PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

89merk
11-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Heard about this site through grandmarq.net...

Im looking for marauder wheels for my '89 Grand Marquis if anyone is selling or has a suggestion where to get 'em please let me know.

Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3158430

MM03MOK
11-28-2008, 09:33 AM
:welcome: aboard!

Check out the Classifieds for sale and see what's available.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Post your request also, in the Wanted section

centexmarauder
11-28-2008, 10:32 AM
call tomz at 866-939-1030 or check Tomzwheels.com, they did great for me.

justbob
11-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Welcome, i'm sure you'll find anything you need here.

BAD MERC
11-28-2008, 11:01 AM
.........oh my god..............

BAD MERC
11-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Can we please do SOMETHING about newbies with their hand out? This is a MERCURY MARAUDER forum. For Marauder enthusiasts and owners of this unique and rare automobile. I mean do Buick Regal drivers pester the hell out of GNX owners wanting to take the tightwad path and circumvent ownership by making cheap knock-offs? Threads like this do not deserve the effort to respond to. Yes - I am 8itching.

TAKEDOWN
11-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the site!

bigmerc2003
11-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Based on the bolt pattern and offset the Marauder wheels most likely will NOT fit an '89 GM unfortunatly. do a few searchs on the wheel specs through the site

jgc61sr2002
11-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Welcome aboard.:D:welcome1:

Bradley G
11-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Yeah! Don't post!:D
Can we please do SOMETHING about newbies with their hand out? This is a MERCURY MARAUDER forum. For Marauder enthusiasts and owners of this unique and rare automobile. I mean do Buick Regal drivers pester the hell out of GNX owners wanting to take the tightwad path and circumvent ownership by making cheap knock-offs? Threads like this do not deserve the effort to respond to. Yes - I am 8itching.

Marauderjack
11-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Imitation is the highest form of flattery......bring 'em on!!:beer:

Welcome...I hope you find what you are looking for!!:D

Marauderjack:burnout:

Ms. Denmark
11-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Based on the bolt pattern and offset the Marauder wheels most likely will NOT fit an '89 GM unfortunatly. do a few searchs on the wheel specs through the site Don't you mean FORTUNATELY.;) I have nothing against anyone joining us here on the forum......but I DO take exception to iconic features of our Marauders being harvested for use on other vehicles. The wheels are exclusive to Marauders and I'd like to keep it that way. On the other hand, that Jaguar hood ornament is pretty fly..........:thinker:

89merk
11-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Mercury is Mercury, stop being a bunch of punks about it, to those who welcomed me thanks, those that *****ed..ur *****es.

I will keep on the hunt 4 the whees.

89merk
11-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Based on the bolt pattern and offset the Marauder wheels most likely will NOT fit an '89 GM unfortunatly. do a few searchs on the wheel specs through the site
Will fit, already tested it out.

Ms. Denmark
11-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Mercury is Mercury, stop being a bunch of punks about it, to those who welcomed me thanks, those that *****ed..ur *****es.

I will keep on the hunt 4 the whees. Buy a Marauder and then say that!;) But if you insist on being a punk yourself by putting Marauder wheels on your car, take good care of them........we'll want them back in good condition when you're through pretending. :coolman: Seriously, why buy such expensive wheels for a 20 year old car? You should be able to get some spokes that will get you a similar look for a lot less. Plus you'll avoid upsetting me.:)

89merk
11-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Everyone has their own taste if you dont like it too bad...honestly.
Im not trying to pretend ****. the pattern looks good on the car, and its a mercury part and will fit fine. Just cuz the cars 20 yrs old doesnt mean it hasnt had upgrades. Take an example from the other forum members that were nice enough to answer my questions(By the way thanks to everyone that answered my request i think i found my wheels). It takes a real person to civil and it takes a nobody to sit there and complain for no reason.

Ms. Denmark
11-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Congratulations. Don't forget to post pics.:puke:

justbob
11-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Some of us were being nice because its just common curtesy, but be understanding that the older these cars get we will have to start harvesting for our own(we already have). So to most owners its simply protecting whats left. Remember there were only 11,052 cars built and with totals probably closer to 9,000 now that are starting to get up there in mileage. Besides a relationship first always has more benefits. Welcome again.

Ms. Denmark
11-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks Justbob.......that's what I ment.;)

ctrlraven
11-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Welcome.

Did you just put them on and sit the car down or did you actually drive it around and check clearance? The Marauder wheels are 18x8" and have a different offset than you stock wheels.

89merk
11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Drives just fine just need a lower profile on the tires, and about harvesting parts from you guys, i dont mind buying replicas. Its just wheels...no worries. besides, my next vehicle purchase is a marauder, i just like to keep it old school as well and dont plan on giving up the '89 merc anytime soon.

Bradley G
12-03-2008, 08:46 AM
:bows:...........
Imitation is the highest form of flattery......bring 'em on!!:beer:

Welcome...I hope you find what you are looking for!!:D

Marauderjack:burnout:

BAD MERC
12-03-2008, 09:28 AM
This thread is akin to the way this Country welcomes illegal aliens with open arms. Do they belong here - nope. But they want a part of the big picture and will eventually succeed in ruining, disrespecting and eventually taking the true meaning out of something we cherish.

Your asinine opinions are welcome - this just happens to be factual.

bigmerc2003
12-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Drives just fine just need a lower profile on the tires, and about harvesting parts from you guys, i dont mind buying replicas. Its just wheels...no worries. besides, my next vehicle purchase is a marauder, i just like to keep it old school as well and dont plan on giving up the '89 merc anytime soon.

Pics? ? ? ?

O's Fan Rich
12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustangwheels.html

btw... nice Boss 302 badging on your ride :up:

RR|Suki
12-03-2008, 05:38 PM
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustangwheels.html

btw... nice Boss 302 badging on your ride :up:

teehee :beer:

Bradley G
12-04-2008, 11:58 AM
The guy wants a set of wheels. Get a grip!:stupid:
This thread is akin to the way this Country welcomes illegal aliens with open arms. Do they belong here - nope. But they want a part of the big picture and will eventually succeed in ruining, disrespecting and eventually taking the true meaning out of something we cherish.

Your asinine opinions are welcome - this just happens to be factual.

GetMeMyStogie
12-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Check out this thread: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49456.
He appears to have what you want, with nice Mercury centre caps to boot!

GODFATHER
12-04-2008, 05:48 PM
:nocomm::laugh:welcome