PDA

View Full Version : Warning for those with aftermarket exhaust.

JohnE
09-16-2003, 06:08 AM
Be careful how your car is raised on a lift!

I just had a new set of tires put on yesterday. They used one of those small lifts, which is mainly flat and just lifts enought to get all 4 off the ground. They did not flip up the lift tabs. So when they raised it, the exhaust systyem was pushed up. :mad2:

The driver side ball flange was shifted and created a huge exhaust leak. And I've got a little leak on the passenger side which I haven't located yet. I fear it may be where the header mounts to the head.

------

I am still planning on making it to Ennis this weekend. I just upgraded the rear tires from Michelin Pilot XGT H4's to V4's. Hoping to get a better launch. :coolman:

JohnE
09-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Passenger exhaust leak fix too. Was able to tighten the flange bolts where the pipe mount to the header.

Thank goodness, No permenant damage.

If you have a custom exhaust make sure to tell anyone who may put it on a lift.

deerejoe
09-18-2003, 09:46 AM
If the muffler installer is ANY good at all...he/she will see that the ENTIRE exhaust system is "flush" with the underside of frame, etc.

I made sure by observing the work in progress...not only for lifts but also off road conditions...I'm a farmer!!

cyclone03
09-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by deerejoe
If the muffler installer is ANY good at all...he/she will see that the ENTIRE exhaust system is "flush" with the underside of frame, etc.

I made sure by observing the work in progress...not only for lifts but also off road conditions...I'm a farmer!!

Well Ford didn't do it that way on the Marauader.
The mid pipe hangs way below thew frame rails.

engine23ccvfd
09-18-2003, 01:33 PM
deerjoe what kinda crops you grow?

RF Overlord
09-18-2003, 01:56 PM
I think we all KNOW what kinda "crops" he grows...

You should see his bill at the local Army/Navy surplus store for camouflage netting...

:lol:

FordNut
09-22-2003, 10:09 PM
If you actually take the MM offroad, be sure and clean out the radiator! It's amazing how well the air dam picks up stuff and fills the area between the radiator and air conditioning condenser. It's a pain to get it all cleaned out, too.

deerejoe
09-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Engine 23:
Crops=Hay and Timber.
Livestock=Cattle (Angus steers). Sorry, SOLD!!

Overlord:
Camouflage unnecessary...this IS a farm, NOT a guerilla encampment!!

FordNut:
"Big John" (Deere) goes off-road.
Marauder goes on rock/gravel road...SLOWLY.
If I ever have to go in the pasture with the MM (never), I will certainly heed your good advice.