PDA

View Full Version : Any Groups Up Here In Kansas City?

Monsignor
10-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I was just wondering I know we have a few Marauders owners up here. Are there any clubs in the KCMO area?

Glockafella
04-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Looks like me and you are going to be starting one soon huh?

JUST 1BULLITT
04-20-2009, 08:03 PM
You know I'm game! :D BE much obliged! GOOD to "know/meet" you guys. Man, our weather has been crap of late but the next big show I'm going to for sure is the ShelbyFest down in Hermann, MO IF You're interested go hit "ShelbyFest.com" and it gives you all the detail; a BUNCH of Mustanger guys are convoying with me from R & A Motorsports at Noon this Friday the 24th to Hermann (St. Louis) MO...you have to register to show your car/participate; but should be a huge show and lots of fun.

Otherwise, keep me posted on Events you guys want to try around here locally! :banana2::bandit::banana::cool man:

THANKS!

Glockafella
04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
There is a car show in Liberty every last Sat of the month @ the downtown Liberty Square. I might hit that up this weekend.

Although it might rain...:bigcry:

Glockafella
04-20-2009, 08:40 PM
You know I'm game! :D BE much obliged! GOOD to "know/meet" you guys. Man, our weather has been crap of late but the next big show I'm going to for sure is the ShelbyFest down in Hermann, MO IF You're interested go hit "ShelbyFest.com" and it gives you all the detail; a BUNCH of Mustanger guys are convoying with me from R & A Motorsports at Noon this Friday the 24th to Hermann (St. Louis) MO...you have to register to show your car/participate; but should be a huge show and lots of fun.

Otherwise, keep me posted on Events you guys want to try around here locally! :banana2::bandit::banana::cool man:

THANKS!

I would be down for that but I have to work Friday night. :flamer:

JUST 1BULLITT
04-21-2009, 10:15 PM
OK, BUMMER but I totally understand work getting in the way of FunTime! :bandit: So, what part of the area are you from exactly? How long you owned yours?? (I had my White CVPI in for Service at the Ford Dealer in Leavenworth a few weeks ago and a young guy came in w/ a MM for some problems with odd NOISES under his hood....I tried BSing w/ him but he was understandably more worried about his car getting fixed than chatting...I HAD to get to work myself that morning or else I would've hung out more...NOT that this mighta been YOU but maybe you know the guy...or can keep your eyes peeled for him...Small World...)

Take care,

John

Glockafella
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
I just got mine on the 13th, lol and I'm from liberty.

stangracr
04-21-2009, 10:29 PM
I live north of the river. Anyone interested in getting together and going to liberty or belton cruise this weekend. Belton is the best but liberty is much closer for most of us. I work till 6 on saturday but would still like to meet up and park together at one of the cruises.

ed

Glockafella
04-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Dang it! I am working 7pm-10pm (overtime) on Sat! I was worried about being able to see the draft and nothing else when I signed up for it.

I think it will be a rainy mess anywho,

***Windy with possible thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 60s.***

stangracr
04-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Okay well if anyone wants to meet up sometime just let me know.

ed

highoctanecobra
04-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Just bought a Marauder. Would be up for getting together.

Glockafella
04-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Whered you buy it from? I just got mine from Gary Crossley in Liberty

JUST 1BULLITT
04-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey Guys,
SORRY been off the net a lot lately; went to ShelbyFest in Hermann, MO - good time w/ lots of good cars. (EXCEPT no MM's though...:() I'll be up for a Cruise for sure one of these weekends. FYI...over in Topeka the Saturday of May 9th there's a HUGE cruise downtown...streets blocked off, BUT they tell me it's for '79 & Older only...STILL might be cool to check out some neat cars; I'm making plans to go...

Take care all & WELCOME to the new guys & CONGRATS on your Marauders! :D:beer:

highoctanecobra
04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I bought mine from a guy in Lenexa. No mods when purchased, but I put on the K&N already.
I love the way it drives, handles and accelerates.

I make sales calls in lLiberty and actually looked at your car. Additionally there is one at Rob Sight on hwy 150 (Martin City) that has 132K miles, I looked at.

Hopefully this summer we can all get together.

I live in southern O.P. down 69 hwy on 151st street.

Glockafella
04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I just spent a couple hours scrubing and polishing my tips, you guys better bring your A game when we meet up!

Glockafella
04-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I bought mine from a guy in Lenexa. No mods when purchased, but I put on the K&N already.
I love the way it drives, handles and accelerates.

I make sales calls in lLiberty and actually looked at your car. Additionally there is one at Rob Sight on hwy 150 (Martin City) that has 132K miles, I looked at.

Hopefully this summer we can all get together.

I live in southern O.P. down 69 hwy on 151st street.

Yeah it sat for 4 months @ Crossleys, I was in and out of there a couple times trying to work a deal. However they refused to fix the howling rear end for a long time, they finally agreed to fix it and give me what I wanted on my 2000 4X4 XLT Ranger and it worked out great. Car needed a little TLC but if you saw it now, you wouldnt think it was the same car.

highoctanecobra
04-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Yea mine needs alot of TLC. Nothing major, just lots of little things (the center console was broke, FM doesn't work, fog light needs replaced, power pedals broken, shifter handle loose, etc)
But it was always garaged, no door dings and runs great.

I will be polishing it up soon.

What mods are you going to do?

I am pretty happy with the handling. But I think I will replace the slipping differential and put in 4.10 while I am in there.

Modifing the valve body very soon.

My job is outdoor sales, so I am all over KC, I may see you around.

Bill

Glockafella
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Mine is stock other than some Good Eagle F1 GS-D3's Got the oversized 255/55ZR18s in the rear, can really hold the road, especially in the rain! Winter wil be a different story however...

Been thinking bout doing a cold air intake, but kinda like the stock engine being left alone.

Today I was crusin road North Oak and actually had a small race with a Green Convertable Mustang Cobra, Kept up but got beat. His sounded real mean but didnt really impress me that much. I got a lot of thumbs up at the next intercection from various other drivers. LOL They were pulling for me ;-)

Glockafella
04-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Well, i did it. Ordered a JLT CAI today. I just couldnt justify spending the extra change on the K&N. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

sd8683
04-29-2009, 01:44 PM
I was in Grain valley MO just off highway 70 for 2 weeks! I didn't see a single Marauder the WHOLE time I was there. It made me sad:(

Glockafella
04-29-2009, 01:47 PM
LOL I never saw one till I bought mine, the next day I saw one lol

MyTMerc
04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Any fun car or other events happening next week? I'm going to be at a aircraft convention in downtown KC from this Sunday through Friday. I'll be driving a rental:( Sounds like I'm going to miss the big cruise the following week.

Glockafella
05-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Wake up KC RAUDERS!

JUST 1BULLITT
05-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Yeah, we've got to keep/GET some momentum up around here...the season HAS begun for sure! SORRY I missed the Belton Cruise; I was out of town for a wedding. I'll be busting my SB MM out SOON and getting out and about. I have to head in it to Southern Va in fact next weekend so I'll be away from KC again for a couple weeks....I'll try to check in more often!

Glockafella
05-24-2009, 08:14 PM
We will need to overflow Belton with MMs this summer, at least once would be fun