, 05:15 PM
guesstimate mileage and time from Chicago Uncle Lar?

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-26-2008, 05:22 PM
...I'm Game.

justbob
10-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Straight down 80 Drew. See ya there!

UncleLar
10-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I-80 about 2 miles east of I-39. Sorry Drew.

TAKEDOWN
10-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Straight down 80 Drew. See ya there!

That's a hell YeaH!

sociopath001
10-31-2008, 01:03 AM
Ill be there

xopher
11-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Get yourself over to I-39 Northbound,go to I-80.I-80 East about 2 miles to HWY 178 South to HWY 6.Hwy 6 west about 3 or 4 streets and you'll see JC Whitney on the north side of the street about 1/4 mile in.
Or if you prefer you can exit I-39 south of I-80 at IL Hwy 6 and take that east to JC Whitney.

Oops,Yahoo maps suggests a sort of stupid route to get to I-39 and says 76 miles and 1 hour 33 minutes travel time from Bartonville to LaSalle. A more direct route to I-39 should be shorter and faster.

Is it avoiding toll roads?

justbob
11-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Seems to be the most direct route for ya.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Pewaukee&1s=WI&1y=US&1l=43.080601&1g=-88.261101&1v=CITY&2c=La+Salle&2s=IL&2y=US&2l=41.333302&2g=-89.091698&2v=CITY&r=s

UncleLar
02-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Just a reminder,the JC Whitney show will be on Sunday May 3,2009.
Start planning for it.

justbob
02-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm still in.

JUST 1BULLITT
02-12-2009, 10:01 PM
:cool:GREAT PLAN 'UNCLELAR!' (My All-Time FAV AM WLS Radio DJ by the way! :beer: Initiatives just like this should happen more often! I'm stationed in the Kansas City Area now, but "Sweet Home Chicago" is STILL my Hometown; so if I can get away I'll make plans to saddle up and BE there; be GREAT to meet lots of you fellow Chi-Towners and Illinois Folks IN PERSON as others have already said. We'll see if the St. Louis area guys can form up a Convoy that I can join; sounds like a blast indeed! We'll see how many we can round up from my neck of the woods! THANKS for setting this up and getting the word out early!

xopher
02-12-2009, 11:34 PM
2009 HOT ROD POWER TOUR(TM) ROUTE
Saturday, June 6
Madison, WI
Alliant Energy Center

Sunday, June 7
Racine, WI
Downtown Lakefront

Monday, June 8
South Bend, IN
St. Joseph County Fairgrounds

Tuesday, June 9
Warren, MI (Detroit)
General Motors Technical Center

Wednesday, June 10
Dayton, OH
University of Dayton Arena

Thursday, June 11
Somerset, KY
The Center for Rural Development

Friday, June 12
Bristol, TN
Bristol Motor Speedway

Saturday, June 13
Bristol, TN
Bristol Motor Speedway (Long Hauler Awards)
I'm probably going to do Madison to Racine. I might jog south from Racine to Gurnee Mills but then I'd break off and go to Bass Pro Shops or something before I come back to the Milwaukee area. We could hit up Union Grove if there's interest. fairlane347 is in. Might have MCAT and blazen71. Would be awesome to have a fleet of Marauders storming down the highway.

TAKEDOWN
02-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm still in, I say we convoy!

UncleLar
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Here's a link to the Flying J truck stop a bit west of I-39 south of I-80 at exit 77. There's a Country Market restaurant there with a breakfast buffet that's pretty decent(I've eaten there a few times before),the food's pretty good and there's plenty of it,enough so you won't have to worry about getting trampled by justbob and me,lol.
There's plenty of parking and I'm suggesting it as a rondevous for some before the show chow and a meeting point to caravan to JC Whitney.
You guys will have to bear with me a bit as I'm new at trying to set up something like this plus I just found out I have to move by April 1st and I'm still recovering from last year.I'm doing my best at trying to co ordinate things.The hardest part is working with an unknown number of cars that will actually show up so I can warn JC Whitney about how much space we'll need and also to warn the Country Market about how many of us will actually show up for breakfast so they're not swamped which would mess things up for everyone and throw off our caravan arrival time at JC Whitney.
If anyone would like to give me some help or offer helpful suggestions I'd appreciate it.
Here's link to the Flying J
http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPortalWebProject/flyingjPortal.portal?_nfpb=tru e&_windowLabel=locationAmenities _1_4&locationAmenities_1_4_actionOv erride=%2Fflyingj%2Flocation%2 FlocationAmenitiesPageFlow%2Fg etLocationAmenitiesByTradePart nerId&_pageLabel=flyingjPortal_porta l_page_61&locationAmenities_1_4tradePart nerId=40216

justbob
02-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Planing sucks!

I hear you UncleLar. What time does this start? We can show up an hour early and have breakfast and if someones late too bad. As long as our stomachs are full!

But in reality getting everyone to actually show up on time is a joke. And if you have any plans on parking together then get yer butts there on time.

UncleLar
02-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Okay,today I spoke to Toby Ristau at JC Whitney.He is the retail outlet operations manager and a nice guy.He even knows what a MM is.He'd love to see some supercharged cars out there and ones with the various superchargers,like the Trilogy,Vortech,Procharger,etc .
At first when I mentioned Crown Vic.net he thought I meant restored marked cop cars but was enthusiastic when I told him most of the cars were unmarked cars but full police specs and most had been modified since passing into our hands.
He needs to know how many cars are going to show up so he can try to set aside space for us to all park together.I gave him a rough guess that maybe as many as 50 cars may show up.That's a rough guess because I'm dealing with 3 web sites,have never tried doing this before,and am trying to find a place to move to and my ditz of a landlady keeps jacking me around not giving me a definite date to move by,plus I still have health issues to deal with.So I've got my hands full but I'm keeping my head above water so far.
Now,what I need from you guys is to let me know for absolute certain by Saturday April 18 who is coming. I have to let him know then how many cars are coming so he can try to set aside enough room for us all.
Also,we'll need to get there early,I believe they'll start letting entries in at 8 or 8:30 AM.If we want to park together it would help to get there together, If you snooze,you lose.
I'd recommend getting to the Flying J for breakfast early so we'll have time to chow down and BS and then convoy over to JC Whitney.

bigmerc2003
02-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Start up a poll! I will be there

Hacklemerc
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm gonna have to see if I'm working. I would love to come up, its only a 3hr 40min drive from my house to Lasalle. Going to have to do some checking....

Zack
02-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Eat at the Flying J?

Wow, that would be a new low for me.

UncleLar
02-26-2009, 01:34 PM
That's funny,I've eaten there 2 or 3 times and the food was pretty decent Did you have a bad experience at this one?.Seriously,if you got bad food or the like from this Flying J please speak up. I'm not being a smart a$$,but if for some reason you just don't like their menu or the like you don't have to eat there but you could still meet up with us there.I'm not twisting anybody's arm on where to eat,I'm only offering a suggestion,I ain't getting a commission.I'm just doing the best I can and I have no prior experience in trying to set something like this up.I'm sure I'm going to make some mistakes,so if I do and you catch them,please let me know.I hope you're able to make it out there,we both go back to the old days when the Chicken Meets were at Del Rhea's, the food & service was good there and we could still buy brand new MM's off dealers lots.

Zack
02-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry Lar, Im just basing that statement off of the toothless hillbillies working there and the fist fight I witnessed in the other one I was in.

UncleLar
02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh,cool,live entertainment at no extra charge,lol.
I haven't seen either at this one,and hopefully I won't in the future,old snaggle tooth at the last Chicken Meet at Del Rhea's was way bad enough.

justbob
02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
I can still see her rolling her eyes at you Zack! And just for asking for bread! Dang was she a ugly duckling with an attitude. I'm in on the Flying J.

Quasar3210
02-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Im in. If any of the Wisconsin guys want to meet up and Caravan down we could try and meet up? I am in Milwaukee.

xopher
02-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Im in. If any of the Wisconsin guys want to meet up and Caravan down we could try and meet up? I am in Milwaukee.
I should be around, but I'll have to check my schedule. If I'm free and can go, I'll roll with ya. :beer:

Quasar3210
03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
I found a online link to the registration form for this show.

http://www.3dsound.org/flyers/JCWhitney.pdf

sociopath001
03-24-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm still in

UncleLar
03-24-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm going to post a thread in this forum on Friday,April 10th asking everyone who is certain they are going to attend to add their name. I MUST know by April 18th for sure to let Tony Ristau know how many of us will be attending and showing our cars so he can try to arrange for us to have our own area to display together.

Also I'll be asking who will be coming to the Flying J for breakfast and to meet up to caravan to the show as I might have to warn the people at Flying J to have enough staff and food on hand for us.
So please start finalizing your schedules for May 3rd.

Correction,the date is May 3,2009, not May 5.

xopher
03-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Still sorting out my schedule and finances, but still tentatively interested in coming down.

Do you have a fixed time for breakfast at Flying J?

Pending being able to come, I'm toying around with the idea of coming down Friday camping/hotelling in the La Valle area rather than getting on the road at 6am to drive down and sit on blacktop all day. Any of you Illini have recommendations on indoor or outdoor accomodations within a stone's throw or two of Flying J?

TAKEDOWN
03-24-2009, 07:38 AM
I'll be there!

namllitsdad
03-24-2009, 10:08 AM
I should be around, but I'll have to check my schedule. If I'm free and can go, I'll roll with ya. :beer:

I live in Gurnee and am interested in making the trip and meeting some of my MM brethern.... Keep me posted

UncleLar
03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Still sorting out my schedule and finances, but still tentatively interested in coming down.

Do you have a fixed time for breakfast at Flying J?

Pending being able to come, I'm toying around with the idea of coming down Friday camping/hotelling in the La Valle area rather than getting on the road at 6am to drive down and sit on blacktop all day. Any of you Illini have recommendations on indoor or outdoor accomodations within a stone's throw or two of Flying J?

I'd say if we can get everyone in their cars and get the convoy rolling by 8AM at the latest we should be good to go.I'm hoping to get to the Flying J between 6 and 6:30 AM to leave plenty of time to eat,meet everyone,maybe take some pics and BS in general.

guspech750
03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
sounds like a great time. i think i can make it. ill consider it an early birthday present to me since my birthday is may 9th. i would just like to know where to meet someone or some people and i could follow.

bigmerc2003
03-24-2009, 04:50 PM
UncleLar, should we pre-register or register at the gate? I saw the pre-registraiton form and was going to send it in but dont want to screw up our chances of all parking together! I am there:banana2:

TAKEDOWN
03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
You guys gotta save me a spot, I won't be able to get there till about 10-11ish!

UncleLar
03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
UncleLar, should we pre-register or register at the gate? I saw the pre-registraiton form and was going to send it in but dont want to screw up our chances of all parking together! I am there:banana2:
Let me check and see if they want us to do a pre registration and I'll let you know here.It make take a day or two before I have the opportunity to contact them.

justbob
03-24-2009, 08:24 PM
You guys gotta save me a spot, I won't be able to get there till about 10-11ish!
:shake: Late as usual.:shake: Probably forget to drive the Marauder too.

TAKEDOWN
04-07-2009, 10:13 PM
:shake: Late as usual.:shake: Probably forget to drive the Marauder too.

Up next... the big central meet. I'll be there, just a lil' late. You guys gotta save me a spot!

sociopath001
04-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Let me check and see if they want us to do a pre registration and I'll let you know here.It make take a day or two before I have the opportunity to contact them.

Is there any update on whether we should preregister or register when we get there?

TAKEDOWN
04-07-2009, 10:52 PM
I'll wait, but I'm gonna mail out a registration form by Thursday. Guys... save me a spot will ya!

bigmerc2003
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM
same here, i collect the dash plaques and want to make sure i get one

UncleLar
04-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Is there any update on whether we should preregister or register when we get there?

I just spoke to Toby at JC Whitney and he said please pre register,it will make things easier coming in.
So,everyone Please pre register.

justbob
04-08-2009, 05:51 PM
The link to the pre registration keeps locking up my system!!!!!

Quasar3210
04-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Bob, Its working for me. PM me your email and I will try to forward it. I dunno whats up with it.

Also, For you guys coming from a distance I just reserved a room at the Super 8 motel in Peru, Il. Its about 2.5 miles from the Flying J where we are meeting for breakfast. I booked a room with 2 double beds for 70 bucks.

Quasar3210
04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Guys, If anyone has trouble with the Registration form link I have saved a copy of the Registration form Converted to a Microsoft Word Document. Please PM me if you need it. I attempted to upload it to the site but it is too large. :(

justbob
04-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks Tom! Much better than that PDF file! I shall have it faxed out shortly.

BUCKWHEAT
04-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't mind making my way there. Maybe we can drum up some of the others from around St. Louis and make a good sized convoy?

Yup, there's a nice bar/restaurant at the river just below the dam. Had good ribs. What dates in May. Tell me it ain't Indy 500 weekend!

Quasar3210
04-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Yup, there's a nice bar/restaurant at the river just below the dam. Had good ribs. What dates in May. Tell me it ain't Indy 500 weekend!

The show is May 3rd, 2009. I'm honestly not sure when the Indy 500 is.

UncleLar
04-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Here's a link to the Flying J where we can meet up before hand for breakfast and to convoy in.
We should get the convoy lined up and rolling by 8:30AM.

http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPortalWebProject/flyingjPortal.portal?_nfpb=tru e&_windowLabel=locationAmenities _1_4&locationAmenities_1_4_actionOv erride=%2Fflyingj%2Flocation%2 FlocationAmenitiesPageFlow%2Fg etLocationAmenitiesByTradePart nerId&_pageLabel=flyingjPortal_porta l_page_61&locationAmenities_1_4tradePart nerId=40216

justbob
04-09-2009, 06:34 AM
On these pre registration forms there is three different classes we can use, there is 00-present, 00-present street machine, and Special interest.

So we are all judged together we need to agree on one. I'm going with 00-present street machine. Let me know your decisions before i fax it out tonight.

Quasar3210
04-09-2009, 07:03 AM
Well, I just put H 00 to present but I can always change it. Bob, do you have a fax number to send this too? I was gonna mail mine in.

justbob
04-09-2009, 08:17 AM
http://www.jcwhitney.com/press/releases/jcw/040209_jcw_carshow.shtml

Quasar3210
04-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Also, Which car club are we listing. Crownvic.net or MercuryMarauder.net?

UncleLar
04-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I put 00 and up street machine and I listed MM.Net,CV.Net and MCM for clubs.

Da Dark Jedi
04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
UncleLar, aren't you part of "WindyCity Marauders" and not "MotorCity Marauders" ? We can also put Midwest Marauders. Did anybody give their phone number?

UncleLar
04-09-2009, 03:40 PM
UncleLar, aren't you part of "WindyCity Marauders" and not "MotorCity Marauders" ? We can also put Midwest Marauders. Did anybody give their phone number?
I stand corrected,sort of. I actually listed Windy City Marauders,Mercury Marauder.Net,Crown Vic.Net and Motor City Marauders.
Please put your own phone number where it asks for the phone number.

justbob
04-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I listed my #, and i just put WCM.

bigmerc2003
04-11-2009, 06:19 AM
Just faxed mine over and put WCM, MM.net, MCM.com but put ** around WCM. See you guys there! Only 3 weeks to go, man do I have a LOT of detailing to do:help:

UncleLar
04-17-2009, 04:36 PM
:help:
I need somebody to pinch hit on this for me for at least a week.Tomorrow I'm starting the move and that means no internet until sometime Saturday April 25th.
The help involves collecting a list of everyone who is actually going to show up for sure and getting it into JC Whitney during the week to make sure they can try to have enough parking spots reserved in one area for all of us who will show up. if you can handle that for me I'd appreciate it. If someone tkaes that task on I'll pm them the contact guys name,phone number and email address to let him know how many to count on.Also,you'd have to do it on MCM amd crownvic.net and instill in everyone to make they're coming if they sign up for the show.Oh,darn,we'll also need to know how many will stop at the Flying J and actually eat breakfast so I can find out if they'll need to get more help that morning,so PLEASE don't sign up and not show up or beg off at the last minute,you could make all of us look bad.
Thanks,Lar

Quasar3210
04-17-2009, 10:11 PM
I would totally help Larry but this is hell week at work. I have multiple 16 hour work days. I just think I would do more harm than good as I can't focus my committment on it. If I can be secondary backup and at least play liason with CVN, MCM and here, I will gladly do that. But its gonna be hard for me to find time to organize things with JC Whitney, and thats probably the most important part of all.

UncleLar
04-17-2009, 10:25 PM
It shouldn't be all that hard to do,all that would be required would be to post a poll who is going to be coming to the show by April 23 evening and contact Toby Ristau at JC Whitney Friday morning the 24th and let him know the total number of cars expected to show up from MM.NET and the rest of the sites.He can then try to allocate enough space for all of us together.

Quasar3210
04-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Go ahead and Shoot me a PM with all the info. I'll do my best to make it work. I should be able to post the Poll tomorrow or Sunday afternoon.

justbob
04-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Is this really neccessary Lar? Their parking lot is huge, and if we convoy in this shouldn't be a problem, especially if we have him put us in the back where the "bad kids go".

UncleLar
04-17-2009, 10:48 PM
The total number of cars coming was requested in order to save enough space if possible for all of us to display together.

justbob
04-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Get out of stealth, your freakin me out Lar!

UncleLar
04-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Hmmm,I didn't know about that,but I do now.

PonyUP
04-18-2009, 08:37 AM
You mind if I gallup the pony down there
________
universal health warehouse (http://uhwh.com)

Quasar3210
04-18-2009, 08:43 AM
I certainly don't mind. I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal. The only thing is if they have a more specific Mustang class at JCWhitney they might want you to park it in a different spot.:dunno: But come on down and hang out.

PonyUP
04-18-2009, 09:21 AM
That's as cool as the other side of the pillow
________
marijuana trichomes (http://trichomes.org)