PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Petersen's Automotive Museum--PLEASE READ!

studio460
09-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Parking at Petersen's Automotive Museum--PLEASE READ!

Good news: The model has been booked! "Arianna" will be there in a bikini and high heels. I hope enough of you pony up the $10 for the photo, because I will owe her $100 when she shows up (this is a deal--swimwear and lingerie modeling is typically DOUBLE the model's standard rate of $100-$150 an hour!).

Not so good news: Although I booked our "tour" weeks ago and was told we would be able to park on the third level, since then, a large Mustang car club "bought" the third level parking ($500) for a 30-car, 150-person event occuring the same Sunday from 9:00AM to 4:00PM. We reserved a tour, they scheduled an "event" (i.e., they paid real money). So at this point we are left with levels 1 or 2, which are completely covered and not good for photos.

So, here are our options:

1. I call the parking guys tomorrow (Saturday) and beg to let us onto the fourth-level parking, which is totally exposed to the sun, which we need for the photos.

2. Re-park either before or after the tour at the LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) parking lot on THEIR third level ($5.00 all day) which is USUALLY not that crowded. The LACMA parking lot is fairly close to the museum on S. Ogden Dr. (two short blocks east of Fairfax, 1/2 block north of Wilshire). If we go with this option, I may push the model's booking a bit later. Will let you all know here.

3. Wait until 4:00PM, reschedule the model for 4:30PM, and use the third-level parking (assuming the exposed part of the third level has cleared by then).

4. Ask the Mustang guys if they would let us use some of their space. I wouldn't count on this unless I got a confirmation of this on Saturday from someone representing the group.

KEEP WATCHING THIS THREAD. I WILL POST THE RESPONSE FROM THE PETERSEN'S PARKING GUY AND/OR MUSTANG CLUB AS SOON AS I CAN GET AN ANSWER BACK TOMORROW (SATURDAY, SEPT. 13).

If anyone misses the updated posts, I will leave instructions with the parking booth attendant. Remember, if you are driving a Mercury Marauder, PARKING IS FREE. Just mention to the attendant that you are with the "Mercury Marauder" car club. Thanks for your support, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

JamesHecker
09-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Wow Shooter, you sure are doing a lot to make this a success! Not to worry, we won't let you get stuck with the model's tab.

I would hope not to schedule for later in the day. I hope the Stang club accomadates us. After all...it's not like we drive chevy's or sumthin'. j/k

I'll check back here tomorrow to see what time we are supposed to be there.

If anybody wants to contact me, I can be reached at
661-295-7030xt 734.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday.

studio460
09-13-2003, 11:30 AM
I am supposed to talk to Ray Salim at Petersen 323-964-6327 who is in charge of event parking, but he isn't in until later this afternoon (Saturday). Will post update as soon as I talk to him. Thanks.

studio460
09-13-2003, 07:33 PM
Attendant, Bunnard Rose will be manning the parking booth at Petersen's tomorrow (Sunday). According to Bunnard, the Mustang club has both the third and fourth level parking lots and he thinks that the fire marshall will close traffic to those lots after all the Mustangs are parked (I think by 9:00AM). I could not obtain a contact for the Mustang club. So, it's unlikely we will be able to park there (Bunnard said he would see if we could get on the fourth level, but he wasn't too encouraging). Also, he told me that even if we were able to get to the fourth level, no one could leave until after 4:00PM. So . . .

We can all meet as planned and park on the second level (which is completely covered). We are allowed to block off group spaces on the second level, but not the first level, IF we are there early enough (approx. 9:30AM). I would suggest the west-facing spaces. However, there could be a LOT of visitors due to the relatively large Mustang event and spaces may be tight! In any case . . .

If you'd like a head's up on last-minute parking status/arrangements tomorrow (Sunday) before you arrive, the phone number to Bunnard's booth at the Petersen lot is 323.964.6330. Tell him you are with the Mercury Marauder club that NBC Shooter told him about and ask where we are parked (probably somewhere on the second level).

Therefore, I suggest . . .

After the tour, we REPARK at the LACMA parking lot ($5.00), third level. Seems to be ample spaces about the time we would be reparking (3:00-3:30PM). The east side of the lot offers a nice tree-lined background for photos.

To get to LACMA from Petersen's, go east two short blocks on Wilshire, turn left (north) on S. Ogden Dr., turn left into the third driveway of the LACMA parking structure.

I will post another update tonight (Saturday night, late).

studio460
09-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Maybe it's a better idea is to park for the entire day at the LACMA lot (which will be relatively UNCROWDED in comparison) and forget the Petersen's lot altogether. It's probably about a 5-minute walk to Petersen's from there. What do you all think?

Matt Johnson
09-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Sounds like LACMA is the best bet. Are you going to shoot pictures before or after the tour?

studio460
09-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Well, hopefully, LACMA's okay with everyone. I'll leave word with the parking lot guy for those that won't see this post.

I scheduled the model for 3:00PM, after the tour. One of the reasons is that the light gets better as the sun drops lower in the sky. Hope that's not too late in the afternoon for everyone.

Matt Johnson
09-13-2003, 09:34 PM
See everyone at 3 at the LACMA lot - I'm going to skip the tour.

Directedby
09-13-2003, 11:07 PM
Shooter -

Where should we meet. At Peterson's Entrance at 2:00 PM?

RocketCouch
09-14-2003, 09:37 AM
So it looks like the plan is we meet at Petersons, then later go to LACMA. See you all there around 12

studio460
09-14-2003, 11:06 AM
BUNNARD IS LETTING US ON THE FOURTH FLOOR!!!

Matt Johnson
09-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Guys, I'm sick about missing this today - literally. Woke up with nasty respiratory illness with fever. Please fill me in on the stories and send me a group picture. I'll try to make the next one.

studio460
09-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Matt:

You were definitely missed! Hope you're feeling better. Wish I could see your face when you see the bikini pics you missed out on! We'll see ya at the next one, buddy--take care!

JamesHecker
09-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Ok Matt...we all had agreed to give you a really hard time about being a no show today:D

But since your playing the "sick" card. Looks like we have to let you off the hook!

Just make sure you make the next one:D

(p.s. hope you feel better. Half my office and two of my sons have whatever that is that's going around. Sounds like it sucks.)