PDA

View Full Version : Magindat Marauder for sale - cheap

magindat
12-13-2008, 10:49 AM
http://www.magindat.net/marauder/marauder.pdf

Deal fell through. If this car doesn't go by Monday, 12/22 - It's getting traded. I'm ready to move on and ready is ready!!!!
The dealership is dragging feet. Somebody save her... (12/24)

This is not a joke. It's time to move forward with life.
I just want enough to cover the note.
This needs to be a quick deal.
PM me for details.
$13,000 - no that's not a typo.

Your chance to own a famous, completely sorted out blown car. Everything comes. Nav, system, blower, jacket, even the matching helmet.

SERIOUS ONLY. No tire kickers. Its a fair request since I'm serious.

Thanx Friends.
Rich

I'm ready to go. PM me for the best deal you'll ever get on my mega reliable BLOWN Marauder!!!

To see this car in a good home, I'm dropping price to 11,500!!!!

justbob
12-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Wow! You really do need this gone quick!!!!!! Hope all is well with you.

magindat
12-13-2008, 10:54 AM
All is well. Just moving on.

87K miles...

High performance alternator uninstalled comes with it (250 amp).

Blackmobile
12-13-2008, 10:57 AM
You seriously caught me off guard. You could have knocked me over with a feather after reading this. One thing I can say after having a hand in it's SC inception, is that this MM is well worth more than Rich is asking, so if anyone every wanted a powerful Marauder NOW is the time to step up and bag this one of a kind beauty.

magindat
12-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanx Ed - good to hear from you.

She's a road warrior, reliable as rain in Florida.

freakstatus
12-13-2008, 10:59 AM
What will replace her?

magindat
12-13-2008, 11:21 AM
FX4 F150 and two 4-wheelers

Blackmobile
12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Because of this I'm playing Lotto tonight , so wish me luck. ;)

Blk Mamba
12-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Isn't this the one with the nice paint?

magindat
12-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Isn't this the one with the nice paint?

yes it is...

Agent M79
12-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Mayhap a daguerreotype, Master dat?

Cobra25
12-13-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm really surprized Rich that your selling after all the work you did to it. As always I wish you the Best with what ever you do..

Blk Mamba
12-13-2008, 12:18 PM
I won't be the first, or last to say "Wow, wish I had the cash."

RoyLPita
12-13-2008, 12:55 PM
FX4 F150 and two 4-wheelers

What year FX4 F150?

Blackmobile
12-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Marauder colors available:

Number of Black MM = XXXX

Number of DTR MM = XXXX

Number of Silver Birch MM = XXXX

Number of Blue MM = XXXX

Number of OTHER MM = 1

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

Peace2Peep
12-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear than Rich...I know you put lots of live and care into that baby! Seen it a couple of times and its a keeper y'all!

arejayesss
12-13-2008, 01:37 PM
?????!!!! Thats all I can say!

Aren Jay
12-13-2008, 01:54 PM
It is like Carrol Shelby selling his Mustang and buying a F350 and a pair of Ranger Rzr's.

Hotrauder
12-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Rich's Marauder is the buy of the century. Hell, the nav/sound system is worth half the asking price and this car is immaculate and truely one of one. This won't last long. Dennis

Local Boy
12-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Life IS change, and change we must...

I applaud your acceptance of this fact, my Brutha...

All the best, my friend...

With or without a MM, you got family in the Islands...

BTW: This IS the sale of the year!...Someone is going to score BIG TIME!!!

ALOHA

TiTo35
12-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Can I get your headrest magindat??? Pleeeeeeease :D

Black_Noise
12-13-2008, 03:56 PM
trade an almost stock 42k miler for it

Blackmobile
12-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Can I get your headrest magindat??? Pleeeeeeease :D

Sure thing after you buy the rest. ;)

Puff, puff, Pass. :shake:

offroadkarter
12-14-2008, 02:31 AM
Hoooooly crap rich, i was not expecting this! :(

Good luck with the sale, wanna trade? :P

Bluerauder
12-14-2008, 05:43 AM
This is not a joke. It's time to move forward with life.
I just want enough to cover the note.
This needs to be a quick deal.
PM me for details.
$13,000 - no that's not a typo.

Your chance to own a famous, completely sorted out blown car. Everything comes. Nav, system, blower, jacket, even the matching helmet.

SERIOUS ONLY. No tire kickers. Its a fair request since I'm serious.

Thanx Friends.
Rich
Good luck with the sale, Rich. This is a real deal for someone. Hope your baby finds a good home.

not5-0
12-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Hey Rich,

I hope the best for you...Friendships will remain because of who you are and not the car you drive.

I will spread the word about this deal of the century. Do you have any recent pics to post.

Good Luck

Dave

Blk Mamba
12-14-2008, 08:01 AM
The gallery is down till next week, can you post a pic for my wife to see, this would be better than a blue.

O's Fan Rich
12-14-2008, 08:28 AM
... damn.... hope you're good, Rich

magindat
12-14-2008, 04:04 PM
It is like Carrol Shelby selling his Mustang and buying a F350 and a pair of Ranger Rzr's.

While this statement is amazingly flattering, I'm certainly not worthy of such comparison!

Besides this sale is not for charity sir!

magindat
12-14-2008, 04:05 PM

need the note covered. buyer will pay the bank directly...

magindat
12-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey Rich,

I hope the best for you...Friendships will remain because of who you are and not the car you drive.

I will spread the word about this deal of the century. Do you have any recent pics to post.

Good Luck

Dave

Thanx Dave. I fully agree and intend to maintain the friendships I've come to enjoy.

Pics are in the gallery on this site, on my site and everywhere else on the internet!!!

magindat
12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
The gallery is down till next week, can you post a pic for my wife to see, this would be better than a blue.

It would!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q73/memphiz_2006/ssh8058.jpg

Courtesy of the impala forum... November 9 2008.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showpost.php?p=1915857&postcount=18

Blk Mamba
12-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I think so , yes.

magindat
12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
I think so , yes.
Then go ahead and give a call!!!

MarauderTJA
12-14-2008, 04:55 PM
I love ya Rich! But you are going to seriously regret doing this:shake:. And Jamie will too:(

Blk Mamba
12-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Then go ahead and give a call!!!

I think I'm going to go to the bank in the morning. The paint didn't excite my wife as I had hoped, (she said she would have to see it), but said see what we can do.

magindat
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I love ya Rich! But you are going to seriously regret doing this:shake:. And Jamie will too:(

We talked long and hard about the time we spend together. We've decided that rather than spend cash on two fronts, we're gonna concentrate on 4-wheelin and mud. How lucky am I as a Dad to be able to hang with my daughter like that?!

We talked today and she and I BOTH want to continue to attend the gatherings a few times per year!

I got a kick ass deal on a truck, but the MM has to go to make the deal stick. I want desperately for it to stay in the family with someone who can use it right, and not just rack miles on it (as I am now).

Tom, I take your comments as a picture of your, concern, care and co-marauder-y and I thank you! i promise I won't regret it. I'll MISS it, but I won't REGRET it!

magindat
12-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I think I'm going to go to the bank in the morning. The paint didn't excite my wife as I had hoped, (she said she would have to see it), but said see what we can do.

The paint was inspired by the Gurney and Yarborough 69 Cyclones. It was not a haphazard design. Like FOOSE, it has heritage. Look up one of those and you'll get the idea!

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Mercury/69_Mercury_Cyclone_Spoiler_Gur ney_Spcl_DV-06-MDB_01.jpg

magindat
12-14-2008, 05:06 PM

Besides, for this price, you could paint it back to black. I taped off the door jambs and stuff to stay black.

Blk Mamba
12-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm not the one who has to be convinced, I already am.

magindat
12-14-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm not the one who has to be convinced, I already am.

:laugh:

I'm providing ammo, bro!!!!

magindat
12-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Life IS change, and change we must...

I applaud your acceptance of this fact, my Brutha...

All the best, my friend...

With or without a MM, you got family in the Islands...

BTW: This IS the sale of the year!...Someone is going to score BIG TIME!!!

ALOHA

Thanx for the support, Randy!

n00bkiller944
12-14-2008, 05:49 PM
All I can say is it's absolutely beautiful! All of your hard work truly shows.

offroadkarter
12-14-2008, 05:53 PM
All I can say is it's absolutely beautiful! All of your hard work truly shows.

hey look, i found you a marauder to buy :D

SC Cheesehead
12-14-2008, 05:54 PM

Well, I don't know if I'd go THAT far....;)

Marauderman
12-14-2008, 07:41 PM

.....................how long will it take you Blue Folks to realize that you are
WAY OVER MATCHED>>>>in all colors!!:lol::lol:

Marauderman
12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Rich--Aside from my fun in my last post to Cheesehead---I am sorry to see your sale of your MM--It was such an inspiring car to me in the younger years here on the board...and @ MVIV too have finally seen it in person--I thought to myself--that darn thing is real--really painted that way --not photo choped--( as I had thought) well my goodness----and I felt so good about it afterwards--and to meet you and your daughter and have dinner at a later event together with my Ms M......gosh---it just won't seem right not having that silver/and black / w/green trim apart of our existance----its' funny--if you have been here as long as I have--you'd seen and read alot--and I've seen alot of friends come and go--but some things --well you just don't want them to change nor go away --and thats your MM----you can stay--LOL--anyway--hope all works out for you and Jamie---it just won't seem right seeing you again some day and you not be in that special colored MM of "ours"......Tom

magindat
12-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Today I met a new friend. Ryan, Tyrfyr and I had a talk. We spoke of car stereo, life changes, children and of course, my car.

During our talk, I heard children in the background. As we spoke and got to know each other, I was gettin' a little choked up. This is the right move.

It looks like the Magindat Marauder will become the Tirefryr Marauder. Fitting, she kinda always was a tire fryer!!!!

Sounds like her life as the consummate road warrior will continue. She'll continue in the hands of another audio geek who'll appreciate her old skool amp and hand built woofer. Also sounds like she'll be enjoyed with kids and protect them as she has mine. Most important, it seems Ryan will keep her in the collective...

So, all in all, it appears my intentions have hit the mark. It seems the car will fit Ryan's life. It seems the deal will suit us both nicely. I feel awesome knowing we are helping one another continue with life and family changes.

I look forward to her going to her new home and knowing a new friend.

Ryan, I'll be in touch! Thank you sir.

Rich

magindat
12-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Rich--Aside from my fun in my last post to Cheesehead---I am sorry to see your sale of your MM--It was such an inspiring car to me in the younger years here on the board...and @ MVIV too have finally seen it in person--I thought to myself--that darn thing is real--really painted that way --not photo choped--( as I had thought) well my goodness----and I felt so good about it afterwards--and to meet you and your daughter and have dinner at a later event together with my Ms M......gosh---it just won't seem right not having that silver/and black / w/green trim apart of our existance----its' funny--if you have been here as long as I have--you'd seen and read alot--and I've seen alot of friends come and go--but some things --well you just don't want them to change nor go away --and thats your MM----you can stay--LOL--anyway--hope all works out for you and Jamie---it just won't seem right seeing you again some day and you not be in that special colored MM of "ours"......Tom

Tom, thanks. As Dave and Randy posted earlier, friendships will continue and as you saw, the car will continue to be in the 'family'.

magindat
12-15-2008, 05:22 PM

I would and you know it!!!

signed, OFIT!

Blackmobile
12-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Now that you've made sure the car stays in the community, we have to deal with part 2.......Making sure YOU stay in the continuum.
Didn't anyone tell you that this is like the Mafia :gangster: , once you're accepted there is no resigning.....Brutha. :D

Ed

Cobra25
12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Now that you've made sure the car stays in the community, we have to deal with part 2.......Making sure YOU stay in the continuum.
Didn't anyone tell you that this is like the Mafia :gangster: , once you're accepted there is no resigning.....Brutha. :D

EdPlus + 1 on that !

magindat
12-15-2008, 07:00 PM

Ed

Plus + 1 on that !

[Fingers crossed]
Assuming this all works out according to plan, I'll drop down there on a monthly night with the FX4 F150 with matching 4-wheeler in the bed!
[/Fingers crossed]

I intend to remain. Maybe not as active, but a presence nonetheless.

Thanx!

Rich

RoyLPita
12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
What year FX4 F150?

Rich, would you please answer my question?

magindat
12-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Rich, would you please answer my question?

Oh missed it.
06 33K will post pics and details if and when the deal is done... don't wanna jinx nuthin!!!

n00bkiller944
12-15-2008, 07:42 PM
^^^Congrats on the sale, can't wait for pics!

RoyLPita
12-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh missed it.
06 33K will post pics and details if and when the deal is done... don't wanna jinx nuthin!!!

How's about PMing me the VIN and I'll run an OASIS report for you.

Windsor58
12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Dang. This was a shock. Good luck and keep in touch, Rich.
Chip

magindat
12-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Deal fell through. If this car doesn't go by Monday, 12/22 - It's getting traded. I'm ready to move on and ready is ready!!!!

I'm ready to go. PM me for the best deal you'll ever get on my mega reliable BLOWN Marauder!!!

To see this car in a good home, I'm dropping price to 11,500!!!!

ckadiddle
12-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Somebody puhleeeze buy this car! Rich ran with me at MVIV and his MM was my wedding limo a year and a half ago. If I wasn't financially strapped, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and then sell one of the other MMs. This car is danged clean and very very lovingly modified. Top notch EVERYTHING!! If things weren't bad and looking worse for us, I would be all over this like white on rice.

The photos I took do NOT do the paint job justice. It looks much much better in person.

These are MVIV pics I took:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/maraudervilleIV/photosz173.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/maraudervilleIV/photosz162.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/maraudervilleIV/photos085.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/maraudervilleIV/photos079.jpg

magindat
12-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanx, Pete.

Dealership is researching trade-ability.

I hate to see it end like that, but it's time to move on...

Rocknthehawk
12-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanx, Pete.

Wow....

wish there was a way i could afford it, but i've already got a truck i'm paying for.

:depress:

TiTo35
12-18-2008, 06:31 PM
I cant believe this...

TAKEDOWN
12-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Ahhh man... I hope the new owner will take awesome care of this car.

SC Cheesehead
12-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Plus + 1 on that !

Yep, the guy's a made man.

Sorry to hear the deal fell through, but hope the trade goes well.

MarauderTJA
12-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Thanx, Pete.

Geez Rich, what is the rush here:confused:. Someone will buy your car for the amount you want. I'll be really surprised if the dealership will offer you 9K. It seems like you are on a mission and losing site of reality for a truck :depress:. I respect your decision, but man....slow down.... You know I am your friend, just voicing an opinion here.:beer:

Joe Walsh
12-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Geez Rich, what is the rush here:confused:. Someone will buy your car for the amount you want. I'll be really surprised if the dealership will offer you 9K. It seems like you are on a mission and losing site of reality for a truck :depress:. I respect your decision, but man....slow down.... You know I am your friend, just voicing an opinion here.:beer:

^^^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^^^^^

When I was forced to sell my Procharger S/C kit due to several severe financial set backs, I got a few bites...then nothing!
I was losing hope that I would be able to sell the S/C kit,
BUT.....I continued to wait and eventually Dave (blazen71) bought it at a great price that was close to what I was asking for the kit.

BTW: Sorry to see you sell your Bad Boy Marauder...:(

ckadiddle
12-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Thanx, Pete.

You're welcome. It's all truth. It's killing me that I cannot take it off your hands right now. How often can you find a supercharged Marauder for 11,500???? Huh????? As far as Marauders go, it's one of a kind...how often do you get a chance to own a one of a kind vehicle?

I fear that a dealership will offer you only peanuts due to it's highly modded state. If I owned a dealership, it would be shined up and made the centerpiece of the showroom.

Cobra25
12-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Rich please take your time and get a good or fair price for your marauder. Your giveing it away for what your asking for it. I just want to see you do good in the sale my friend.

Rocknthehawk
12-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Rich please take your time and get a good or fair price for your marauder. Your giveing it away for what your asking for it. I just want to see you do good in the sale my friend.

I've been trying to figure something out...but i can't sell my truck quick enough to afford it.

my wallet ***** slapped me when i started pondering the idea.

hot-rauder
12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I've been trying to figure something out...but i can't sell my truck quick enough to afford it.

I think I will slap you too.....

although it would be nice to have since mine is no longer here.

TiTo35
12-19-2008, 12:59 PM

I think I will slap you too.....

although it would be nice to have since mine is no longer here.

Imma slap both of you two!!! Go half on it?? Hey I am just pondering ideas myself...I am thinking that that car wont last long if it goes to just anyone. :(

OneBADLsE
12-19-2008, 02:19 PM
I cant believe what im seeing. I really cant.

11,500....it makes me believe that these cars are really going down the toilet.

OneBADLsE
12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
how many miles does it have??

BODYMAN
12-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I beleive Rich said it had 87,XXX but dont qoute me on that. snizzle the wife wont let me buy another or I will be flying to fla. If he would have came up with this 3-months ago I would have bought this!!instead of the one I got. I wish him the best :beer:

a_d_a_m
12-19-2008, 05:45 PM
those subsequent pictures make it look a LOT better than the first picture i saw.

IF I EVER GET MY ****TY MARQUIS FIXED and this car is still available, i'm interested.

Rawderboy
12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
I read your post man and i wish i would have waited till now cuz I just dropped a MM 04 this past August. They are becoming popular again here in Detroit MI again after the Dodge Charger craze... everyone traded their cars in or ran them into the ground. Ill ask around because its hard to find a clean MM here in MI!! Best of luck to ya dude!!

magindat
12-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys. I respect your opinions and friendly help and advice.

I've built MANY custom cars that have become VERY well known, not unlike this one. At some point, it gets to me. It kinda happens all at once and I want my anonymity back. Some time in the future, the bug bites me again and the cycle repeats itself.

Without a doubt, this has been the best run and I WILL maintain the friendships I've been privileged to enjoy.

The values are NOT in the toilet.

When I customize, I never expect to get any of it back. I pay to play, and believe me, I've gotten my money's worth!!! The way I feel about this car and community, I see breaking even as an opportunity for someone to enjoy something they normally never would have been able to. Just ask NOT-50 about THAT!

So, if the dealer breaks me even or someone buys it, I'm good. If not, I'll drive it while it sits here for sale for a few more dollars than it's listed now.

I didn't get a call from the dealer today, so it's available till at least Monday.

Pete, Thanks for your comment on the phone. He said the best gift you can give anyone is that of your time. That's the gift I seek to give my daughter. She deserves it. And that's the gift someone will get if they own this car...

magindat
12-19-2008, 07:02 PM
86K miles
20K miles supercharged
46K on the trans and driveline
Never ever a lick of mechanical trouble

Blk Mamba
12-19-2008, 07:12 PM
The bank wants me to pay off the '05 Silverado, ($2000) first, maybe right after the first of the new year.

bob6364
12-19-2008, 07:23 PM
If i hadn't just co-signed for my son :mad2::mad2::mad2:

OneBADLsE
12-19-2008, 09:40 PM
86K miles
20K miles supercharged
46K on the trans and driveline
Never ever a lick of mechanical trouble

For a second i thought it had 40,xxx miles on it ...then the current asking price is right where it should be ;)

And you're right. Do not expect a penny back for what you put into it. The value remains what it is... I learned that on all my vehicles.

Windsor58
12-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Come on - SOMEBODY help a brother out, here.
Tell your neighbors and friends.
This is too great a car and Rich is too good a friend to let this car get traded in!!
He is doing this for a noble cause - spending more time with his daughter. I hate to see him out of this car, but have to respect his dedication to what is really important here. In another time and with another bank account, I'd buy it just to save it from the dealer.

Hope you are successful in getting what you need for the car, in the timeframe you need it, Rich.

magindat
12-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Come on - SOMEBODY help a brother out, here.
Tell your neighbors and friends.
This is too great a car and Rich is too good a friend to let this car get traded in!!
He is doing this for a noble cause - spending more time with his daughter. I hate to see him out of this car, but have to respect his dedication to what is really important here. In another time and with another bank account, I'd buy it just to save it from the dealer.

Hope you are successful in getting what you need for the car, in the timeframe you need it, Rich.

Thanx, Chip. It was good talking with ya!!!

You are always welcome at my place!!!

Aren Jay
12-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Does DR want another Marauder?

hot-rauder
12-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Does DR want another Marauder?

Do you? now you would have to make up your mind of what color. You could use his car.

Aren Jay's Magindat Snowrauder.....

Aren Jay
12-21-2008, 12:30 AM
No where to park it right now.

hot-rauder
12-21-2008, 08:27 AM
No where to park it right now.

Underground maybe? lol

Vortech347
12-22-2008, 12:12 AM
I think one challange is the paint on the car. I'm sure you absolutly love it but it narrows the window to a "Certain" buyer. Know what I mean?

Darkside
12-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I think one challange is the paint on the car. I'm sure you absolutly love it but it narrows the window to a "Certain" buyer. Know what I mean?

Absolutely. If it was any stock color, I would have flown down this past weekend for the price.

03calitejas
12-22-2008, 11:10 AM
I have a potential buyer for this car...I just PM'd Magindat and hope he's not at the dealer trading it in right now. If anyone can share his phone # w me in a PM, I'd appreciate it.

Happy Holidays to all my MM brethren

:beer:

magindat
12-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I have received no PM

cell 772-216-XXXX

Agent M79
12-22-2008, 09:40 PM
The paint? Hell, for what he wants for it, you could buy it and get it painted whatever color you want and still be ahead.

I think he said he even taped off the the door jambs, etc. so a repaint to black(?) could be done easier.

If I was employed steadily, I would have done just that. Buy it. Paint it. Drive it like a maniac.

Blk Mamba
12-23-2008, 12:57 AM
I really wish this sale was in 3 months from now, I would have taken it at $13,000. I just can't do it now. My loss.

ckadiddle
12-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Some short, blurry vid clips of Magindat beating up on me at MVIV. They sound good though. Keep in mind this was long before the s/c was installed, so he only beat me by a few seconds. :)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/maraudervilleIV/th_5th.jpg (http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/maraudervilleIV/?action=view&current=5th.flv)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/maraudervilleIV/th_3rd.jpg (http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/maraudervilleIV/?action=view&current=3rd.flv)

Aren Jay
12-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Does this have a salvage title?

ckadiddle
12-24-2008, 09:36 AM
I don't think so. Send Rich a PM.

offroadkarter
12-24-2008, 02:18 PM
The car was traded in 2 days ago :(

50 bucks says it ends up a donk

03calitejas
12-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Rich,

My bro isn't able to make a commitment on the car at this point but I will be up visiting him with mine in a week. If he drives mine and finds he loves the MM as much as I do, I'll get back to you. I know you gotta do what you gotta do so I may have to traqck the car down in a week or two if its still available.

My best to you sir...enojoy the holidays and go tromping around in the woods with your lil lady there.

John

Hacklemerc
12-24-2008, 02:35 PM

Man I hope not. I've never seen the car in person but in the pics its awesome.

offroadkarter
12-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Man I hope not. I've never seen the car in person but in the pics its awesome.

read the edit in his first post "If the car is not sold by the 22nd its being traded in"

magindat
12-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Does this have a salvage title?

No and if it were I'd say so.

magindat
12-24-2008, 02:56 PM

Still available. dealership dragging feet. Somebody save her...

magindat
12-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Rich,

My bro isn't able to make a commitment on the car at this point but I will be up visiting him with mine in a week. If he drives mine and finds he loves the MM as much as I do, I'll get back to you. I know you gotta do what you gotta do so I may have to traqck the car down in a week or two if its still available.

My best to you sir...enojoy the holidays and go tromping around in the woods with your lil lady there.

John

Thanx John and good to meet you. welcome to the collective. Once you're assimilated, you're stuck forever - no matter what you drive. Great folks here.

Hacklemerc
12-25-2008, 12:13 AM
read the edit in his first post "If the car is not sold by the 22nd its being traded in"

I just hope it doesn't end up a Donk...

Badrosky
12-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Anyone know a good way to get in touch with the seller? I tried PM but no response.

DEW34
12-25-2008, 06:42 AM
look thru the posts his cell number is listed on page 5 6 or 7
good luck
mike #90:burnout:

Badrosky
12-25-2008, 09:15 AM
look thru the posts his cell number is listed on page 5 6 or 7
good luck
mike #90:burnout:

lol all i see is 772-216-XXXX i even tried guessing the last 4 numbers j/k

Cobra25
12-25-2008, 10:53 AM
lol all i see is 772-216-XXXX i even tried guessing the last 4 numbers j/k I'll pm you his number

magindat
12-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Anyone know a good way to get in touch with the seller? I tried PM but no response.
I can't understand why I'm not getting pms!!!

magindat@gmail.com

I listed my number for a moment because i saw him on line and then erased it due to public forum....

magindat
12-25-2008, 10:57 AM
lol all i see is 772-216-XXXX i even tried guessing the last 4 numbers j/k

I think i got an email from you!!!

Feel free to call. I didn't want to bug anybody during the holidays

gcgarner
12-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Still for sale? Just curious.

Paul
12-26-2008, 11:13 PM
If you're interested in a Marauder, better jump on this one while you can. Rich is a member of the old-guard of this forum (look at his post count - you don't cross 6,400 posts easily), meaning he's lavished thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in perfecting this car. He's a man with a very generous nature and an honorable soul - if he says something is true, it is. You would be hard-pressed to find a supercharged car with the sound system he's got at this price and in this condition anywhere else. Snooze and lose.

ckadiddle
12-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Somebody PLEASE buy this car before I sell the house and buy it. K?

magindat
12-27-2008, 06:06 PM
I've met some really cool people discussing the car on the phone. Thanx for the interest. For some reason I'm not getting PMs like I should. I have received afew emails and have followed up on the call backs save for one I just got moments ago.

With any luck, the foot-draggin dealer will have provided the time window necessary for her to find a good home.

Thanx to all those who have vouched for the car - and it's owner, too.

- Rich

Aren Jay
12-28-2008, 09:19 PM
seems this may be a mute post after all.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
12-29-2008, 10:04 AM
MOOT not mute

SC Cheesehead
12-29-2008, 01:28 PM
So Rich, what's the latest?

magindat
12-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Nuther potential deal fell through. Dealer wants answers. :confused:

Waiting for news..... they only want to give me 8K on trade now. They can stick that up their :mad2:!

If this deal don't fly, I'm gonna have to give this beautiful FX4 F150 back.

:bigcry:

Then I'll have the Marauder dealer prepped, take a ton of photos and post it for sale properly - maybe even on ebay - and get 15K.

SC Cheesehead
12-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Nuther potential deal fell through. Dealer wants answers. :confused:

Waiting for news..... they only want to give me 8K on trade now. They can stick that up their :mad2:!

If this deal don't fly, I'm gonna have to give this beautiful FX4 F150 back.

:bigcry:

Then I'll have the Marauder dealer prepped, take a ton of photos and post it for sale properly - maybe even on ebay - and get 15K.

Man, I cannot BELIEVE your car won't sell.

Don't go for the 8K trade-in, that guy oughta be shot for even making such a stoopid offer!

Hang in there, Rich!

gcgarner
12-29-2008, 02:06 PM
I agree ... I was the latest potential buyer that didn't come through. I feel like you could get your price for this car, Rich. It will just take some patience. Don't let the dealer jerk you around. If you have to, give them the truck back, sell your car for what it's worth to someone who really wants it, then go buy another truck at a different dealer and use the extra cash for those 4-wheelers you and your daughter want. As much as car dealers are hurting right now, you think they'd go out of their way to make a deal with you.

For those reading this, I have to say that anyone that has said anything good about Rich is absolutely right. A real pleasure to talk to. I said when I first came on this board that I wasn't interested in buying Rich's car ... but then I thought it might be too good of a deal to pass up ... but after talking to my Dad (whose opinion holds A LOT of merit with me) and searching my soul, this car just wasn't a fit for me.

DJCV
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm not in the market......but anyone who is halfway thinking about it better step up and buy this darn car right now.

Marauderman
12-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I agree ... I was the latest potential buyer that didn't come through..

..... but after talking to my Dad (whose opinion holds A LOT of merit with me) and searching my soul, this car just wasn't a fit for me.

am curious...........what did your Dad say that made you feel it was not the car for you..??? Are you willing to tell us......cause we all had you as the new owner.......after all.....you pretty much agreed that it was the car with the right price-----.......just curious........Thanks.....Tom

magindat
12-30-2008, 10:40 AM
http://www.magindat.net/DCIM/123CANON/IMG_2311.JPG
http://www.magindat.net/pics/DSCF6219.jpg
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=13774&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=13774&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=13773&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=13773&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=13772&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=13772&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=11302&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=11302&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=11301&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=11301&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=11300&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=11300&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=11008&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=11008&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=11007&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=11007&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=11006&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=11006&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8651&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=8651&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8649&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=8649&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8648&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=8648&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7604&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=7604&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7022&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=7022&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7021&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=7021&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7020&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=7020&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7019&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=7019&c=3&userid=3548).
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7018&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=7018&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7017&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=7017&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7016&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=7016&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=2890&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=2890&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=2889&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=2889&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=2888&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=2888&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=2886&c=3&userid=3548 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/../showcase/showimage.php?i=2886&c=3&userid=3548)
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1944.jpg
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1944.jpg
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1945.jpg
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1946.jpg
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1947.jpg
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1948.jpg
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1949.jpg
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1950.jpg
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1951.jpg
http://www.magindat.net/bling/img_1952.jpg

Under-hood pics to be taken in the morning...

fastblackmerc
12-30-2008, 10:46 AM
am curious...........what did your Dad say that made you feel it was not the car for you..??? Are you willing to tell us......cause we all had you as the new owner.......after all.....you pretty much agreed that it was the car with the right price-----.......just curious........Thanks.....Tom

I'd like to know why your Dad doesn't think the MM was "right" for you.

freakstatus
12-30-2008, 11:07 AM
I can't believe this is still available. I bought mine last year for $22,500. If I was in the market now, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and ship it up here...granted I would paint it black and restore the stock look.

Raudermaster
12-30-2008, 11:08 AM

And not to mention you're 31 and still asking him for advice?

MeadeRaudeR
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Why wouldn't he ask his father for advice?!? Very few people on this earth you can trust, one's father SHOULD be one of them. That being said, I can't believe no one has bought this car-the ONLY thing stopping me from buying it is my wifes irreversible hatred of fomoco-she will not drive my car for anything-her choice. Women are strange........

magindat
12-30-2008, 12:48 PM

too customized

magindat
12-30-2008, 12:48 PM
And not to mention you're 31 and still asking him for advice?

Leave him alone, Jarod. We're all friends here....

fastblackmerc
12-30-2008, 12:54 PM
too customized

That makes sense. Could be harder to sell down the road. Just like selling a furnished house.... some people wouldn't like your taste.

Blk Mamba
12-30-2008, 01:01 PM
every one wants it or would buy it if they had not bought one recently, as I've said before, in three, to four months I'll be in the market, but that is an eternity to the seller...

DTRMiguel
12-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Um lets trade. :D Interested?

Aren Jay
12-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Um lets trade. :D Interested?

Ironically he could probably sell yours for more or easier.

PS there are now officially 983 DTR's.

DTRMiguel
12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Ironically he could probably sell yours for more or easier.

PS there are now officially 983 DTR's.

:lol: the number changes everyweek! Whats the real number?
PS i saw a half DTR half black one a few days ago. What color does this one fall under?:help:

TiTo35
12-30-2008, 04:07 PM
:lol: the number changes everyweek! Whats the real number?
PS i saw a half DTR half black one a few days ago. What color does this one fall under?:help:

Where did you see that car?

magindat
12-31-2008, 08:19 AM
http://www.magindat.net/marauder/IMG00034.jpg

http://www.magindat.net/marauder/IMG00033.jpg

http://www.magindat.net/marauder/IMG00032.jpg

http://www.magindat.net/marauder/IMG00031.jpg

magindat
12-31-2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.magindat.net/marauder/IMG00030.jpg

http://www.magindat.net/marauder/IMG00029.jpg

http://www.magindat.net/marauder/IMG00028.jpg

http://www.magindat.net/marauder/IMG00027.jpg

Aren Jay
01-02-2009, 02:10 AM
What would happen if you parted out the SC? would it sell better stock, but for paint?

Spectragod
01-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Wow, not sold. If anyone is remotly considering this purchase, consider what your going to be getting.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a S/C, almost 6k alone, I'm wondering if I should just buy another car.

GL with the sale, let's hope it goes to a member, not a dealer.

gcgarner
01-02-2009, 07:31 AM
And not to mention you're 31 and still asking him for advice? Actually, I knew in my heart all along that it wasn't right. It just seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. Magindat's car is the farthest thing in the world from stock, and while it was handled with much care and every modification was done perfectly and well-documented along the way, he reminded me that since I hadn't done any of the work myself, I would have a hard time fixing anything that might go wrong. This is going to be a DD, not a garage queen. And no matter how reliable it is now, something is bound to go wrong in the near future. And even with Rich's full support, he's still 10 hours away from me.

Also, when it comes to cars, I couldn't think of a better person's advice to ask than my Dad's. I am very lucky to have a Dad that took me to car shows even before I could walk. He was turning wrenches before a lot of you were born. I grew up riding in a '63 Vette split window (this one sold on Barrett-Jackson a couple of years back for 75 large ... unfortunately we sold it in '83), '66 GTO convertible (389 tri power), 56 Crown Vic, 55 Chevy convertible, 56 Nomad (he still has this one), 56 Coupe DeVille (still has this one too), 57 Chevy 2-door post, 55, 56, and 57 matching white T-birds, 61 T-bird, too many Cadillacs and Lincolns to mention, and many, many, many more ... and none were garage queens (then). We never had "normal" cars. I would never buy a car with any potential collector value without asking his opinion. I hope others are as lucky to have such a great Dad.

Please don't make posts just to try and insult or belittle someone. Especially when it has no merit.

Under the hood looks good, Rich. What is the latest?

Vortech347
01-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Note: if trying to sell a car use a high quality camera, not a cell phone. Pictures/presentation is everything.

hot-rauder
01-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Note: if trying to sell a car use a high quality camera, not a cell phone. Pictures/presentation is everything.

it is a real camera... too large/clear for cell phone...

My old digital (8-9 years old) takes similiar pics outside. Its probably just not as nice as many peoples?

ckadiddle
01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Will somebody PLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEE buy this car?????????????

Blk Mamba
01-02-2009, 11:37 AM
I'd love to, finance me.

freakstatus
01-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Also, when it comes to cars, I couldn't think of a better person's advice to ask than my Dad's. I am very lucky to have a Dad that took me to car shows even before I could walk. He was turning wrenches before a lot of you were born. I grew up riding in a '63 Vette split window (this one sold on Barrett-Jackson a couple of years back for 75 large ... unfortunately we sold it in '83), '66 GTO convertible (389 tri power), 56 Crown Vic, 55 Chevy convertible, 56 Nomad (he still has this one), 56 Coupe DeVille (still has this one too), 57 Chevy 2-door post, 55, 56, and 57 matching white T-birds, 61 T-bird, too many Cadillacs and Lincolns to mention, and many, many, many more ... and none were garage queens (then). We never had "normal" cars. I would never buy a car with any potential collector value without asking his opinion. I hope others are as lucky to have such a great Dad.

+1...Well said. I too have this priveledge and ask my dads advice all the time....and not just about cars. My dad is 71 now and as we get older I find myself appreciating his advice more and more.

Richy04
01-03-2009, 03:21 PM
You owe no one an explanation, your dads word is gold and thats it.. The car is worth every penny of what he is asking, it is assembled to the highest standards with the utmost care with the best of materials as far as I can see, but its just not in the cards for you. I think the car is real nice and a good deal, but just not for you.

But if you did buy it, and took care of it, I am sure it would be as reliable as any other that is taken care of. I bought mine with 38k miles loaded with a warranty. So far its been pretty good to me, I did have to open the hood a few times, but I consider working on cars as entertainment. I do all of my own work and troubleshooting, the benefit of being in the car repair and parts business for over 20 years. I took that with me at least. There are some things I do take her in for, like alignments, tires, etc.

I havent done that for a living since 1997 but I still go for classes every now and then and I have my own electronics bench for the repair of the motors and modules along with a nice size garage and a host of tools.

All of this keeps me from killing people, since its like therapy..

a_d_a_m
01-03-2009, 03:27 PM
my aunt totalled her 3000GT a few months back and hasn't replaced it with anything yet...she's still wearing a cast and taking pain meds. but i know she's going to want a toy soon, and i showed her this...

she liked it quite a bit, but like a few others here, it's not the right time for her.

MM03MOK
01-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Just a reminder that this thread is in the Classifieds section. For Rich's benefit in selling his car, please keep to the topic of a great Marauder needing a loving home. TNX.

gcgarner
01-03-2009, 08:57 PM
:agree:

But somehow I've noticed on this board that threads get way out of control real quick ... like my "Wanted" classified that has turned into a discussion about cutting the B pillars on a Marauder and also adding 4WD. :rolleyes:

OK ... back to topic.

magindat
01-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Just a reminder that this thread is in the Classifieds section. For Rich's benefit in selling his car, please keep to the topic of a great Marauder needing a loving home. TNX.

Mary, just delete this thread all together, please. It's not gonna happen in the allotted time, so I'll go to plan B and post it for sale properly and for a proper price a bit further down the road.

Thanx friends.

Rich

MM2004
01-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Rich,

I am sorry you haven't sold your beloved MM as of late.

It is a great car and will serve well that right person that takes ownership of her.

I uploaded these to your gallery for future use..

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/img00034_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=15207&c=3&userid=3548)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/img00028_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=15206&c=3&userid=3548)

Mike.