PDA

View Full Version : S/C Install Completed OH BOY!

ChuckB
09-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Wanted to share with the group i finished the Reinhardt / Vortec install on mine last night. when it started it was a bit like hearing the first cry from your baby - and oh baby does this one scream.

the kit was complete, fits well and really looks nice under the hood.

Let it idle in the garage for a bit, checked for leaks and losse anything - all looks good. pull out of the garage onto the street. throttle response MARKEDLY crisper. Easy Chuck your 42 and should have more self control - yeh right. up to the first stop sign all looks clear. slight blip on the throttle results in 2 black stripes thru the intersection and both crosswalks. The xxxx eatin' grin appears and just won't go away. this is good.

OK a little self control here - we're going to try merging on to the freeway. In drive - low gear moving up the merge lane 4500 rpm bilp the throttle a bit more, blink once and the car is sideways in 2nd and i'm mergin' at 75+. This is real good!

Well as long as we're on the freeway might as well mash the throttle just because. OH baby 120 got there really fast with a solid (i mean solid) 2nd to 3rd screach not a chirp. Life is really really good!!

Well better slow it down and head home for dinner. Note to self put on to do list - better brakes. Realizing quickly it accelerates MUCH faster than it stops now.

In the drive, then the garage, shut it off, breath deep - 2nd note to self - Call Dennis and say OH BABY does it work! Just my first impressions but anyone else wanting to make their's work, and i mean work should also call Dennis.

gonzo50
09-12-2003, 10:51 AM
WOW!!!, another Reinhart Vortec, it must be an invasion of the fittest. They're popping up everywhere.
East Coast / West Coast, you can run but you can't hide. :D

amerikan
09-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Awesome man.. numbers would be great :)

jgc61sr2002
09-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Chuck - Congrats way to go.:up:

ChuckB
09-12-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm interested in the dyno results myself. but until i can find some time in this hectic thing called life, seat of the pants will have to surfice. My car and Zack's are almost identical from the motor stand point i would expect to be very simular 430 - 440 rwhp and 380 - 390 rwtq.

heck i've only driven it 30 or so miles with Dennis's kit on it. i hope to get a few more on it this weekend. Anybody have a good line on rear tire's.

Dennis Reinhart
09-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Thank you chuck for your Patients, I am constantly trying to improve my service as well as my products.

Zack
09-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Congrats Chuck.
What should we do next?
Ah yes, Supercharge a red one!!
Get the P-Zero tires, they are awesome, but any supercharged car will broil any tire off. Just an expected expense I guess.

ChuckB
09-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Just got back from a run to the store for BBQ sauce - and a bit of torture for the rear skins. man getting BBQ sauce sure was fun. 100 degrees here and no traction to be found. instead of leaving a trail of bread crumbs - black stripes were much more fun.

Zack,

not the red one! seriously i don't know whats next. i think Dennis is hinting about moving the bar to 550 rwhp - i always say "no replacement for displacement" maybe 5.0, heads, boost.

the next upgrade is going to have to include drive train upgrades, tranny, traction and differential are on the "A" list.
Sounds like a good winter project. a 10 sec MM - man gotta like the sound of that.