PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storage

xopher
10-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Wisconsinites and fellow snowdrifters: What do you guys do with yours during the winter? Sharing details about specific covers, stands, or whatever would be great for those gearing up for the off-season.

:help:
Also, I'm actively in the market again for storage, as I have no garage, and craigslist has some ok spots, but nothing knocking my socks off. I paid way too much for storage last year, so I'm actively in the market for something more frugal. I would prefer not dirt floors, sealed from critter access (spiders ok), occasional (~monthly/) access and less than an hour drive from downtown Milwaukee. If you have something in mind or know someone who does, please PM me and let me know.

WPG_Merc
10-27-2008, 06:56 PM
I have the MM stored at a friend's place.I used STABIL gas treatment & a indoor car cover as the grarage will be heated during the cold winter's up here. :)

CRUZTAKER
10-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Well...I am not from Wisconsin but we have similar off seasons.

I personally change the oil, top it off with 94 and fuel stabilizer.
I park it on slaps of plywood, cover the wheels and cover the car.
I have a California car cover now, not shown in the pic.
I also throw shipping blankets over the cover.

I have an automatic trickle charger on at all times as well.

I start it and run it weekly over the winter, and if we have a dry day with no salt on the roads I may take it around the block slowly.

That's about it for 5 winters now.

fairlane347
10-28-2008, 04:44 AM
Wisconsinites and fellow snowdrifters: What do you guys do with yours during the winter? Sharing details about specific covers, stands, or whatever would be great for those gearing up for the off-season.

:help:
Also, I'm actively in the market again for storage, as I have no garage, and craigslist has some ok spots, but nothing knocking my socks off. I paid way too much for storage last year, so I'm actively in the market for something more frugal. I would prefer not dirt floors, sealed from critter access (spiders ok), occasional (~monthly/) access and less than an hour drive from downtown Milwaukee. If you have something in mind or know someone who does, please PM me and let me know.

What are you looking to pay? There are a couple U-stores in town but they are near $100 I think.

Bradley G
10-28-2008, 04:49 AM
Mine might get some garage space this winter.
Till I have to be somewhere.

rayjay
10-28-2008, 08:51 AM
From Cruztaker: I have an automatic trickle charger on at all times as well.

FWIW, one of these shorted out at a local guy's garage three weeks ago taking the entire garage and contents to the ground. Fully involved before the FD was on scene. The contents? TWO 57 Chevys, one concourse restored and one award winning hot rodded. Plus thousands of dollars in rare parts. BE CAREFUL with those things...