PDA

View Full Version : Flat tire

JGaignat
09-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Have any of you had a flat on your MM yet? Last night my left rear was flat. The spare is kind of a challenge to get out. It works best if you "get in" the trunk and reach up under the tire and turn the thing counterclockwise that holds the tire in place. Of course I was dressed nice and got filthy. The tire had a slit in it, probably from all the %#@#&* road construction in this town.
NTB had to order me a new tire. $137. Not as bad as I thought. I wish the tires weren't different and odd sizes.

All of you going to Texas.......have a safe trip. If you pass through Kansas City on your way.......give me a shout.

Ray Snyder
09-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by JGaignat
Have any of you had a flat on your MM yet? Last night my left rear was flat. The spare is kind of a challenge to get out. It works best if you "get in" the trunk and reach up under the tire and turn the thing counterclockwise that holds the tire in place. Of course I was dressed nice and got filthy. The tire had a slit in it, probably from all the %#@#&* road construction in this town.
NTB had to order me a new tire. $137. Not as bad as I thought. I wish the tires weren't different and odd sizes.

All of you going to Texas.......have a safe trip. If you pass through Kansas City on your way.......give me a shout.

I just had 2 new rear tyres fitted for $112 each out the door. This was at Discount Tyre in Texas, NTB quoted $109 before all of their BS add on on's.

NYSP618
09-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Had a slow leak, looked and looked for the problem with no luck, finally on try two found the dreaded nail, just a plug for now, I'll try to keep it under 90

:D

bigslim
09-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Had a nail in my rear left tire but was able to get it patched at Belle tire for free. So far, so good.

Murader03
09-17-2003, 01:51 AM
Just had mine replaced on all four corners. Put 4 tires the same size. No problem anymore. For the 300A's it's not a problem, the speedo reads about 3% high. Those with TC will have more of a problem changing to the same size tire.

Tweety
09-17-2003, 02:57 AM
JG? have that flat on 635 or 70?