PDA

View Full Version : Correct Odometer and Tuning

xopher
11-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I just put away the Marauder and I was doing some math. Driving from about April 15th to about November 15th for two years, my odometer has rolled through 27000 miles as my 3 season daily driver. This comes to a somewhat astonishing 60 miles per day, which seems high considering I work from home some days.

I switched from stock 3.55s to a 4.10 DR tune early this year. My question is on what measurement does the Marauder odometer turn? Is it the driveshaft? The rear axle? The few minutes before I installed the tune, my speedometer read high by about 20%. My speedometer is now right, but I'm wondering if my odometer has been wrong all year. The trip meter seemed OK, but it seemed like my 3000 mile oil changes were more frequent in 2008 than in 2007. Is anyone familiar with the relationship between the odometer, rear axle, and a tune?

larryo340
11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
If the odometer follows the speedometer. In other words if the speedo is right so is the odometer.

red
11-10-2008, 03:57 PM
larryo340 is correct. Incorrect calibration for either tire revs/mile or gear ratio will mess up the speedo and odo.

ITLRUN
12-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Do you have your own SCT Advantage 3 software? If so you'll need to open axle, then scalars. Go down to axle ratio switch, make sure the value reads 0. Then go to axle ratio, and enter in the axle ratio in the value box. For example, if you changed your axle ratio to 4.10 you'll enter 4.10 in the value box. This will correct your problem. If you don't have your own software, bring it to your tuner and he can change it for you and that will solve your problem, Mike. P.S. : If your tuner is an alright guy, he shouldn't charge you anything to make the change.:run: Almost forgot, check tire revs per mile on the nitto 420's, if their 723 your fine if not you'll have to change that also in the scalars value box. Your stock tires, have a 723 revs per mile value. You can check that with your local nitto tire dealer, just give him the size and he can give you the answer off his chart.