PDA

View Full Version : Roll Bar in my Marauder

MarauderTJA
10-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Roll bar came out like it was from the factory. With the windows up you can hardly see the bar. Very clean installation. Anthony at Race Car Builders in Palm City, Florida did an outstanding job. Made a template for others if interested. PM me for phone number and details.

Here are some pictures. Forget to get a picture with the removable drivers side bar.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/MarauderTJA/RollBar1.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/MarauderTJA/RollBar3Sunroof.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/MarauderTJA/RollBar6Side.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/MarauderTJA/Harness.jpg

All ready for SSHS8....no more getting kicked off the track.

CROWNMARAUDER
10-21-2008, 05:39 PM
That rollbar is really nicely done.

ImpalaSlayer
10-21-2008, 05:46 PM
thats pretty sweet man now what you think you can run?

jdando
10-21-2008, 05:47 PM
very nice! Where did you mount the anti-submarine (crotch) belt? I would love to have a 5-point harness for the road course.

KillJoy
10-21-2008, 05:48 PM
THAT is DAMN sexy Tom!!!!!

:up:

KillJoy

justbob
10-21-2008, 05:51 PM
That looks realy nice.

MarauderTJA
10-21-2008, 05:53 PM
thats pretty sweet man now what you think you can run?

The plan is considerably lower than my present personal best:rolleyes:

MarauderTJA
10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
very nice! Where did you mount the anti-submarine (crotch) belt? I would love to have a 5-point harness for the road course.

Simpson Quik release belt. Available from Jegs or Summit. Shoulder straps on back of bar behind seat and the rest bolted through the floor. All NHRA approved.

MarauderTJA
10-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks Steve and Bob...I'm real very pleased on how it all came out.

Bluerauder
10-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Here are some pictures. Forget to get a picture with the removable drivers side bar.
Looks good Tom. I was gonna ask if they ran the bars down next to the driver's and passenger seat like 2ndMDRebels set up.

SC Cheesehead
10-21-2008, 06:35 PM
SWEET installation Tom!

Looking forward to seeing the set-up up close and personal at SSHS8.

2ndMDRebel
10-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Looks very familiar... and very nicely done! Did you get the swingouts on both sides or just the driver's? I noticed after getting mine done there was a bit of a resonance noise from the vibrations in the frame transmitting through the rollbars, noticeable but not annoying. Best wishes on some great runs at SSHS8... get deep in the 10s... show those trailer queens what a true street beast can do!

offroadkarter
10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Looks awesome Tom!

1stMerc
10-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Urh, Hmmm That a boy Tom. Resistance is futile. You will become one.... with the 9's.

Looks d**n good. Go get um.

FordNut
10-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Looks good. I'd like to see how it attaches to the frame (side or top). I have an idea on a removeable bar...

Blackmobile
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Setup looks like it was suppose to be there. So Tom, what else were you NOT going to do to the MM? :rolleyes:

Looks good. I'd like to see how it attaches to the frame (side or top). I have an idea on a removeable bar...

Brian, if you come up with anymore modifications your Marauder will be in the next Transformer movie.

Bigdogjim
10-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Nice job! Very clean looking.....:up:

SID210SA
10-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Tom,

Will the roll bar interfere with the side airbags?

magindat
10-22-2008, 05:31 AM
Tom,

Will the roll bar interfere with the side airbags?

No. The bags blow forward from the side of the seat - no interference since the down bar is behind the seat.

MarauderTJA
10-22-2008, 05:55 AM
The driver side bar bolts in at the rear hoop and floor. He fabricated the bar around the arm rest and welded in the floor point back a bit so my foot does not hit it getting in and out of the car. It will be out of the car 99% of the time and that was a priority. You guys will like it once you see it in person. Driving the car you would never know there was a roll bar in the car.

TooManyFords
10-22-2008, 05:58 AM
I really like this!

Did they take measurements for a halo bar and such to turn the kit into a 12-point cage?

Even if they did not, it would be a good starting point for a 12-point.

Well done.

MarauderTJA
10-22-2008, 06:03 AM
Setup looks like it was suppose to be there. So Tom, what else were you NOT going to do to the MM? :rolleyes:

Brian, if you come up with anymore modifications your Marauder will be in the next Transformer movie.

Everything is complete with my Marauder even the hood and paint job. NOTHING ELSE IS LEFT TO BE DONE. I was hesitating for months on doing the roll bar. But after seeing some pictures of the clean installs of bars I said, "what the heck." And I have NO regrets at all.

MarauderTJA
10-22-2008, 06:04 AM
I really like this!

Did they take measurements for a halo bar and such to turn the kit into a 12-point cage?

Even if they did not, it would be a good starting point for a 12-point.

Well done.

Thanks John. The bar can be modified if required. I have gone as far as I am going to go with her powerwise and the like. Shooting for a lower 10 et. She is a street/strip/show car with a full interior and that is how she will stay until I am buried in it.:lol:.

Cobra25
10-22-2008, 06:07 AM
I've seen it in person and it's a very nice and clean job. It came out great!

MarauderTJA
10-22-2008, 06:11 AM
Urh, Hmmm That a boy Tom. Resistance is futile. You will become one.... with the 9's.

Looks d**n good. Go get um.

:eek: I don't think so..............

BlownMerc
10-22-2008, 06:19 AM
Looks incredibly clean, nice job and awesome ride! Good luck at SSHS8!

merc
10-22-2008, 06:47 AM
I am not a fan of the roll bar. Hope to never have this modification installed. On the other hand yours does look pretty good. Could you post a picture of the trunk and the wielded areas.

Master
10-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Which bars are removable? I can't see any that look like they would come out. Can the bar behind the front seats be made as a removable piece and still be compliant? It is a shame to loose the recline functionality if you don't need to.

MarauderTJA
10-22-2008, 08:17 AM
No. The bags blow forward from the side of the seat - no interference since the down bar is behind the seat.

What Rich said^^^

MarauderTJA
10-22-2008, 08:18 AM
I am not a fan of the roll bar. Hope to never have this modification installed. On the other hand yours does look pretty good. Could you post a picture of the trunk and the wielded areas.

Will do, need take a picture with the side bar installed.

MarauderTJA
10-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Which bars are removable? I can't see any that look like they would come out. Can the bar behind the front seats be made as a removable piece and still be compliant? It is a shame to loose the recline functionality if you don't need to.

The only bar that is removable is the side bar on the drivers side. No bar on the passenger as it is not required under NHRA rules. Rear hoop and the cross cannot be removable. The rear bar was put in with the seat all the way back. At 5'8" I can still recline the seat as needed for me. This entire roll bar can be completely removed from the car for $200.00 if I wanted to get it out. Not going to happen. It is functional, enhances safety and looks good.

Pat
10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
She is a street/strip/show car with a full interior and that is how she will stay until I am buried in it.:lol:.

Marauder TJA your car is so perfect, it could be displayed on the stage at a Barret-Jaction auction. That achievement doesn't come by easily, I'm sure.

Looks completely functional with melded form. Your design will be the standard.

You 'da man. :coolman:

Now about those burial arragements, since the car is a four seater, are you taking applications for the other three places? :thinker:

Regards,

MarauderTJA
10-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Marauder TJA your car is so perfect, it could be displayed on the stage at a Barret-Jaction auction. That achievement doesn't come by easily, I'm sure.

Looks completely functional with melded form. Your design will be the standard.

You 'da man. :coolman:

Now about those burial arragements, since the car is a four seater, are you taking applications for the other three places? :thinker:

Regards,

Thanks Pat for the kudos. Maybe Barrett-Jackson someday:depress:. And no applications for the other three spots in the car if I am buried in it.:lol:

MarauderTJA
10-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Pat, are you going to be able to make SSHS8? We need LA Marauders to attend. With the cool weather you will break your personal best. I would be honored to be your coach. Sailsman will be there too. Hope you can make it:beer:

TAKEDOWN
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Definitely tastefully done!

offroadkarter
10-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Everything is complete with my Marauder even the hood and paint job. NOTHING ELSE IS LEFT TO BE DONE.

Sounds good tom, now you can move on to my car :D

n00bkiller944
10-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Looks amazing man!

Vortech347
10-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Get some padding on it if you plan on dailying it. I've seen a few of my friends get MAJOR head injuries with minor accidents because of their cages. I've got it on the 6-point in my fox that I daily durring the summer/spring.

FordNut
10-26-2008, 07:09 AM
I believe padding is required by NHRA in areas where the driver's helmet could make contact, so it would be a lot cleaner looking if the whole thing is padded.

Vortech347
10-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Whats ironic is the folks I know that have cages don't even go to the track.

red
10-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Looks good!

MarauderTJA
10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
I believe padding is required by NHRA in areas where the driver's helmet could make contact, so it would be a lot cleaner looking if the whole thing is padded. I'll have to look into that rule. Totally unaware and nothing was said about mine. I have had padded bars in my Mustangs, but for the Marauder I really don't want to pad it. I do not believe as high as the hoop is my helmet will be anywhere near making contact. But I will check on both counts.