PDA

View Full Version : New member from SA, Texas...

MrBluGruv
12-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Hello folks.

I've been an owner of an '03 Marauder since early August, and I don't think it'd be a stretch for me to say it's just about anything I could want in a vehicle (plus a few hundred pounds.)

I have a few questions that may need to be directed to another forum, but I figure they are small issues that could probably be adressed here.

Firstly, every now and then when I turn the car on, after a few moments I'll hear a noise from the front-left portion of the car from under the engine bay. It almost sounds like a compressor of some sort, and it runs for a few seconds, but I'm not sure what it is. And almost always without fail if someone gets in the front passenger seat even after the car has been running for some time, it will make that noise again.

Secondly, my radio has been having strange problems since I've purchased the vehicle. Every few weeks, the FM tuner, and ONLY the FM tuner, will stop working. AM works fine, the CD section works like a champ, but the FM section loses the ability to lock on to a specific tuning. It drifts through the frequency band, and occasionally will pick up a channel clearly as it drifts, so I know it's not an antenna problem. Would this be a problem with the phase-lock-loop in my head unit? Are there any aftermarket head units that would be able to utilize the cd changer with relative ease?

Also, I've heard mention that there is a member on this site that can tell me specifics on the production number and such for my vehicle, who would I need to speak to to find out this information?

Thanks in advance for your time, and again greetings to everyone. I'm hoping to starting seriously building the vehicle soon once cash comes my way (intake and spacer, here I come. ;) )

Cheers,
Chris Roberson.

Zack
12-02-2008, 09:36 AM
The noise is the compressor for the air suspension.
The radio problem is common, and will need to be replaced.
03 and 04 radios are different, so make sure the get one from an 03.

Or call John's Stereo and upgrade altogether.
Welcome!

SC Cheesehead
12-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Chris,

PM RoyLPita with your VIN and he can get you sequence numbers.

BTW, what color is your car?

Bluerauder
12-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Also, I've heard mention that there is a member on this site that can tell me specifics on the production number and such for my vehicle, who would I need to speak to to find out this information?
Cheers,
Chris Roberson.

Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net.

Send a PM to "RoyLPita" about the production numbers. He needs info on your MM like the VIN in order to run the numbers.

As Zack said ... that noise you hear on start up is the compressor for the air suspension. Fix on something in the rear view mirror and you can see the rear of the car lift about 2 inches. If the compressor stops and then a passenger gets in or you change the load .... it'lll kick on again to adjust.

Never had an issue with my radio.......

SID210SA
12-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Welcome Chris,

There are a few of us on here from San Antonio and Austin and we like to get together and hang out....usually at my house then head out to a local car show....we would love to meet up with you....our forum is here: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93 and you can join our group here: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups the Alamo Area Marauders....

Welcome to the site.....there is a wealth of information to be found here....and a great bunch of gals and guys. Call me if you like 210.288.0004

Mike

jgc61sr2002
12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Chris - Welcome aboard.:D:welcome1:

TAKEDOWN
12-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Hello and welcome to the site from the windy city!

Hacklemerc
12-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Welcome sir... I have family down in the San Antonio area..

CBT
12-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey welcome aboard! Did you buy yours in Texas? If you did you probably got the 'Kings Ranch' Edition, huh? SCORE!
P.S. this site is full of jokers, watch out for CBT, Kniner, justbobby, and a couple others.:D

MrBluGruv
12-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Hahaha, Marauder KR then? ;)

But seriously dudes, thanks for the warm welcome and helpful hints, it's a serious load off my shoulders to have those concerns out of my mind as a non-issue.

The car is all-black, and from what I've read over the forums and as far as I can tell it's a 300A. Thanks for letting me know about RoyLPita, I'll be in touch with him soon.

Mike, I'll be in touch soon too. I've seen other Marauders around town occasionally now that I have one and think about it, so no doubt we've crossed paths so far. There are some other things with the car that are quirky right now that I wouldn't mind having a second opinion on as well that pretty much have to be seen (or specifically heard) in person to demonstrate my point. Also I wouldn't mind seeing what other members have done to their cars, I'd like to make sure I'd be making the right decisions on some of the mods I have in mind. :P

Anyways, thanks again for the kind welcome. :)

Cheers,
Chris.

03calitejas
12-09-2008, 10:29 PM
If you swing up thru Dallas, give me a shout. I think a decent dyno tune and the 4:10 gears would have you completely hooked

twin03
12-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Welcome to the family brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!