PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

mossiehorn
10-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Just picked up my black 03 last night. I didn't sleep well at all!
Can someone tell me how to read the vin so I can get the build date and number?

TAKEDOWN
10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Look for "RoyLPita" then send a private message to him with your VIN # so he can give you the breakdown. Congrats on the New/used car and Welcome to the site! ENJOY!!!

Rockettman
10-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Welcome! Had mine come up from Florida 1 year ago. There's quite the organization on here. It's priceless for info and stuff.
I'm in Etobicoke. Contact me anytime.
Have fun!!!!

scruff
10-29-2008, 12:49 PM
welcome aboard brother

Bradley G
10-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Your Vin is located on a stamping is drivers side bottom corner of the windshield affixed to the dash.
The other spot is on the sticker, inside the drivers door jamb.

larryo340
10-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Your Vin is located on a stamping is drivers side bottom corner of the windshield affixed to the dash.

I'm pretty sure he wanted to decipher the VIN not the location of it ;).

justbob
10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase.

UncleLar
10-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Welcome aboard,hopefully you've just taken the first step to a long and happy relationship with your MM and the MM community.There are a whole bunch of good people here that are willing to help out with questions and problems.If you have a particular question try the search feature first and then if you can't get a satisfactory answer by all means post a thread asking for help.
Please also put the year and model,either 300A or 300B in your signature to make it easier for people to help you.And post some pics of your new car and tell us how and where you got it and what made you decide to get it.

jgc61sr2002
10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Congrats and welcome aboard.:D:welcome1:

QWK SVT
10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey-hey! Another local!!! Welcome aboard :beer:

Bradley G
10-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh , Ok I can help with that too.
I can't log on from home though.

SC Cheesehead
10-30-2008, 04:30 AM
Can someone tell me how to read the vin so I can get the build date and number?

Look for "RoyLPita" then send a private message to him with your VIN # so he can give you the breakdown. Congrats on the New/used car and Welcome to the site! ENJOY!!!

+1 on PM'img RLP with the VIN, he can get you the build date and sequence number, both by year and by color. He can also run you and OASIS report on the car.

Oh , Ok I can help with that too.
I can't log on from home though.

Send it to Bradley G as well, and he can de-code the VIN to provide additional info on the car.

On, almost forgot, :welcome1:

Taemian
10-30-2008, 05:29 AM

Yeah, I think he knows that!;) Another Canuck joins the fold. Welcome aboard!

Rockettman
10-30-2008, 05:45 AM
Ok..ok...here goes a dumb question. What is the 300A & B designation? What does this mean? Mine is an '04.

mossiehorn
10-30-2008, 10:18 AM
thanks for the great welcome guys! I'll send the vin along ASAP. I'm picking up the original sales sheet and other papers tonight as well. I'm sure looking forward to owning this beastie if I can kep the boss lady out of it.
Will post pic's when I get some, I may play hooky tomorrow amd spent some quality with the Merc

Bradley G
11-03-2008, 06:20 PM
E-mail sent for oasis report.
I have been in auto retail sales for 20 years, I've had people ask me where the vin is located.:razz:

SC Cheesehead
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Ok..ok...here goes a dumb question. What is the 300A & B designation? What does this mean? Mine is an '04.

Use the search function, there are PAGES of posts on the subject.

Short version: '03's had 300A and 300B designations.

All '04's are 300A.

MM03MOK
11-04-2008, 06:41 AM

Use the search function, there are PAGES of posts on the subject.

Short version: '03's had 300A and 300B designations.

All '04's are 300A.
Yep. We even have a stickied thread in the Community Discussion forum.

Rockettman
11-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Found it. Thanx all. :)

GetMeMyStogie
11-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Quite honestly, after reading the entire 300A vs. 300B sticky posting, I've come to the conclusion that the A/B designation is pretty much meaningless, at least to me. Perhaps it made a difference to a handful of factory workers, or pencil pushers at Ford, but in the real world of today, it seems to have no useful meaning.

To say "Mine is an '03 300A, so it has so-and-so feature", or "Yours must be a 300B, because it is lacking the 'XYZ' feature" is probably going to be wrong. Or, it will be met with "Are you sure, because it does have the 'defining 300A' feature?".

The differences indicated on the 300A/300B sticky are quite few - when I want someone to know I have a particular feature, I'll mention said feature explicitly, instead of stating "Mine's a 300A, so you know what that means".

Incidentally, mine is a Canadian Marauder - these are discussed a little bit in the sticky thread, but no details of Canadian Marauders made it to the initial post. Mine has seats with map pockets, and traction control - according to the sticky, it's not a 300A, or a 300B, nor is it 'decontented'.

The point I'm trying to make is don't use 300A or 300B when discussing issues with your Marauder - it's probably going to hinder, not help.

That's my $0.02

Rockettman
11-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Here!!! Here!!! :cheer:
Mine has tires (4 of them), seats, and a trunk. Does it really sound much different than an A or B???

:beatnik:

Bradley G
11-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Good points, and now some members have continued to blur the line between "A's" & "B's" by modding them further.
After you get comfortable with these variances, it becomes more meaningful and less like discrepancies.

Quite honestly, after reading the entire 300A vs. 300B sticky posting, I've come to the conclusion that the A/B designation is pretty much meaningless, at least to me. Perhaps it made a difference to a handful of factory workers, or pencil pushers at Ford, but in the real world of today, it seems to have no useful meaning.

To say "Mine is an '03 300A, so it has so-and-so feature", or "Yours must be a 300B, because it is lacking the 'XYZ' feature" is probably going to be wrong. Or, it will be met with "Are you sure, because it does have the 'defining 300A' feature?".

The differences indicated on the 300A/300B sticky are quite few - when I want someone to know I have a particular feature, I'll mention said feature explicitly, instead of stating "Mine's a 300A, so you know what that means".

Incidentally, mine is a Canadian Marauder - these are discussed a little bit in the sticky thread, but no details of Canadian Marauders made it to the initial post. Mine has seats with map pockets, and traction control - according to the sticky, it's not a 300A, or a 300B, nor is it 'decontented'.

The point I'm trying to make is don't use 300A or 300B when discussing issues with your Marauder - it's probably going to hinder, not help.

That's my $0.02

RoyLPita
11-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

Canadasvt
11-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Welcome from one Burlingtonian to another. I think this makes it about 6 MM's in our little city now.

Aren Jay
12-04-2008, 07:59 PM
.............................. ........

Bluerauder
12-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Congrats and welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net. Hope you sleep pattern is back to normal again. How's that Marauder Grin :D coming along now?

Marawder
12-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Welcome to the fold! Nice to see another local entry - even if you're on the other side of the city!:P There are plenty of us around. It's funny....I can go 2 months without seeing one, then I get 4 of them coming into the dealership for one reason or another (one unfortunate soul got clobbered, but our bodyshop did a fantastic job and it's better than new now) in the space of 2 weeks.

They're a ton of fun, and with decent rubber for the winter, are no problem to get around in. Contact us other Canadians anytime.:beer:

SID210SA
12-05-2008, 08:58 AM

Left to right? :dunno: :D

Aren Jay
12-14-2008, 02:25 PM
.............................. .

TAKEDOWN
12-14-2008, 06:13 PM

That's my $0.02

I agree, and at the end of it all... I OWN A MERCURY MARAUDER!!!