PDA

View Full Version : My local Drag Strip Goes Bust

Pat
10-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm saddened to see my local Drag Strip, Red River Raceway, in Gilliam, La. has closed and is for sale.

It hosted a Pinks All Out a few month ago but the weekly attendance wasn't sufficient to support the enterprise.

It was once a first class IHRA then an NHRA 1/4 mile paved drag strip with a huge pit area and bleachers.

The closest ones now are eighty miles away. Some of them are also teetering on the abyss.

If we want to have drags strips we must support them. But times are tough.

lastdaze04
10-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi Pat: Sorry to hear that you nearest dragstip went by the wayside. If ya want to, you can come to the Cherokee County Motorsports park, its only 2-3 years old, has awesome pit area, grill (awesome burgers), and a great 1320. E-mail me when you come up and I will be there to watch.
Would luv to runya but I have a messed up head, its down to 70psi on one cylinder and 120 on another both on the same side. Right now in this weather would be a perfect time, nice, dry and cool.....:D Anyway maybe see ya soon.

Rick:beer:

Local Boy
10-25-2008, 08:20 PM
I feel ya Pat...

Ours closed back in '06...

There are NO others on the island...

Major BUMMED...

ALOHA

Pat
10-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Pat: Sorry to hear that you nearest dragstip went by the wayside. If ya want to, you can come to the Cherokee County Motorsports park.....right now in this weather would be a perfect time, nice, dry and cool.....:D Anyway maybe see ya soon.
Rick:beer:

Hey Rick, I was looking at the CPMS web site and it looks that they will be open every Suday in November.

I have to get to a track soon to verify that my new trany shift schedule will fix my slow 60' time.

Thanks for the invite, Maybe the 9th, I'll email you first.

Regards,

TAKEDOWN
10-25-2008, 10:26 PM
What another one! Jeeezzzz... there goes all the fun!

J D
10-25-2008, 10:39 PM
They're going the way of the drive-in, it would seem.

Vortech347
10-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Our track here is crap....

It will go out of business because of management, not lack of people.