PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Tots Cruise - 12-07-08

Embassy
11-15-2008, 10:36 AM
From another forum:

Sunday December 7th I'll be at my last event of the year. It's time for TOYS 4 TOTS!

Be at E.P. Tom Sawyer Park off Westort Rd. at 1:00pm. The cruise will leave around 1:30pm and will make it's way over to Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. The Toys 4 Tots reps will be at Papa John's place to collect for the kids somewhere around 2:00 and 2:30.

They typically have a good turnout and often the media is there. Plus, it's for a great cause.

Let's meet up, swarm the cruise, drop off some toys for some needy kids, and then go grab some food. Sound good?

justbob
11-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Chicago's is the seventh as well. A normal turnout is 20,000 bikes, one year when i rode there were 25,000!!!! At these numbers 100 marauders won't even be noticed. But have fun at yours and i plan to go cheer on ours.

Embassy
11-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Chicago's is the seventh as well. A normal turnout is 20,000 bikes, one year when i rode there were 25,000!!!! At these numbers 100 marauders won't even be noticed. But have fun at yours and i plan to go cheer on ours.

That's a HUGE turnout. :eek:

We draw about 100 or so vehicles.

Take some pics at your's. :cool:

justbob
11-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Will do....

Blk Mamba
11-15-2008, 10:54 AM
I'll have to see what Cleveland does, and maybe get some local panther attendance, maybe even couple that with our Christmas light viewing. Thanks for the heads up.

justbob
11-15-2008, 11:01 AM
From what i've seen most cities do it on the first sunday of december organised by the marine corps.

Embassy
11-27-2008, 10:26 AM
More info:

Hello all,

I would like to invite everyone ( and their friends) out to the Louisvillestreets.com 6th annual Toys for Tots car cruise, coming up Sunday December 7th. As noted this is our 6th year doing this, and we're becoming one of Toys for Tots largest contributors, we'd like to continue to grow and would love to see you come out! Each year media attends as well, with Newschannel 32, WAVE 3 and WHAS 11 usually making the trip out to show off the cars and interview attendee's.

WHEN?
Sunday December 7th

WHERE?
The cruise starts at EP Tom Sawyer State park off of Westport road at 1:00pm. The cruise ends at Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium between 2:00 and 2:30 where the toys will be collected and handed over to Toys for Tots representatives. Camaraderie and impromptu car show to follow! OR you can join us at Papa Johns Stadium if you don't wish to make the drive.

All cars are welcome, including the family car should inclement weather arise. Just bring a new an unwrapped toy ( or more than one if you like) and make a Childs Christmas a little better this year!

***If you can make it, please come out to support this wonderful cause and bring whatever you can to donate. If you cannot make it and would like to donate anyway, please email me or send me a private message and we can arrange a pickup or drop off. We are trying to fill several large vehicles to help children in the KENTUCKY & INDIANA area.***

Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Discussion can be found on WWW.LOUISVILLESTREETS.COM (http://www.louisvillestreets.com/) in the events and meets section. Please spread the word!!! If you haven't been by the board lately, please stop on by and say hi to some familiar faces.

Thanks
George Frazier

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p102/Nogomoto/tftposter.jpg

Let's have a large Marauder representation. :burnout:

Embassy
12-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Bump.

It's this Sunday. I'll be there since it's for a good cause. Who else?