PDA

View Full Version : What programmer to buy???

jayken302
12-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I need to get a programmer, but I want to see what you guys think first.
I don't have a ton of cash, so I will be upgrading it one part at a time. I like the Jet programmer because you don't need to dyno tune it every time and it is half the price of the SCT Livewire. I am not worried about a few extra HP from dyno tuning versus "email" tunning, but I don't want to hurt the engine.
Can I get the Jet tunner for $330 or is it a MUST to drop the $650 for the SCT?
Thanks!

Black bart
12-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi:

When throug the same decision dilemma process as you. Ended up going with the SCT X-Cal in order to use Lidio’s tune. Have not regretted it one bit!

Recommend you contact Lideo, Alternative Auto Performance, a sponsor here as his pricing for both the SCT X-Cal 2 and performance program is very competitive.

Regards

fred
:burnout:

Richy04
12-12-2008, 12:20 PM
You can pick up a DR or Lidio tuner (sct) for around 400 bucks.. Lidios comes with 3 tunes, DR I dont know how many.. Many guys like these two guys for their tunes. I have a Lidio tune in my car since thats the tuner I happened to pick up.

Now I run the sniper special forces and commando if I want to change anything.

DOOM
12-12-2008, 01:11 PM
:hmmm: ....

ckadiddle
12-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Lidio or Dennis with tunes on xcalibrator2.

Marauderjack
12-13-2008, 05:05 AM
Don't waste your $$$'s on a JET tuner....'nuf said!!:shake:

jayken302
12-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Sounds great...
SCT it is!

Thanks for the input!!!

Richy04
12-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Be sure to buy it from the people we mentioned, this way you get the tunes you need already on the xcal unit, you have to give them the code from your computer. Most of the time you can find it inside the door jam of the drivers door near the top door hinge.

3rdcoastmrauder
12-13-2008, 09:36 PM
x-cal FTW!

Brian H
12-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Attached is a pic of the programmer i'm selling on Craigslist 4 150. P.M. if interested....

Brian H
12-15-2008, 02:30 PM
plus a set of 4:11's to!

jvillerauder
12-18-2008, 05:48 PM
how much?is it still available

jayken302
12-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Sorry about the post here. I got an 04 CV sport and Lido does not do crown vics. While at the meet in Orland Park, IL I found out about Crownvic.net and .us...
i will keep my non Marauder post in there. :)
However... I will always be a Marauder wannabee! Especially after seeing all those S/C Marauders at Gino's East!!

Ford.... Hauling Ass and sucking gas!!!!

Brian H
12-19-2008, 12:26 AM
150.00 for the programmer

Richy04
01-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Sorry about the post here. I got an 04 CV sport and Lido does not do crown vics. While at the meet in Orland Park, IL I found out about Crownvic.net and .us...
i will keep my non Marauder post in there. :)
However... I will always be a Marauder wannabee! Especially after seeing all those S/C Marauders at Gino's East!!

Ford.... Hauling Ass and sucking gas!!!!

Sniper offers the special forces package which is pretty foolproof and allows you to make your own tune. Shop around, you can find them cheaper from different vendors. When you get it, you simply run the software and tell it your catch code and sniper will send you the template for your car.

It asks basic questions, like if you have a CAI, headers,gears, octane choice, etc.. It will ask you how you want the shifts, firm etc.. And it will boil up a safe tune for your vehicle. You can upgrade to Commando at any time and that allows you to tweak your tune or any tune loaded in the car.

Dennis Reinhart
01-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I need to get a programmer, but I want to see what you guys think first.
I don't have a ton of cash, so I will be upgrading it one part at a time. I like the Jet programmer because you don't need to dyno tune it every time and it is half the price of the SCT Livewire. I am not worried about a few extra HP from dyno tuning versus "email" tunning, but I don't want to hurt the engine.
Can I get the Jet tunner for $330 or is it a MUST to drop the $650 for the SCT?
Thanks!\

You will just throw your money away on a Jet tunner, buy a Xcal 2 they are still around, I would not buy a live wire or Xcal 3, you can call me and I will explain all this, even if you do not buy the tuner for from me.
SCT has released a upgrade for the the Xcal 3.

Richy04
01-02-2009, 09:39 PM
does anyone here have a sniper and an xcal2, pm me please.. Tnx Richy

Dennis Reinhart
01-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Sniper offers the special forces package which is pretty foolproof and allows you to make your own tune. Shop around, you can find them cheaper from different vendors. When you get it, you simply run the software and tell it your catch code and sniper will send you the template for your car.

It asks basic questions, like if you have a CAI, headers,gears, octane choice, etc.. It will ask you how you want the shifts, firm etc.. And it will boil up a safe tune for your vehicle. You can upgrade to Commando at any time and that allows you to tweak your tune or any tune loaded in the car.

Where do you think Sniper, or Diablo got there data base from???, and I know and like Patrick, he has been to my shop many times, you want the facts and the descriptions, call me I will gladly explain all of them to you, and you make your own decision as what or where to buy.

SC Cheesehead
01-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Don't waste your money on a Jet, go with the xCal2, money well spent.

Either Lidio or Reinhart will sell you one with a good performance tune on it for 3:55's and 4:10 gears.

These guys know their stuff, you may be able to go elsewhere and get a tune for a couple bucks cheaper, but why?

Buy from the best=get the best.

justbob
01-03-2009, 09:20 AM
I agree with the xcal2. I have talked to both Reinhart and Lidio and both steered me in a good direction, I haven't completly decided on gear choice yet, plus a few other small things, but soon enough i'll get it all sorted out and get a real dyno.

Richy04
01-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Den,

Thanks for the info, I already have the Sniper special forces and commando package. Its really good if you like to learn and/or tweak your stocker or current installed tune. I am looking for someone with both, I need to convert a few files.

MidnightStalker
01-09-2009, 01:16 AM
For any/all interested. an UNLOCKED Xcal2 ford SCT tuner

NOT my listing, just found it and thought of this thread. It was at $152 at the time of this post with about 2 days left

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320329921219&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

JohnPPD
01-10-2009, 12:50 PM
I was watching that auction. Thanks for letting 10,000 other potential bidders in on my find. :argue: LOL. :P Just kidding :P. I was watching it though. Then I stumbled across an X3 for even less.

I either got the deal of the century :banana2: or just bought a $150 brick :mad2:.

Does anybody know if I can call Lidio or DR and they'll email a tune after they get credit card info, or do I ship the tuner to them? I don't even have the thing yet, just curious. And anxious! :banana::burnout::banana2:

justbob
01-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Buyer beware, mine was a ebay find that was not "unlocked" like promised. These cost at minimum $100.00 to unlock! My problem is i had it for a few months before i noticed and by then i had already erased all the info from the seller.

Yes you will need to send it to DR or whoever.

JohnPPD
01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Buyer beware

Oh, yes, my friend. I am very wareful (is that a word?). He has 100% feedback, or atleast he used to, LOL. I made sure to ask him if it's unlocked, saved his reply, paid with paypal, and will be on his :censor: like white on rice if it dosen't work. Hopefully, he just didn't realize what he had or was strapped for cash. I know that you get what you pay for, so we'll see. Cross your fingers.

Brian H
01-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I still have mine if anyone cares or would like to make an offer.....

Brian H
01-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITLRUN
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Save your money, and go with SCT X Cal-2 or 3. And give Dennis, a call. Why do you think, he's selling it for cheap money? With SCT, you can purchase the software to tune it yourself. You can't, do that with Superchips, Mike D. SCT Tuner.

jayken302
01-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Oops!!

Well, I heard your advice up to around Christmas time and even said I was going to purchase an SCT tuner. However, I had a $225 credit at Jegs and the only tuner they sold that worked on the CV was the Jet tuner. So my dumbass bought it. Now the stage 3 tune hauls ass!!! I mean I can break the tires loose at 15 mph, but that is it. I can't change injectors, mas, ect. Then I logged back on and saw all the other post, so now I really feel like ****.

Oh well... Its only money, right? :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: :mad2::mad2:

But hey... Thanks for all the advice!!! :beer:

Oh yea, and in my defense. I looked into the Reinhart tune, but on their website it only listed a tune for the MM. So I just blew it off.

So I am going to get as much out of this ******** Jet tuner that I can. I am going to save up and upgrade the headers/exhaust before I do any of the other stuff that needs a real tune.

Are the long tube headders from Reinhart going to give decent HP increase like they do on the Camaros, or are shorty's good enough? And I promis to listen this time!!! :cool:

Dennis Reinhart
01-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Oops!!

Well, I heard your advice up to around Christmas time and even said I was going to purchase an SCT tuner. However, I had a $225 credit at Jegs and the only tuner they sold that worked on the CV was the Jet tuner. So my dumbass bought it. Now the stage 3 tune hauls ass!!! I mean I can break the tires loose at 15 mph, but that is it. I can't change injectors, mas, ect. Then I logged back on and saw all the other post, so now I really feel like ****.

Oh well... Its only money, right? :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: :mad2::mad2:

But hey... Thanks for all the advice!!! :beer:

Oh yea, and in my defense. I looked into the Reinhart tune, but on their website it only listed a tune for the MM. So I just blew it off.

So I am going to get as much out of this ******** Jet tuner that I can. I am going to save up and upgrade the headers/exhaust before I do any of the other stuff that needs a real tune.

Are the long tube headders from Reinhart going to give decent HP increase like they do on the Camaros, or are shorty's good enough? And I promis to listen this time!!! :cool:

Please just call me Dennis, and simple phone call would have solved you all this grief. I can tune any Ford Lincoln or Mercury out there and some GM and Chrysler

jayken302
01-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Thanks!
I will keep you in mind when I am ready for the exhaust upgrade.

RVT04
02-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Been since july 05 with the x-cal 2 tune from dr car runs great daily driver linda runs it back and forth to work and all around town we occasionally take it on a road trip and gets 18-20mpg unless too many wot's,:d best 1/4 mile time 13.8 on pump gas and stock tires never bothered to try the 104 tune cause trackshun is a big issue. What i say is no problems at all money well spent thanks dr
check ntm for latest post