PDA

View Full Version : disable seatbelt chime

hot-rauder
11-09-2008, 03:39 PM
if this is a repost feel free to delete thread lol

i dont know if this is in the marauder handbook since i dont have one, but it is in the lincoln on how to disarm the seatbelt chime.... and it works on the marauder.

1.when the car is off and in park turn the key to run, but do not start it.

2.wait for the seatbelt light to go off.

3. buckle and unbuckle at a reasonable pace 9 times within 50 seconds ending unbuckled.... not hard to do

4.the airbag liught should come on

5. withing 10 seconds of the light coming on buckle and unbuckle 1 time.

6. the airbag light will flash about 10-15 times.

7. no more chime.

i was worried that the airbag light came on and flashed wondering if it also disables the airbag.... but the lincoln manual says it ONLY disables the chime.

not wanting to actually test if the airbag is on or off :lol:, should the lincoln manual be trusted?

TO REACTIVATE IT JUST REPEAT THE PROCESS!

CROWNMARAUDER
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
This is good info. I have been deprogramming the seatbelt chimes in my ford vehicles since 2000. I have done it in everything from a mustang gt to an excursion to my company ford vans. A lot of people don't know you can do this.

justbob
11-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Sometimes might doesn't even chime, but usally does.

Master
11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
What do you do with a manual tranny? Same thing but in neutral?

DOOM
11-09-2008, 04:05 PM
mine came with the chime disabled :banana2:

252life
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
If it only was this easy to remove the "key in ignition" chime:mad2:
Anybody know which wire to cut to make it stop?

justbob
11-09-2008, 04:30 PM
You guys think these chimes are bad, try opening the side doors or rear door on my wifes Chrysler Town & Country and the beepers go off and the turn signals start flashing:mad:. Everyone looks at you thinking your trying to put on a show! Time for me to visit a Chrysler forum:eek: to learn how to disable this crap.

RF Overlord
11-09-2008, 04:51 PM
If it only was this easy to remove the "key in ignition" chimeI'd like to know the answer to this one as well...

TAKEDOWN
11-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Already taken cared off!

larryo340
11-09-2008, 06:32 PM
I know that there is a "key in sense" wire from the ignition switch, but I think that if it is cut it's going to affect something........exactly what I'm not sure. Maybe the auto-locks, factory alarm?....etc

Rocknthehawk
11-09-2008, 07:42 PM
I know that there is a "key in sense" wire from the ignition switch, but I think that if it is cut it's going to affect something........exactly what I'm not sure. Maybe the auto-locks, factory alarm?....etc

Maybe i'm wrong, but could it be part of the PATS system?

TiTo35
11-09-2008, 08:12 PM
The way I disable my seatbelt chime is turn the music up...or put my seatbelt on...:rolleyes: NOW twin has his seats set up funny so there is no chime...I wont reveal his secret;)

whd507
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't think you can disable the key chime. I tried on my town car, but it didn't work. on older fords without a gem module, you had to disconnect the pink wire from the chime module. I tried this on my 95 Lincoln, but it either wouldn't start or it didn't work, so I had to reconnect it.

Spectragod
11-09-2008, 08:33 PM

Super simple, remove the ignition cylinder, there is a metal pad on it that is shaped like an "L", cover it with a piece of electrical tape, your chime will go away, and.... it can be reversed. I have done this for years on in-service police cars, works like a champ.

larryo340
11-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Super simple, remove the ignition cylinder, there is a metal pad on it that is shaped like an "L", cover it with a piece of electrical tape, your chime will go away, and.... it can be reversed. I have done this for years on in-service police cars, works like a champ.
Good catch, I forgot about that grounding tab. I didn't know that these still had it.

RF Overlord
11-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Spectragod, you're my new hero...I can't STAND those stupid key-in chimes...at least on my GMC work van I can pull the key out a click and make it stop.

PRCARGUY
11-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Thank you for this info! :bows:

2,4shofast
11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
I just use the one step seat belt chime disable.

Step #1 Fasten seatbelt...that is all ;)

Spectragod
11-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Good catch, I forgot about that grounding tab. I didn't know that these still had it.

Panthers up till 04', 05' and up is a new game.

Bulten Rauder
11-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Very nice. Chimes are dumb. When I perfromed this on my Canadian MM, I noticed some differences...When I lit the ignition, the seatbelt light stayed on and the airbag light went out eventually, then after 9 re-belts the seatbelt light came on (no airbag light came on), then went out. I did the last re-belt and the seatbelt light stayed off.

How do you get the ignition tumbler out? What's the trick?

SID210SA
11-15-2008, 08:48 AM

I suggest using PM's for this information....unless you cant steal the car even if you take out the tumbler...

SID210SA
11-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Just wanted to post this up for you non seatbelt wearers out there....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlVzVWJlF80

Bulten Rauder
11-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Wearing a seatbelt is an excellent practice...it's just nice to sit waiting for the kids in the parking lot without having it on...let alone if the wife is in the mood...http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

larryo340
11-16-2008, 04:02 PM

I suggest using PM's for this information....unless you cant steal the car even if you take out the tumbler...
No security risk here. You need a working key, and even if you got around that the P.A.T.S. takes over and your not going anywhere.

So easy that a Geico employee could do it :P

The factory manual actually tells you how to remove a non-functional cylinder, but that I won't post.

Comin' in Hot
06-20-2016, 04:20 AM
I can't believe it took me this long to figure this out. Three marauders, close to 250,000 miles. I just excepted the dinging was going to drive me knot I can't believe it took me this long to figure this out. Three marauders, close to 250,000 miles. I just excepted the dinging was going to drive me nuts.

daddyusmaximus
06-20-2016, 09:59 AM
The internet saves the day again. This is good info. I have a 97lb German Shepherd service dog and have to buckle the passenger seat belt because the car thinks she's a person. Been making her ride in the back most of the time.

crouse
06-20-2016, 10:37 AM
So are you guys saying that you are driving around without your seat belt on? is that why you want to disable the seat belt chime? Here is Minnesota it's the law that you have to wear your seat belt. And it's common sense.

daddyusmaximus
06-20-2016, 12:14 PM
I never drive far without my seat belt, but sometimes I'll go a few blocks in town without. I just don't like how the belt takes up space for Brandy. She's a big dog.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

justbob
06-20-2016, 01:28 PM
I survived rolling around in cars as a youth with no belts on..

Maybe all occupants should wear full face helmets too? Don't forget fire suppression, safety glass all around, and maybe some armor plating too!

Safety nazis will never have enough opinions.. The good lord will take you when he is ready. Simple as that!

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

Mr. Man
06-20-2016, 02:12 PM

Maybe all occupants should wear full face helmets too? Don't forget fire suppression, safety glass all around, and maybe some armor plating too!

Safety nazis will never have enough opinions.. The good lord will take you when he is ready. Simple as that!

Sent from my iThrone using TapatalkWhat if he's not ready for you Bob and you could have avoided the wheelchair/catheter/colostomy bag by buckling up.

Forest and the Trees and all that stuffs:beatnik:

Curless
06-20-2016, 04:24 PM
FYI, this does not work on all Marauders... my 300A can't be shut off. Even the great Zack has tried... so I went to my local dealer, asked for the seat belt extensions for larger people and plugged them in... no more chime

Comin' in Hot
06-20-2016, 04:56 PM
FYI, this does not work on all Marauders... my 300A can't be shut off. Even the great Zack has tried... so I went to my local dealer, asked for the seat belt extensions for larger people and plugged them in... no more chime

Did you wait a minute for the seatbelt light to go off before buckling and unbuckling? I thought the light would never go out!!!!

JustRight
06-20-2016, 08:46 PM

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

I used to agree with you. Back then, cars felt like they were going faster than they really were so folks paid more attention. Now, they go 80 and feel like 45. Plus, we didn't have all these unattentive, texting drivers back then---just go ol' drunks that you could follow the swerve and shoot-the-curl by them.

I was in a head on collision with no seatbelt a couple of decades ago. Still have daily, painful reminders of that one and still didn't wear my seatbelt until my wife's head on collision (by a young, texting driver) 2 yrs ago. I was one of the first people on the scene. I wear one religiously now.

Gccch
06-21-2016, 07:26 AM
The internet saves the day again. This is good info. I have a 97lb German Shepherd service dog and have to buckle the passenger seat belt because the car thinks she's a person. Been making her ride in the back most of the time.

I hope you disable that passenger airbag. Brandy is going to be wollupped if that sucker goes off for whatever reason.

1Marauder
06-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Ok.... Can we disable the door locks "auto lock".... And can we disable the open door chime???

JustRight
06-21-2016, 07:31 PM
First thing I did was disable the automatic door locking feature. The procedure was in the owner's manual.

daddyusmaximus
06-22-2016, 06:30 AM
I hope you disable that passenger airbag. Brandy is going to be wollupped if that sucker goes off for whatever reason.

Didn't think of that. Should have, she's already been hit by one and wasn't injured. (God loves us.) In December I had a seizure (TBI from IED in Iraq) while driving my truck on the way back from a VA appointment and totaled it. She was in the passenger seat at the time. When I came to after, she was in the bed of the truck. (rear window broke) Got the Marauder with insurance money from the truck.

I still make her ride in the back. I tried the disable thing yesterday and it didn't take. The chime went off again within a couple miles. She's too big for the front seat anyway and has to put her front legs across the console. Some times she will lay her head right across the top of the shifter and on my leg....

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc306/daddyusmaximus/Family%20shots/Brandy%20laying%20in%20car_zps 4r0efjjq.jpg (http://s219.photobucket.com/user/daddyusmaximus/media/Family%20shots/Brandy%20laying%20in%20car_zps 4r0efjjq.jpg.html)

Gccch
06-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Didn't think of that. Should have, she's already been hit by one and wasn't injured. (God loves us.) In December I had a seizure (TBI from IED in Iraq) while driving my truck on the way back from a VA appointment and totaled it. She was in the passenger seat at the time. When I came to after, she was in the bed of the truck. (rear window broke) Got the Marauder with insurance money from the truck.

I still make her ride in the back. I tried the disable thing yesterday and it didn't take. The chime went off again within a couple miles. She's too big for the front seat anyway and has to put her front legs across the console. Some times she will lay her head right across the top of the shifter and on my leg....

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc306/daddyusmaximus/Family%20shots/Brandy%20laying%20in%20car_zps 4r0efjjq.jpg (http://s219.photobucket.com/user/daddyusmaximus/media/Family%20shots/Brandy%20laying%20in%20car_zps 4r0efjjq.jpg.html)

She's a sweetie! Glad you both made it out of that truck.

bugsyc
07-02-2016, 06:32 AM
You gotta love service dogs.Great companions..Can't beat when they rush to beat the wife to greet you when you come home..
Just buckle the seat belt behind you..No chime..I'm going to try the key chime delete..

nh muscle
07-08-2016, 08:20 AM
Just go to the junkyard and get a seat belt clip and cut it I got 2 for 10 bucks !! Really simple