PDA

View Full Version : What to use to stop burnout POOP!

NATEHAWK
10-21-2008, 04:54 PM
What can i use to cover up the side panel and rear side of the bumper to stop :burnout: poop from getting stuck on the car..Saw a guy use some type of sticky plastic, is this something i can buy a roll of at home depot of lowes?

Bluerauder
10-21-2008, 04:56 PM
What can i use to cover up the side panel and rear side of the bumper to stop :burnout: poop from getting stuck on the car..Saw a guy use some type of sticky plastic, is this something i can buy a roll of at home depot of lowes?
Send a PM to 03mmmonroe, he used the easy peel-off plastic sheets on his rear quarter panels at Mason-Dixon Dragway back during MV5 (August 2006). I believe you saw him there.

Joe Walsh
10-21-2008, 04:59 PM
If I think ahead before going to the track, I put a HEAVY coat of wax on the rear bumper areas and DO NOT buff the wax off. (Just let it haze up and dry)
When you get back from the track almost all the rubber will wash/wipe off easily.

knine
10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
A coat of "Pam" works, but then I found the dogs licking my car..............

offroadkarter
10-21-2008, 05:05 PM
3m painters tape

KillJoy
10-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Pam, or any other spray on anti-stick kitchen pan spray.

:up:

KillJoy

TiTo35
10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Mudflaps :d

Umm I didnt type my reply like that ^^^^

ImpalaSlayer
10-21-2008, 05:22 PM
ive also seen the blue painter tape being used

RR|Suki
10-21-2008, 05:57 PM
I just leave it there :banana2: really though it's not THAT hard to get off just have a sponge or something dedicated to the job :D

John Nero
10-21-2008, 06:02 PM

it's a badge of honor(don't worry about it)-just kidding

MarauderTJA
10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
There is a product called "GEDDEX BURNOUT GUARD" that works real well. Comes in a pump spray bottle.

John Nero
10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
There is a product called "GEDDEX BURNOUT GUARD" that works real well. Comes in a pump spray bottle.

going to order it tomorrow

Ken
10-21-2008, 06:19 PM
A coat of "Pam" works, .....My experience with Pam ended horribly. Tried wiping it off before leaving track, left my hands tar black. like it dissolved some of the rubber. Had a heck of a time cleaning my hands.

I stopped one time on the way home from the track and used the do-it-yourself car wash. The high pressure spray took it right off.

Another time, went to Milan Dragway for the last run of the season, then left it parked all winter without washing it off. 'Bout never got the POOP off.

Ken

Glenn
10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Do NOT use PAM. It is almost impossible to get off if left on and the sun bakes it. I have spent hours trying to get baked on PAM off and I still have some on after a year. Go to AZ and buy a can of Shield by Duplicolor. It washes off easily with soap and water.

Glenn :burnout:

Ken
10-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Do NOT use PAM. It is almost impossible to get off if left on and the sun bakes it. I have spent hours trying to get baked on PAM off and I still have some on after a year. Go to AZ and buy a can of Shield by Duplicolor. It washes off easily with soap and water.

Glenn :burnout:Now Ya tell me!!!:D

Thanks

Ken

ckadiddle
10-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Could you use some of that single sticky sided plastic roll stuff that the a/c contractors put down on my floors to protect them when they were tearing out the old oil furnace and installing the new air handler?

knine
10-21-2008, 06:53 PM

Glenn :burnout:
But watching the dogs lick the car is almost as funny as watching them try to get peanut butter off the roofs of their mouths.

ImpalaSlayer
10-21-2008, 07:09 PM
wonder if some of that "temporary" paint would work

2ndMDRebel
10-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Man, that's my redneck undercoating! Seriously, since starting racing a few years back I've left it there and my bumper doesn't have a spot of rust on it!

ctrlraven
10-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I just wax the area real good (apply, haze, buff off) and after each run I just run a rag across it all and it comes right off.

Bigdogjim
10-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Wax is the quick and cheap way:)

red
10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Same stuff I use. Works well for me. Painter's tape also works, but looks silly and takes too much time to put on. I agree with Glenn that cooking spray should be avoided. Don't remember the brand I used, but whatever was in it combined with the conditions (possibly the burning rubber) screwed up some of my bumper paint.

Vortech347
10-27-2008, 08:34 AM
If you do use cooking spray make sure you get it off quickly!! It stained the hell out of my rear bumper on my stang. I had to spend 2 hours waxing it out...

Egon Spengler
10-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Vaseline works really well... seriously... recommended by an old racer I know

DTRMiguel
10-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Ive heard Vaseline by a few racers :up:

Paul T. Casey
11-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Man, that's my redneck undercoating! Seriously, since starting racing a few years back I've left it there and my bumper doesn't have a spot of rust on it!

About my take on this issue.