PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVIC-F900BT/ AVIC-F90BT/ AVIC-F700BT / AVIC-F7010BT Firmware Update

illwood
10-30-2008, 05:38 AM
I just wanted to send a heads up that Pioneer is releasing a firmware update for these models.

Here are the claims:

This firmware update (version 2.0) contains important performance improvements relating to, among other things:

* Boot-up time
* Bluetooth connectivity (including certain Blackberry models)
* iPod Touch (v2.0) compatibility
* Touch screen response
* Display brightness
* SD and USB media playback.

Here is the link to update instructions and software: Pioneer Update (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Navigation/AVIC+F-Series+Firmware+Update+Downloa d)

I'm going to install this a lunch time and post back to this thread with my impressions of the update.

Pops
10-30-2008, 05:48 AM
Thanks for getting this up! This was on todays today list. It will make srart up 30 seconds faster and help on the Blue Tooth. The Blue Tooth is aimed at the Blackberry. Pioneer will be here next week to update store stock.

John

DOOM
10-30-2008, 05:48 AM
I need to update my Z2.

DOOM
10-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Thanks for getting this up! This was on todays today list.

John

Too slow papa john :shake: :geezer:

Pops
10-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Jake I will ask the Pioneer guy if there are updates when he is in next week.

DOOM
10-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks papa john :up:

illwood
10-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I installed the Firmware update a few minutes ago.

The update went very smooth. I already had the 1.001700 firmware on it, so I didn't have to update the TTS (Text To Speech). I didn't get to check out the boot-up time, but I will see it makes much of a difference.

I hope the update stops whatever brain-fart the unit had when I was going to a wedding in NH and the system rebooted a few times on its own and changed the units to metric. "Turn ahead in 300 meters." I pulled over and changed that setting back. I don't have any good "feel" for distances in kilometers and meters.

illwood
10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
So, after a bit of testing, I would say that the firmware update cuts the boot time in half. It did lose my connection to my cell phone, but I will set that up again. I never did get more than one contact to upload anyway.

If you're hesitating on installing the update. I say go for it.

Pops
10-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the update on this!

illwood
11-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the update on this!

No problem. This morning I got my cellphone re-connected to the Bluetooth. There was no problem or funny tricks, I just had to re-do the link after the firmware update.

I still don't have any easy way to send my contacts. I think if I could convince the phone that the AVIC is a data source and not just a "headset" it would be easier.