Bradley G
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
I just ordered a pair of cheapie rear rotors for the Marauder
from;
http://www.autopartsplace.com/
Free shipping orders over $50.00

Stranger in the Black Sedan
11-06-2008, 02:03 PM
It's not hard to find cheap chinese rotors -- quality is what I'd be using to qualify them on a car this heavy

Bradley G
11-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I just got these shipped the other day.
I took them out of the carton , they looked fine.
We'll see how they perform.

It's not hard to find cheap chinese rotors -- quality is what I'd be using to qualify them on a car this heavy

larryo340
11-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Got mine from ebay, seller in California. I don't know where they were made. I've had them on the car for two years about 30K with no complaints, and they do get a workout :D

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/5/0/2/6/aaa001.jpg

Paul
11-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Rotors are not in stock if searched under the MM. But search under Grand Marquis and they are found for $28.80 ea. (rear). The part # shown is N1000-129318. Google search that part # and it is for Brembo rotors. Is that quality good enough...

Bradley G
11-07-2008, 10:26 AM
The carton did not have any markings,
But again they look real nice.
Rotors are not in stock if searched under the MM. But search under Grand Marquis and they are found for $28.80 ea. (rear). The part # shown is N1000-129318. Google search that part # and it is for Brembo rotors. Is that quality good enough...

justbob
11-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Got mine from ebay, seller in California. I don't know where they were made. I've had them on the car for two years about 30K with no complaints, and they do get a workout :D

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/5/0/2/6/aaa001.jpg
Those look just like my new Race concepts from ebay/california. Glad to hear there holding up.

larryo340
11-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Those look just like my new Race concepts from ebay/california. Glad to hear there holding up.

I just checked and found that I got mine from seller "r1concepts" in October '06

Stranger in the Black Sedan
11-18-2008, 10:04 AM
You just know you are getting quality when they come in an un branded box. All of the rotors look like that, fly by night operations buy budget cores and run CNC on them and bingo, $$ value magically increased due to *perceived* increase in value to the customer. And it didn't cost much in time or machining to probably double what they paid in bulk for value rotors.

The work fine, I have a set like them on my car, but when I made some phone calls after getting the classic non marked boxes, and I tracked down the manufacturer of the cores (in my case the cores that the 3rd party that CNC's "Rotor Pros" ebay cheapo rotors), they knew exactly what cores were used because I still had inked on part #s visible under the cheesy cad plating. They were cheapest-available value rotors. These rotors are NOT dynamically balanced -- note the lack of machined flats on the ends which would indicate a balanced rotor. Any good quality rotor will be balanced (OE are all balanced). They may hold up fine. All depends on what you expect. The slots and holes on a value rotor is doing absolutely nothing to increase its effectiveness. If you did longevity and stopping distance tests on a budget chinese plain rotor and a fly by night CNC'd budget chinese rotor I'm sure you'd fine almost zero difference (other than increasing the wear on your pads and making the rotor more prone to wear unevenly around the holes)

larryo340
11-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Mine came in green and white boxes and were labeled. I still have the boxes in storage holding the my oem rotors. Next time I get to the storage place I'll try to take pictures for you.

I noticed a night and day difference compared to the original rotors. The stopping power was noticebly shorter although I didn't break out the tape measure, but after driving the car very hard you were able to touch the wheels which were just warm as compared to stock rotors the wheels where untouchable without buring your bare hands.

My results were in no way scientific, but I'm satisfied.