PDA

View Full Version : 5-drive-in meet up

GetMeMyStogie
11-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I just read a post about 6 MM in the burlington area. And there's me, and a few others I bet, in the GTA west end, so to speak.

What I like to do in the summer is head out to the 5 drive-in for a double-, sometimes triple-feature. I remember a few years ago, when The Italian Job came out, I went to see it there. That night, there were about a dozen or so Mini's, all parked beside each other, facing the screen. I thought that was pretty cool, and it made me wish, for a couple hours anyhow, that I had a Mini.

We should do that sometime. Though, the weather's a bit chilly this time of year, sometime between May and September would be great.

All we need is a movie featuring a Mercury Marauder, or at least containing a scene with an MM in the background. I'd settle for a drive-by in background traffic.

I'll bring the cigars :bandit:

Blk Mamba
11-08-2008, 01:18 PM
You find the movie, at the drive-in, that has a MM in it and we'll come and see it.

You can get good Cuban cigars can't you? I'll be there with bells on.

Rockettman
11-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I work in the movie / TV "biz" and I can tell you it won't be mine given to the production company for a movie shoot. When you rent a car to these companies, they could care less about the car and what they do to it! To them, they can "just fix and replace" what ever happens to the car. It just money. There's no shortage of funds for these companies. If it gets a folded up fender, they just replace it. You are the one with a car that's now been "fussed" with.

Taemian
11-09-2008, 11:33 AM
I work in the movie / TV "biz" and I can tell you it won't be mine given to the production company for a movie shoot. When you rent a car to these companies, they could care less about the car and what they do to it! To them, they can "just fix and replace" what ever happens to the car. It just money. There's no shortage of funds for these companies. If it gets a folded up fender, they just replace it. You are the one with a car that's now been "fussed" with.

What dept do you work for?